Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent sweaters Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:26am in Buying and Selling
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:15am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 12/18/15 at 7:46am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015Last edited: 12/26/15
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Styleforum Visits Mister FreedomLast edited: 12/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1498
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22457 of 4438811/16/12 at 9:33ampost #22458 of 4438811/16/12 at 9:40ampost #22459 of 4438811/16/12 at 9:40ampost #22460 of 4438811/16/12 at 9:59ampost #22461 of 4438811/16/12 at 10:19ampost #22462 of 4438811/16/12 at 10:21ampost #22463 of 4438811/16/12 at 10:35ampost #22464 of 4438811/16/12 at 10:35ampost #22465 of 4438811/16/12 at 10:37amYeah I got one of the blue/green plaid shirts a few sales back, all stoked that I managed to snag one, and when I tried it on it was like a babies shirt! Couldn't even get through the arm holes!post #22466 of 4438811/16/12 at 10:44amQuote:
Ah shit, I bought an xs a couple months ago and it was tiny, so I just bought a different shirt this time around in small, probably is gonna be too big...post #22467 of 4438811/16/12 at 10:50ampost #22468 of 4438811/16/12 at 11:33amwhile I know that they have shipped sisters shirts, saying "but the shirts that are made in interesting fabrics or plaided are usually Gitman Sisters." is incorrect. I would only be concerned if you bought the dark green/blue plaid. That is one of the common shirts they made for both men and women, and i think some sisters slipped into the guys shirts by accident. just dont want people to be scared they're getting a sisters in the mail from myhabit when odds are you wont.
unrelated to that, but i feel that gitman smalls the past couple seasons have been measuring smaller than they have in the past. in the chest, length, arm length, etc. I can no longer wear most of their smalls (in things outside of the oxford. tho, even the oxfords are inconsistently sized). Now kind of stuck in between a S and M, with a small being just slightly too small (pulling at the chest, too short in the body, and too short in the arms -- and I am not tall, and have kind of short arms to begin with). And a medium fitting too big. Hope they're tending to the "problem" (if they perceive it as a problem
for anyone in the same boat as me..... the portugese flannels this season fit pretty relaxed in a good way, and also the hopsack plaids. Everything else new i've tried has fit shrunkenpost #22469 of 4438811/16/12 at 11:37amThis discussion should probably go in the GV thread, but I agree with slack tide on this one. Not all of the plaids are sisters (hit and miss). And I've stopped buying GV smalls due to them shrinking over time. My oldest GV shirts are noticeably roomier than current cuts of the same size.
- Official Sales Alert thread
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Currently, there are 973 Active Users (124 Members and 849 Guests)
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 11 minutes ago
- › Shortening a trench coat 21 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 23 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 24 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 25 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 28 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 36 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 38 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 45 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?