Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- topicCoupon Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:15am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 7/12/12 at 1:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1524post #22846 of 4158611/22/12 at 8:51am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22847 of 4158611/22/12 at 8:53amQuote:
decent1.conforming to the recognized standard of propriety, good taste, modesty, etc., asin behavior or speech.2.respectable; worthy: a decent family.3.adequate; fair; passable: a decent wage.4.kind; obliging; generous: It was very decent of him to lend me his watch.5.suitable; appropriate: She did not have a decent coat for the cold winter.post #22848 of 4158611/22/12 at 9:05ampost #22849 of 4158611/22/12 at 9:11ampost #22850 of 4158611/22/12 at 9:15ampost #22851 of 4158611/22/12 at 9:20ampost #22852 of 4158611/22/12 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by amathew
conforming to the recognized standard of propriety, good taste, modesty, etc., asin behavior or speech.2.
respectable; worthy: a decent family.3.
adequate; fair; passable: a decent wage.4.
kind; obliging; generous: It was very decent of him to lend me his watch.5.
suitable; appropriate: She did not have a decent coat for the cold winter.
And yet you ignore the entirety of context which would indicate that definition 3 would be the most likely interpretation. I am not sure that Mauro is the ass here.post #22853 of 4158611/22/12 at 9:24ampost #22854 of 4158611/22/12 at 9:26ampost #22855 of 4158611/22/12 at 10:09amQuote:
Considering that something close to 90% of the clothing we see out in the wild is complete trash in terms of fit and quality, i'd interpret decent as the second interpretation. Yes. Allen Edmonds makes good shoes that are better than anything you will find at Clarks/Florsheim/other mainstream shoe brands. But compared to some shell cordovan Aldens? Vass? Lobb? etc., But the Allen Edmonds are still a great product, but in the grand scheme of the whole shoe hierarchy they are merely 'decent.' Similar with the BMW... A BMW 3 series is much better than most of the shit you see out in public but is actually right at the bottom of the BMW product line.
I guess what Mauro is trying to say is that his shirts are top notch and if WvG only classifies as 'decent' then whoever said it was decent has no idea what a good shirt is?
Anyway Mauro keep doing what you do. I don't know how appropriate the last couple posts were but in some ways it is admirable that you are willing to represent your brand with this no-frills no-bullshit attitude. WvG prices are still too steep for me even with the sale but I hope you have many shirts purchased over black friday or whatever.post #22856 of 4158611/22/12 at 10:11amI know it's been posted a few times, and I really, really, really hate people who self promote, but ... if anyone doesn't know, Jesse, Kiyoshi, and I are keeping a running tab on BF sales. So this page is continually updated as we learn about stuff throughout the day. Feel like the last two times the page was mentioned, it wasn't stated that it was continually updated ...
Also, Present London is apparently doing a leftover sale. Nov. 29-Dec. 1st. Up to 90% off retail prices. In-store purchases only though.post #22857 of 4158611/22/12 at 10:13ampost #22858 of 4158611/22/12 at 10:13am
Very clever to consult a dictionary but decent sounds more downgrading than you probably realize. If we would hold a survey among people and ask them what they think DECENT is, you would probably get another answer.
Shown them this $425 cashmere waffle and tell them how it's made... Ask again: ''Do you think this is decent?'' They'll probably ask you whats wrong with you and tell you that it looks and sounds more like TOP QUALITY!post #22859 of 4158611/22/12 at 10:15ampost #22860 of 4158611/22/12 at 10:33am
- Official Sales Alert thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › New Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece White Sea Island Cotton Shirt... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 14 minutes ago
- › GATS GERMAN ARMY TRAINERS NEW / ALL SIZES /WORDWIDE SHIPPING 14 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...