Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent sweaters Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:26am in Buying and Selling
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:15am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 12/18/15 at 7:46am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015Last edited: 12/26/15
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Styleforum Visits Mister FreedomLast edited: 12/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1598
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23957 of 4435012/4/12 at 1:24ampost #23958 of 4435012/4/12 at 2:04ampost #23959 of 4435012/4/12 at 4:20amPeople that are in Canada crying about brokerage should have inquired first about shipping I live in Canada and before I order ANYTHING I email them and ask what service they use and if they would mark it down. I even TBS, and which I have know always marks down items I always ask so there is no surprises. There is always a risk when your cross boarder shop.post #23960 of 4435012/4/12 at 5:06ampost #23961 of 4435012/4/12 at 6:17ampost #23962 of 4435012/4/12 at 6:25ampost #23963 of 4435012/4/12 at 6:39amQuote:
Yeah, found out my order got hit with $12.50, which I guess is alright. But I spent $80 at the Knottery and I didn't get any customs at all. May also have to do with the fact that the Knottery declared their items at $8 a piece and used USPS...
I think from now on, I'm going to try to stick to Mr. Porter and Roden Gray for my purchases. Mr. Porter actually improved because there are no duties now and I only have the 5% Alberta sales tax. Hell, $21 for shipping isn't even bad considering the item comes in 2 days and I don't get hit my duty.post #23964 of 4435012/4/12 at 6:49ampost #23965 of 4435012/4/12 at 6:50ampost #23966 of 4435012/4/12 at 6:56amQuote:
thanks those at filson thread while i was browsing.
did not get any on my own. looking only at otter green 256 but they only have 257and was tempted to get duffle and the jw hulme briefcase.post #23967 of 4435012/4/12 at 7:16ampost #23968 of 4435012/4/12 at 7:34ampost #23969 of 4435012/4/12 at 7:49am
I think the fact that some of us are less than an hour from the border of the US makes it hard to stomach. We understand that DHL has brokerage fees, it's just an unnecessary option to force on your customers. If I wanted an item fast, I'd like the option to opt-in to DHL or UPS, but not having a standard USPS option seems silly for low cost items. Paying a 50% tax on a $60 polo is insane.post #23970 of 4435012/4/12 at 8:42amQuote:
It's not about bitching. Like another member mentioned in a previous post, it's more about being aware and having a realistic expectation when ordering online. I used to order thinking solely about the "sale price" that is on the website but after a couple of custom fee hits and such, I factor in shipping costs, customs, etc. I think everyone will agree that it sucks when ordering a $100 sweater that's 25% off but then pay $35 after shipping and duties.
Yes, it's not strictly on-topic about sales but it definitely plays a big part into the sales people post as some members may pop in and see a site have 30% off and get trigger happy but then end up paying more. Seeing a couple of these posts may bring them back into reality and realize the extra costs. If I made a mistake that ended up costing me more money, hopefully the next guy can learn and not get screwed over. And hey, if people can also post ways to get around paying DHL's ridiculous fees or pay less, isn't that the whole point of posting in this thread to save some money and get the items that you want?
So sorry if the Canadians all gathered at the same time because we faced the same issues (probably more of the fact that it's morning here in West Coast and people want to F the dog for the first hour sitting in a cubicle) and expressed it.
You want sale stuff? Bam! J Crew doing 30% + free shipping on winter Bundle up event. http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/bundleup.jsp Makes those $100+ sweaters affordable without worrying about customs and shipping :)
- Official Sales Alert thread
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 seconds ago
- › NWT Bill's Khakis M2 Chamois Flat Front - Camel, 35 16 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 53 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Tailors near Cherry Hill or AC, NJ 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 3 minutes ago
- › Helmut Lang Heavy Moleskin Mac Coat, Size 48 (fits 48-50) 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1