or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1757

post #26341 of 37261
Gilt thing is targeted, not sure how though. I got a 40% off coupon to my account as well. I've never bought anything from Gilt City and haven't in like 2 years from Gilt Groupe.

Was interested in the Ledbury deal but their shirts to be huge... Smallet size is a "15," supposed equivalent of a 36/38. As a 36, a slim fit 42" chest measurement on a shirt would have me swimming in it. 37.5" waist??
post #26342 of 37261

Need a Red Wings discount!  

post #26343 of 37261
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

they, and many others, ship UPS ground, which costs the same for something that weighs .5lb or 1lb (and is only marginally more expensive for something that is 2lb, 2.5, etc)

like Raindrop said, you want to minimize, buy more!

 

I wouldn't say it is marginally more expensive. The cost per pound decreases as you ship heavier. It's the stupid fees like a Residential Delivery charge of $3+ per box and fuel surcharges that really drive the cost of shipping.

post #26344 of 37261
Quote:
Originally Posted by stafa View Post

I wouldn't say it is marginally more expensive. The cost per pound decreases as you ship heavier. It's the stupid fees like a Residential Delivery charge of $3+ per box and fuel surcharges that really drive the cost of shipping.

NY to BOS via UPS ground is 12.70 for 2lbs, 13.13 for 3lbs
if that's not a marginal increase then I don't know what is.
post #26345 of 37261
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan17 View Post

Need a Red Wings discount!  

Brooks Bros has 30% corporate discount today.
They carry some Red Wings.
Discount is also working on cordo Aldens.

Search the Brooks Brothers thread in MC for "corporate perks" for instructions on getting a discount.
Search the Alden thread for more hoops to jump through to get it working.
post #26346 of 37261
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post


NY to BOS via UPS ground is 12.70 for 2lbs, 13.13 for 3lbs
if that's not a marginal increase then I don't know what is.


Per pound it's over a 30% decrease in cost.

post #26347 of 37261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthwhyte View Post


Per pound it's over a 30% decrease in cost.

Marginally
post #26348 of 37261
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Brooks Bros has 30% corporate discount today.
They carry some Red Wings.
Discount is also working on cordo Aldens.

Search the Brooks Brothers thread in MC for "corporate perks" for instructions on getting a discount.
Search the Alden thread for more hoops to jump through to get it working.

If you miss out, it's no big deal. It moves down to 25% tomorrow.
post #26349 of 37261
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

whats unreasonable about $14? iirc, they ship via USPS or Fedex so atleast you get what you pair for - quality service - unlike USPS which can be a crapshoot

Must be where you live. USPS is far better than UPS and FedEx for where I live. I hate it when UPS and Fedex will let my package sit in their warehouse for 5 days when I'm getting something a couple hours away. Out of principal, I won't pay more than $8 or $9 for any place that ships with them. USPS I wouldn't mind.
post #26350 of 37261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post

If you miss out, it's no big deal. It moves down to 25% tomorrow.

I haven't tried, but I didn't see any exclusion in the terms and conditions that says today's sale can't be applied to Edward Greens or shell cordovan shoes. Their Friends and Family sale typically excludes these items. Someone would have to try checking out to see if this works though.

Edit: Nevermind. Just say someone say above that it works on shell Aldens. Possibly not a bad discount on EGs then as well.
post #26351 of 37261
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post


NY to BOS via UPS ground is 12.70 for 2lbs, 13.13 for 3lbs
if that's not a marginal increase then I don't know what is.

I get what you're saying, but there's more to it than that. You're also not accounting for differences in rates for different zones. NY to Boston is cheaper than sending from NY to Cali. 3lb base rate can range from $6.45 to $9.13 depending on where in the US you are sending to. Then you have a $3+ Residential delivery surcharge and also a 6-7% of the base rate as a fuel surcharge. Shipping costs a lot and it is very difficult for many small businesses to compete with the big boys like Amazon who have changed customer's expectations when it comes to paying for shipping on online purchases. 

post #26352 of 37261
Cultizm, 20% off sale items with the code bonus

http://www.cultizm.com/specials.php
post #26353 of 37261
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Cultizm, 20% off sale items with the code bonus

http://www.cultizm.com/specials.php

Link's broken.

Edit: That's weird, I really thought you had a link for the Klipsch headphones when I quoted you.
post #26354 of 37261
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

Link's broken.

Edit: That's weird, I really thought you had a link for the Klipsch headphones when I quoted you.

I did, but then I realized this thread should probably be kept to just clothing sales, so I changed it
Edited by dieworkwear - 3/15/13 at 9:55am
post #26355 of 37261
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

I did, but then I realized this thread should probably be kept to just clothing sales, so I changed it

Probably, but you know, you could start another thread, and if it catches on, it can easily be moved to one of our other forums dedicated to that type of stuff. A lot of great threads have been birthed that way.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread