Anyone know if Oki-ni subtracts VAT? I get to checkout and despite my address reflecting the US, no VAT discount.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- topicCoupon Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:15am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 7/12/12 at 1:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1406
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21077 of 403458/10/12 at 4:53pmpost #21078 of 403458/10/12 at 4:57pmpost #21079 of 403458/10/12 at 4:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
Prices went UP 50% on a couple of SS12 clearance items I was watching at LN-CC. Last checked a few days ago and they were cheaper (same reduced price they'd been for ages). Anyone know what that's all about? It seemed pretty clear the prices were reduced for the end of the season so it's not as if a sale "ended."
Well all their sale emails said stuff like "SS12 70% one more week!" so I guess in between sale seasons their sale items go back up in price and then drop again once FW markdowns start.post #21080 of 403458/10/12 at 6:38pmQuote:FedEx has high fees because the courier drives around the world before they come to you with your pack. I bought something from tbs, which is Sweden and next to Norway, but FedEx drove around Europe and then delivered to me. I had to pay high fees, because of the long travel.
Btw, tbs did mark down the value, but not below the custom and vat limitpost #21081 of 403458/10/12 at 7:43pmpost #21082 of 403458/10/12 at 7:50pmpost #21083 of 403458/10/12 at 8:33pmpost #21084 of 403458/10/12 at 8:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dingusberry
FedEx has high fees because the courier drives around the world before they come to you with your pack. I bought something from tbs, which is Sweden and next to Norway, but FedEx drove around Europe and then delivered to me. I had to pay high fees, because of the long travel.
Huh? So you got charged say $50 and then on delivery they said "hey you know what, I actually went to Paris that will be $100"?post #21085 of 403458/10/12 at 9:04pmpost #21086 of 403458/10/12 at 11:08pmpost #21087 of 403458/10/12 at 11:20pmpost #21088 of 403458/11/12 at 2:00ampost #21089 of 403458/11/12 at 7:37amQuote:
They didn't say anything about it, but I knew they were going to charge me extra, because I checked the tracking number and they travelled around Europe. They are also going to charge you for transportation costs, and the transportation costs wouldn't be there if they just crossed the border. TBS marked the pack to €38,5, while I had to pay €30 for VAT, customs and transportation costs. The transportation costs was €20, while the rest was VAT and customs.post #21090 of 403458/11/12 at 11:10amQuote:Originally Posted by Dingusberry
They didn't say anything about it, but I knew they were going to charge me extra, because I checked the tracking number and they travelled around Europe. They are also going to charge you for transportation costs, and the transportation costs wouldn't be there if they just crossed the border. TBS marked the pack to €38,5, while I had to pay €30 for VAT, customs and transportation costs. The transportation costs was €20, while the rest was VAT and customs.
You're saying you got an invoice from a delivery company that had a line item that said "Transportation Costs?"
Also, I don't think you realize how delivery company works; surely you don't think they pick stuff up at once place and drive straight to the delivery address? Companies have hubs where everything goes first and then ship back out. I've seen packages from one Caribbean country go to Miami and then back down to the other Caribbean country, for example.
- Official Sales Alert thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 18 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 20 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 21 minutes ago
- › Quoddy Brown Oxfords Sz 11 22 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 23 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 27 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan