or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1617

post #24241 of 36450
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannoob View Post


Look man, I just want to find the best deal on a pair of APCs. I apologize if me being cheap offends you, but rest assured, I contribute to HST as much as any other Canadian. No need to be so judgemental haha

Hey man, I know what you mean. HST sucks with its 12%. Living in Alberta is good with its 5% and it makes a huge difference when every one of your purchase is 7% less. 

 

Don't look at it about HST or duties and such. Just think more about whether you are comfortable with buying jeans without trying them on. If you go and buy from TBS and save a couple of bucks but then you don't like the size and want to exchange them, it's going to cost you on the shipping. Other users have said that TBS isn't nearly as fast with the exchanges as they are with their deliveries. You buy from Dutil and you pay about $190 but you get to try and find your perfect pair (plus help support your local stores). Or you buy from TBS and it costs about $153 with shipping but they may not fit you as you want and have to exchange them, which may cost more. When I got my APCs from TBS, I got hit with about $26 for duties (with HST, you may be slightly more) so you may be paying up to $180 for them. 

 

Just think if the $10 is worth it for jeans you are unsure about the size and maybe wait for Boxing Day for Dutil's sales (or hit up Holt Renfrew) and can actually try the jeans. Just don't go trying the jeans at Dutil and then buying online... That just seems a bit sleazy to me. 

post #24242 of 36450
Haha I'm not worried about returns or sizing, I already have a pair of APCs so I know what'll fit. Thanks though!

I splurged a bit during black friday so I'm holding myself back from pulling the trigger. I've been telling myself that I can only justify getting them if I find a good sale for 'em haha
post #24243 of 36450
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLester View Post

well I am going to wreck the thread with another customs story.
I just got hit with customs on a purchase from LN-CC. I was surprised by that because I asked by email about it specifically before buying and they responded "As we now transact in US dollars and on a DDP basis the price on the website is the final price. You should not receive any extra charge from DHL or customs prior to your delivery." Their website says the same thing.
I emailed LN-CC a few days ago about the customs bill and haven't heard back. I am assuming this is an honest mistake on their part and maybe they haven't gotten back to me because of time difference + weekend + they haven't heard back from DHL.
I will let you know if they make this right, or if they don't. I am hoping they can get this sorted out because LN-CC is one of the few webstores that sells anything that I want. I would like to buy from them again.
I wish they would just ship by Royal Mail......
.

 

Should be fine, it's supposed to be DPP.

post #24244 of 36450
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLester View Post

well I am going to wreck the thread with another customs story.
I just got hit with customs on a purchase from LN-CC. I was surprised by that because I asked by email about it specifically before buying and they responded "As we now transact in US dollars and on a DDP basis the price on the website is the final price. You should not receive any extra charge from DHL or customs prior to your delivery." Their website says the same thing.
I emailed LN-CC a few days ago about the customs bill and haven't heard back. I am assuming this is an honest mistake on their part and maybe they haven't gotten back to me because of time difference + weekend + they haven't heard back from DHL.
I will let you know if they make this right, or if they don't. I am hoping they can get this sorted out because LN-CC is one of the few webstores that sells anything that I want. I would like to buy from them again.
I wish they would just ship by Royal Mail......
.

Keep us updated, I'm real interested in what they have to say. By the way, does anyone know if LN-CC takes off VAT?

post #24245 of 36450
Why set on buying from a store? So many ppl flip their bn apc's on b&s sufu or the bay you should be able to cop for around a bill no prob.

When does unionmade start the post xmas markdown on their outerwear/sweater stock? Do they have a legit sale or is it mostly itsybitsy markdown type stuff?
post #24246 of 36450
I think last year it was mid-January for Unionmade. They might have had markdowns before that, but I went back and looked and that was when I placed my order.
post #24247 of 36450
Definetly waiting for that Unionmade sale, been eyeing alot there lately.
post #24248 of 36450
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcomzzz View Post

Why set on buying from a store? So many ppl flip their bn apc's on b&s sufu or the bay you should be able to cop for around a bill no prob.
When does unionmade start the post xmas markdown on their outerwear/sweater stock? Do they have a legit sale or is it mostly itsybitsy markdown type stuff?


It is legit but it certainly does not include everything.
post #24249 of 36450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

Definetly waiting for that Unionmade sale, been eyeing alot there lately.

Want the double breast sns, but M/L already gone and my size might be gone by the time sale hit :{

post #24250 of 36450
Speaking of Dutil a couple pages back, do they usually do online boxing day sales, or is it just in store?
post #24251 of 36450
More drops on Yoox.
post #24252 of 36450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattman View Post

Speaking of Dutil a couple pages back, do they usually do online boxing day sales, or is it just in store?

Not sure if they'll do an online boxing day sale, but they have had a sale in-store every year.
post #24253 of 36450
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post

More drops on Yoox.

thx APK

add yooxgift for 10% additional off sale
post #24254 of 36450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

quick question... has anyone seen any Rimowa suitcases on sale anywhere? I want to get one for my Mom for Christmas. I remember last year Barney's had them really on sale but maybe it was just because it was later in the season as I can't really remember when I saw them. Any help would be appreciated. Thx nod[1].gif

I'm not sure about the garbage polycarbonate, but you can get the standard aluminum Rimowa for 40%(ish) off by ordering from a German vendor. Koffer-direkt charges a flat 50 euros for all orders to the US and they speak English.
post #24255 of 36450

Don't know if this has been posted but limited sizes left.

http://stores.eatontradingcompany.com/-strse-Men-cln-Denim/Categories.bok

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread