Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent sweaters Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:26am in Buying and Selling
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 2/18/16 at 1:36am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 12/18/15 at 7:46am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1521post #22801 of 4748611/22/12 at 12:46ampost #22802 of 4748611/22/12 at 1:06ampost #22803 of 4748611/22/12 at 1:07ampost #22804 of 4748611/22/12 at 1:21ampost #22805 of 4748611/22/12 at 1:31ampost #22806 of 4748611/22/12 at 2:00ampost #22807 of 4748611/22/12 at 2:31am
Then do yourself a favor and don't buy anything. Or narrow it down by a few factors: What is returnable? What do I know I'm going to wear immediately and often as opposed to something that just looks good on the internet? What is unlikely to be available elsewhere later in a similar item? Etc.post #22808 of 4748611/22/12 at 2:56amQuote:
The merino sweaters are nice, decent quality, and insanely soft. A good purchase at 60% off, but NOT at retail prices.
Shirts are also decent quality, but patterns are pretty predictable.
Overall, WvG is a decent brand. They made decent stuff but don't have anything great like Wings+Horns or Epaulet.
The one thing I would say is that WvG chino fit isn't that great. Epaulet rivets > WvG chinos
Let me clarify some things, I have purchased many things from WvG and have been happy with everything I've received.
When I say I would NOT pay full retail for them, I would NEVER pay $180+ for any shirt, regardless of the brand. That wasn't meant to be a jab at wvg. I'm cheap and will continue to buy clothes ONLY at discounted prices.
When I say WvG is a decent brand, I meant that as a compliment. I don't know what a "great" piece of clothing looks or feels like as I'm still new to fashion, so given my understanding and experience, WvG is a decent brand. Poorly worded, sure.
Edited by amathew - 11/22/12 at 6:33ampost #22809 of 4748611/22/12 at 3:52ampost #22810 of 4748611/22/12 at 4:08ampost #22811 of 4748611/22/12 at 5:35ampost #22812 of 4748611/22/12 at 5:56ampost #22813 of 4748611/22/12 at 5:57ampost #22814 of 4748611/22/12 at 6:04amDamn sons. I had no idea this was the bash WvG And Mauro thread!! Let me get in on this this. The mother fucker is a dick!
He is having a 50% off sale for the general public and 60% off tote holders. I need to make sure that next season I use extra long extra fine pussy angel pussy hair for my sweaters so I can keep them up to standard on the forum.
APK or zissou is right. After being on the forum for so long the discounts have hurt me bad and my customers have come to except them. However my quality is not descent . It's fucking great. I would gladly meet up with anyone and go over the in and outs of garment construction.
Amathew - my sweaters are whole garment construction from Shima seiki machine. The best looms in the world. The yarn is made with the best wool and washed in very very talented people over at shima. You wouldn't know quality if it but you in the ass. You're a sheepole and it shows. Back stabbing little , prick.
I love how everyone bashes my customer service and advice. I don't want you buying my stuff on final if it doesn't fit. That's good advice. I want you to be happy.
Instead of final sale tough shit asshole. I would think people would want honest advice, I guess not.
I also feel there are to many Internet keyboard warriors that think because they write well and think they know something about fashion that they are the end all of be all on fashion advice and garment quality.Then the sheepole follow you around like a god when in fact you don't no fuck all about fashion or garment construction.
I know what factory's Epaulet uses. I know what factory BoO uses , Unis, Todd Snyder, Panta, and many many other of the affiliates that you enjoy.
I know the capabilities of each factory. The same factory's make a lot of the products for me and the mentioned above. So if my quality is just descent or sucks guess what so does their's . It's made the same exact way .
As for me being a complete dick. I guess it depends on if you know me or not or if you have a preconceived notion of who I am because of what other sheepole have said about me . Maybe my Internet humor isn't made for the fragile consumers of the Internet who thinks the customer is always right. I don't think that way.
I think both can be right and when I need to say something I do. I don't want to just take someone's money. If you don't want to shop with me, don't. It's no big deal. Go find someone else to suck your little dick. I am not that type of retailer.
If you have a problem talk to me. Don't go ask " what should I do to a forum that 9/10 don't really know the answer to. Be a man and come talk to me, directly.
You may reach me via PM, PHONE, or email. If you want I will meet you face to face.
I am a straight shooter. What you see is what you get. I can't make everyone happy , no one can.
However just because you don't like my Internet persona doesn't give you the right to bash me or my business. Be the better man and just don't say anything.
You guys love that pack mentality. It's not cool. It's cowardice.
For all the tote holders who bitch about the tote not being worth it, you are not right in the head. You have so many venues and perks. I do MTM so if my RTW collection bores you I will make something just for you. What other designer does that? If you are disinterested in the collection you have always been free to drop me a line and say " Hey, Mauro I'm not feeling the collection is it possible to add "x" I am really missing this in my life. " oh and by the way I think you're a cunt" but keep up the good work.".
I understand you want to follow a story and believe in something but if its not legit I won't endorse it. It's like that book about the cook who tells what really goes on in the kitchen . I am that guy.
Now because this is SF you can say whatever you like but I would appreciate you to stop bashing me and my brand. If you have never bought something from me you have no right to say shit. If you have bought something from me and are happy , thank you. If you aren't happy talk to me and I will resolve any issue you might have. I always do.
PS- the Black Friday code for the general public stars tomorrow the code is "blackfriday"post #22815 of 4748611/22/12 at 6:20am
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 1 minute ago
- › WTB: Green Loafers 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 12 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 15 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 18 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 18 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 22 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding