Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent sweaters Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:26am in Buying and Selling
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 2/18/16 at 1:36am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 12/18/15 at 7:46am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1524post #22846 of 4674111/22/12 at 8:51ampost #22847 of 4674111/22/12 at 8:53amQuote:
decent1.conforming to the recognized standard of propriety, good taste, modesty, etc., asin behavior or speech.2.respectable; worthy: a decent family.3.adequate; fair; passable: a decent wage.4.kind; obliging; generous: It was very decent of him to lend me his watch.5.suitable; appropriate: She did not have a decent coat for the cold winter.post #22848 of 4674111/22/12 at 9:05ampost #22849 of 4674111/22/12 at 9:11ampost #22850 of 4674111/22/12 at 9:15ampost #22851 of 4674111/22/12 at 9:20ampost #22852 of 4674111/22/12 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by amathew
conforming to the recognized standard of propriety, good taste, modesty, etc., asin behavior or speech.2.
respectable; worthy: a decent family.3.
adequate; fair; passable: a decent wage.4.
kind; obliging; generous: It was very decent of him to lend me his watch.5.
suitable; appropriate: She did not have a decent coat for the cold winter.
And yet you ignore the entirety of context which would indicate that definition 3 would be the most likely interpretation. I am not sure that Mauro is the ass here.post #22853 of 4674111/22/12 at 9:24ampost #22854 of 4674111/22/12 at 9:26ampost #22855 of 4674111/22/12 at 10:09amQuote:
Considering that something close to 90% of the clothing we see out in the wild is complete trash in terms of fit and quality, i'd interpret decent as the second interpretation. Yes. Allen Edmonds makes good shoes that are better than anything you will find at Clarks/Florsheim/other mainstream shoe brands. But compared to some shell cordovan Aldens? Vass? Lobb? etc., But the Allen Edmonds are still a great product, but in the grand scheme of the whole shoe hierarchy they are merely 'decent.' Similar with the BMW... A BMW 3 series is much better than most of the shit you see out in public but is actually right at the bottom of the BMW product line.
I guess what Mauro is trying to say is that his shirts are top notch and if WvG only classifies as 'decent' then whoever said it was decent has no idea what a good shirt is?
Anyway Mauro keep doing what you do. I don't know how appropriate the last couple posts were but in some ways it is admirable that you are willing to represent your brand with this no-frills no-bullshit attitude. WvG prices are still too steep for me even with the sale but I hope you have many shirts purchased over black friday or whatever.post #22856 of 4674111/22/12 at 10:11amI know it's been posted a few times, and I really, really, really hate people who self promote, but ... if anyone doesn't know, Jesse, Kiyoshi, and I are keeping a running tab on BF sales. So this page is continually updated as we learn about stuff throughout the day. Feel like the last two times the page was mentioned, it wasn't stated that it was continually updated ...
Also, Present London is apparently doing a leftover sale. Nov. 29-Dec. 1st. Up to 90% off retail prices. In-store purchases only though.post #22857 of 4674111/22/12 at 10:13ampost #22858 of 4674111/22/12 at 10:13am
Very clever to consult a dictionary but decent sounds more downgrading than you probably realize. If we would hold a survey among people and ask them what they think DECENT is, you would probably get another answer.
Shown them this $425 cashmere waffle and tell them how it's made... Ask again: ''Do you think this is decent?'' They'll probably ask you whats wrong with you and tell you that it looks and sounds more like TOP QUALITY!post #22859 of 4674111/22/12 at 10:15ampost #22860 of 4674111/22/12 at 10:33am
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › $200 budget for a leather briefcase 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 20 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 24 minutes ago
- › NWT Filson Padded Computer Bag - Black 27 minutes ago
- › NWT Filson Padded Computer Bag - Black 29 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding