Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent sweaters Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:26am in Buying and Selling
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 2/18/16 at 1:36am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 12/18/15 at 7:46am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1619post #24272 of 5132112/10/12 at 12:29ampost #24273 of 5132112/10/12 at 12:33ampost #24274 of 5132112/10/12 at 12:40ampost #24275 of 5132112/10/12 at 12:55ampost #24276 of 5132112/10/12 at 1:09ampost #24277 of 5132112/10/12 at 1:19ampost #24278 of 5132112/10/12 at 2:01ampost #24279 of 5132112/10/12 at 4:15ampost #24280 of 5132112/10/12 at 5:57amQuote:
They'll destroy your credit.post #24281 of 5132112/10/12 at 6:22ampost #24282 of 5132112/10/12 at 6:35amThere's a foolproof way to dealing with customs when you order from abroad:
1. Order item and always expect customs/duty fees.
2. If no customs/duty fees are charged, be happy and enjoy the item you ordered.
3. If customs/duties are charged, pay the bill and then enjoy the item you ordered.
Can we move on now?post #24283 of 5132112/10/12 at 6:43amQuote:
It's probably on his credit report because the lazy ass fool just ignored it. If you get a collection letter, send a simple letter saying "I dispute this.". The onus is on the collection agency to validate the debt. Since you likely never entered into any agreement with the shipping company, they won't be able to. Of course the sender of the package could then go after you but what's the likelihood of a foreign company going to that effort. Of course fedex and the shipper might not want to ever deal with you again.Quote:Shipper's Liability
In cases that the receiving party or the third party instructed to pay the duties and taxes for the package refuses to pay the fees, based on the contract of carriage with FedEx, "The shipper is ultimately liable for any duties and taxes assessed on the shipment." In this case, the shipper shall be billed for the dutiable/taxable package s/he sent.
Having said this, no matter how rapey the brokerage fees are, this a legitimate debt. The taxes actually are owed. Just pay your bills deadbeats.post #24284 of 5132112/10/12 at 6:43amQuote:Originally Posted by DLester
well I am going to wreck the thread with another customs story.
I just got hit with customs on a purchase from LN-CC. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I was surprised by that because I asked by email about it specifically before buying and they responded "As we now transact in US dollars and on a DDP basis the price on the website is the final price. You should not receive any extra charge from DHL or customs prior to your delivery." Their website says the same thing..
I emailed LN-CC a few days ago about the customs bill and haven't heard back. I am assuming this is an honest mistake on their part and maybe they haven't gotten back to me because of time difference + weekend + they haven't heard back from DHL.
I will let you know if they make this right, or if they don't. I am hoping they can get this sorted out because LN-CC is one of the few webstores that sells anything that I want. I would like to buy from them again.
I wish they would just ship by Royal Mail......
Well I'm officially concerned now. How long after you received your goods, did you receive the customs bill?post #24285 of 5132112/10/12 at 7:13am
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Currently, there are 1694 Active Users (369 Members and 1325 Guests)
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 seconds ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 39 seconds ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shoes Carmina Albaladejo tan penny Loafers 80191. Size 9 UK NEWS 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 5 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 6 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...