Anyone know if Oki-ni subtracts VAT? I get to checkout and despite my address reflecting the US, no VAT discount.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent sweaters Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:26am in Buying and Selling
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:15am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 12/18/15 at 7:46am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015Last edited: 12/26/15
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Styleforum Visits Mister FreedomLast edited: 12/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1406
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21077 of 443528/10/12 at 4:53pmpost #21078 of 443528/10/12 at 4:57pmpost #21079 of 443528/10/12 at 4:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
Prices went UP 50% on a couple of SS12 clearance items I was watching at LN-CC. Last checked a few days ago and they were cheaper (same reduced price they'd been for ages). Anyone know what that's all about? It seemed pretty clear the prices were reduced for the end of the season so it's not as if a sale "ended."
Well all their sale emails said stuff like "SS12 70% one more week!" so I guess in between sale seasons their sale items go back up in price and then drop again once FW markdowns start.post #21080 of 443528/10/12 at 6:38pmQuote:FedEx has high fees because the courier drives around the world before they come to you with your pack. I bought something from tbs, which is Sweden and next to Norway, but FedEx drove around Europe and then delivered to me. I had to pay high fees, because of the long travel.
Btw, tbs did mark down the value, but not below the custom and vat limitpost #21081 of 443528/10/12 at 7:43pmpost #21082 of 443528/10/12 at 7:50pmpost #21083 of 443528/10/12 at 8:33pmpost #21084 of 443528/10/12 at 8:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dingusberry
FedEx has high fees because the courier drives around the world before they come to you with your pack. I bought something from tbs, which is Sweden and next to Norway, but FedEx drove around Europe and then delivered to me. I had to pay high fees, because of the long travel.
Huh? So you got charged say $50 and then on delivery they said "hey you know what, I actually went to Paris that will be $100"?post #21085 of 443528/10/12 at 9:04pmpost #21086 of 443528/10/12 at 11:08pmpost #21087 of 443528/10/12 at 11:20pmpost #21088 of 443528/11/12 at 2:00ampost #21089 of 443528/11/12 at 7:37amQuote:
They didn't say anything about it, but I knew they were going to charge me extra, because I checked the tracking number and they travelled around Europe. They are also going to charge you for transportation costs, and the transportation costs wouldn't be there if they just crossed the border. TBS marked the pack to €38,5, while I had to pay €30 for VAT, customs and transportation costs. The transportation costs was €20, while the rest was VAT and customs.post #21090 of 443528/11/12 at 11:10amQuote:Originally Posted by Dingusberry
They didn't say anything about it, but I knew they were going to charge me extra, because I checked the tracking number and they travelled around Europe. They are also going to charge you for transportation costs, and the transportation costs wouldn't be there if they just crossed the border. TBS marked the pack to €38,5, while I had to pay €30 for VAT, customs and transportation costs. The transportation costs was €20, while the rest was VAT and customs.
You're saying you got an invoice from a delivery company that had a line item that said "Transportation Costs?"
Also, I don't think you realize how delivery company works; surely you don't think they pick stuff up at once place and drive straight to the delivery address? Companies have hubs where everything goes first and then ship back out. I've seen packages from one Caribbean country go to Miami and then back down to the other Caribbean country, for example.
- Official Sales Alert thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 15 seconds ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › NEW ALDEN color 8 Wingtip boots, crepe sole, 9.5D Barrie/US 10D 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...