Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent sweaters Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:26am in Buying and Selling
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 2/18/16 at 1:36am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 12/18/15 at 7:46am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1619post #24272 of 4751312/10/12 at 12:29ampost #24273 of 4751312/10/12 at 12:33ampost #24274 of 4751312/10/12 at 12:40ampost #24275 of 4751312/10/12 at 12:55ampost #24276 of 4751312/10/12 at 1:09ampost #24277 of 4751312/10/12 at 1:19ampost #24278 of 4751312/10/12 at 2:01ampost #24279 of 4751312/10/12 at 4:15ampost #24280 of 4751312/10/12 at 5:57amQuote:
They'll destroy your credit.post #24281 of 4751312/10/12 at 6:22ampost #24282 of 4751312/10/12 at 6:35amThere's a foolproof way to dealing with customs when you order from abroad:
1. Order item and always expect customs/duty fees.
2. If no customs/duty fees are charged, be happy and enjoy the item you ordered.
3. If customs/duties are charged, pay the bill and then enjoy the item you ordered.
Can we move on now?post #24283 of 4751312/10/12 at 6:43amQuote:
It's probably on his credit report because the lazy ass fool just ignored it. If you get a collection letter, send a simple letter saying "I dispute this.". The onus is on the collection agency to validate the debt. Since you likely never entered into any agreement with the shipping company, they won't be able to. Of course the sender of the package could then go after you but what's the likelihood of a foreign company going to that effort. Of course fedex and the shipper might not want to ever deal with you again.Quote:Shipper's Liability
In cases that the receiving party or the third party instructed to pay the duties and taxes for the package refuses to pay the fees, based on the contract of carriage with FedEx, "The shipper is ultimately liable for any duties and taxes assessed on the shipment." In this case, the shipper shall be billed for the dutiable/taxable package s/he sent.
Having said this, no matter how rapey the brokerage fees are, this a legitimate debt. The taxes actually are owed. Just pay your bills deadbeats.post #24284 of 4751312/10/12 at 6:43amQuote:Originally Posted by DLester
well I am going to wreck the thread with another customs story.
I just got hit with customs on a purchase from LN-CC. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I was surprised by that because I asked by email about it specifically before buying and they responded "As we now transact in US dollars and on a DDP basis the price on the website is the final price. You should not receive any extra charge from DHL or customs prior to your delivery." Their website says the same thing..
I emailed LN-CC a few days ago about the customs bill and haven't heard back. I am assuming this is an honest mistake on their part and maybe they haven't gotten back to me because of time difference + weekend + they haven't heard back from DHL.
I will let you know if they make this right, or if they don't. I am hoping they can get this sorted out because LN-CC is one of the few webstores that sells anything that I want. I would like to buy from them again.
I wish they would just ship by Royal Mail......
Well I'm officially concerned now. How long after you received your goods, did you receive the customs bill?post #24285 of 4751312/10/12 at 7:13am
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Currently, there are 1397 Active Users (302 Members and 1095 Guests)
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › what brand is this bomber jacket? 8 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 12 minutes ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding