Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent sweaters Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:26am in Buying and Selling
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:15am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 12/18/15 at 7:46am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015Last edited: 12/26/15
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Styleforum Visits Mister FreedomLast edited: 12/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1619
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24272 of 4432412/10/12 at 12:29ampost #24273 of 4432412/10/12 at 12:33ampost #24274 of 4432412/10/12 at 12:40ampost #24275 of 4432412/10/12 at 12:55ampost #24276 of 4432412/10/12 at 1:09ampost #24277 of 4432412/10/12 at 1:19ampost #24278 of 4432412/10/12 at 2:01ampost #24279 of 4432412/10/12 at 4:15ampost #24280 of 4432412/10/12 at 5:57amQuote:
They'll destroy your credit.post #24281 of 4432412/10/12 at 6:22ampost #24282 of 4432412/10/12 at 6:35amThere's a foolproof way to dealing with customs when you order from abroad:
1. Order item and always expect customs/duty fees.
2. If no customs/duty fees are charged, be happy and enjoy the item you ordered.
3. If customs/duties are charged, pay the bill and then enjoy the item you ordered.
Can we move on now?post #24283 of 4432412/10/12 at 6:43amQuote:
It's probably on his credit report because the lazy ass fool just ignored it. If you get a collection letter, send a simple letter saying "I dispute this.". The onus is on the collection agency to validate the debt. Since you likely never entered into any agreement with the shipping company, they won't be able to. Of course the sender of the package could then go after you but what's the likelihood of a foreign company going to that effort. Of course fedex and the shipper might not want to ever deal with you again.Quote:Shipper's Liability
In cases that the receiving party or the third party instructed to pay the duties and taxes for the package refuses to pay the fees, based on the contract of carriage with FedEx, "The shipper is ultimately liable for any duties and taxes assessed on the shipment." In this case, the shipper shall be billed for the dutiable/taxable package s/he sent.
Having said this, no matter how rapey the brokerage fees are, this a legitimate debt. The taxes actually are owed. Just pay your bills deadbeats.post #24284 of 4432412/10/12 at 6:43amQuote:Originally Posted by DLester
well I am going to wreck the thread with another customs story.
I just got hit with customs on a purchase from LN-CC. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I was surprised by that because I asked by email about it specifically before buying and they responded "As we now transact in US dollars and on a DDP basis the price on the website is the final price. You should not receive any extra charge from DHL or customs prior to your delivery." Their website says the same thing..
I emailed LN-CC a few days ago about the customs bill and haven't heard back. I am assuming this is an honest mistake on their part and maybe they haven't gotten back to me because of time difference + weekend + they haven't heard back from DHL.
I will let you know if they make this right, or if they don't. I am hoping they can get this sorted out because LN-CC is one of the few webstores that sells anything that I want. I would like to buy from them again.
I wish they would just ship by Royal Mail......
Well I'm officially concerned now. How long after you received your goods, did you receive the customs bill?post #24285 of 4432412/10/12 at 7:13am
- Official Sales Alert thread
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Currently, there are 1569 Active Users (369 Members and 1200 Guests)
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 27 seconds ago
- › The Vintage Shell Longwing Appreciation Thread: Florsheim, Hanover,... 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...