or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1457

post #21841 of 36416
Billy Reid family & friends sale, 25 % off', use code family25.
post #21842 of 36416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis View Post

Invite code for the breakroom...
The lownsdale boots are my go-to fall boots. Love how light they are. They aren't great in the ice though, the sole doesn't have enough traction. Anyone have experience with the other vibram soles in the wintertime? I love the look of the christy sole, just not sure how it would do in the snow/ice of the northeast.

christy sole is no improvement on snow/ice unfortunately...
post #21843 of 36416
Quote:
Originally Posted by uninkco View Post

christy sole is no improvement on snow/ice unfortunately...

agreed, christy's are downright lethal on ice, esp once they have some wear on them.
The only one of those that looks decent for winter is the Mountain Trail Holladay with the lug sole.
The rest are really just built for comfort/fashion.
post #21844 of 36416

Read a few pgs back that someone in the US has been hit with duties by End. Really tempted to use that code, but i don't want to pay duties. Anyone else have a problem with this?

post #21845 of 36416

It's not really a substantial discount for anything less than $200. The discount pretty much becomes null after shipping at that point. And anything more expensive and you're possibly looking at duties and fees, as was previously mentioned.

 

At any rate, I once bought a wallet on discount for $115, or $130 after shipping. Didn't get with by duties or fees. So it could be any factor...weight, order total, type of item ordered. I really have no clue.

post #21846 of 36416
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmarcnotmark View Post

Read a few pgs back that someone in the US has been hit with duties by End. Really tempted to use that code, but i don't want to pay duties. Anyone else have a problem with this?

Yeah I have heard horror stories about Ends custom declarations. They declare the full value, even if you buy at a discount. They will also include shipping fees even if you get free shipping. 

post #21847 of 36416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewjs View Post

Yeah I have heard horror stories about Ends custom declarations. They declare the full value, even if you buy at a discount. They will also include shipping fees even if you get free shipping
See, I read that as "fuck you customer, really just fuck you."
Edited by jay3429 - 10/11/12 at 9:03pm
post #21848 of 36416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3429 View Post


See, I read that as "fuck you customer, really just fuck you."

 

Paying customs sucks, but no way I would read it that way.  At the end of the day, no pun intended, they are a business and take a risk by lying on a customs form.  How much risk I don't know because I don't know how much it's enforced, but I wouldn't say they're saying "fuck you customer" because they're following the law.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG0123 View Post

It's not really a substantial discount for anything less than $200. The discount pretty much becomes null after shipping at that point. And anything more expensive and you're possibly looking at duties and fees, as was previously mentioned.

 

At any rate, I once bought a wallet on discount for $115, or $130 after shipping. Didn't get with by duties or fees. So it could be any factor...weight, order total, type of item ordered. I really have no clue.

 

Well 15% is 15%.  Agreed on it being cancelled out by shipping costs, but you could also just say it covers shipping.  Also, you get VAT subtracted and when you combine the two you likely more often than not save.  Of course the more you spend the more worthwhile it is.  At the end of the day though you just have to do some competitive shopping. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmarcnotmark View Post

Read a few pgs back that someone in the US has been hit with duties by End. Really tempted to use that code, but i don't want to pay duties. Anyone else have a problem with this?

 

I got hit with them with my only ever End order last month.  $30 on about a $325 purchase.  While I'm not thrilled, I got sale items at 20% off the sale price with a code and 20% off for VAT being excluded.  I saved at $60 per pair of shoes by ordering them from End as opposed to getting from another store I won't name, and that was after customs and ordering them from England as opposed to ordering them here in the States.

post #21849 of 36416
How would they be lying if they put the declared value as the value you actually paid? And throwing in shipping fees when you didn't pay for shipping? Nobody would complain if that was the case.
post #21850 of 36416
It's lying when they say the value of something is $350 when I paid $200 for it.
post #21851 of 36416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post

It's lying when they say the value of something is $350 when I paid $200 for it.
this.
post #21852 of 36416

My mistake on the customs portion of my post.  I didn't read the post jay made clearly. 

post #21853 of 36416
any sales? fuuuuckck
post #21854 of 36416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

any sales? fuuuuckck

Topman sale for cheap crap just started.
post #21855 of 36416
From what I read, I'll probably just not order from End, so I can just avoid any fees that may come along with my order. Thanks for the input guys!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread