Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- topicCoupon Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:15am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 7/12/12 at 1:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1619
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24272 of 4159412/10/12 at 12:29ampost #24273 of 4159412/10/12 at 12:33ampost #24274 of 4159412/10/12 at 12:40ampost #24275 of 4159412/10/12 at 12:55ampost #24276 of 4159412/10/12 at 1:09ampost #24277 of 4159412/10/12 at 1:19ampost #24278 of 4159412/10/12 at 2:01ampost #24279 of 4159412/10/12 at 4:15ampost #24280 of 4159412/10/12 at 5:57amQuote:
They'll destroy your credit.post #24281 of 4159412/10/12 at 6:22ampost #24282 of 4159412/10/12 at 6:35amThere's a foolproof way to dealing with customs when you order from abroad:
1. Order item and always expect customs/duty fees.
2. If no customs/duty fees are charged, be happy and enjoy the item you ordered.
3. If customs/duties are charged, pay the bill and then enjoy the item you ordered.
Can we move on now?post #24283 of 4159412/10/12 at 6:43amQuote:
It's probably on his credit report because the lazy ass fool just ignored it. If you get a collection letter, send a simple letter saying "I dispute this.". The onus is on the collection agency to validate the debt. Since you likely never entered into any agreement with the shipping company, they won't be able to. Of course the sender of the package could then go after you but what's the likelihood of a foreign company going to that effort. Of course fedex and the shipper might not want to ever deal with you again.Quote:Shipper's Liability
In cases that the receiving party or the third party instructed to pay the duties and taxes for the package refuses to pay the fees, based on the contract of carriage with FedEx, "The shipper is ultimately liable for any duties and taxes assessed on the shipment." In this case, the shipper shall be billed for the dutiable/taxable package s/he sent.
Having said this, no matter how rapey the brokerage fees are, this a legitimate debt. The taxes actually are owed. Just pay your bills deadbeats.post #24284 of 4159412/10/12 at 6:43amQuote:Originally Posted by DLester
well I am going to wreck the thread with another customs story.
I just got hit with customs on a purchase from LN-CC. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I was surprised by that because I asked by email about it specifically before buying and they responded "As we now transact in US dollars and on a DDP basis the price on the website is the final price. You should not receive any extra charge from DHL or customs prior to your delivery." Their website says the same thing..
I emailed LN-CC a few days ago about the customs bill and haven't heard back. I am assuming this is an honest mistake on their part and maybe they haven't gotten back to me because of time difference + weekend + they haven't heard back from DHL.
I will let you know if they make this right, or if they don't. I am hoping they can get this sorted out because LN-CC is one of the few webstores that sells anything that I want. I would like to buy from them again.
I wish they would just ship by Royal Mail......
Well I'm officially concerned now. How long after you received your goods, did you receive the customs bill?post #24285 of 4159412/10/12 at 7:13am
- Official Sales Alert thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
Currently, there are 1506 Active Users (321 Members and 1185 Guests)
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 seconds ago
- › Crocodile belts and Alligator belts 20 seconds ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 minutes ago
- › Cigars 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...