Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- topicCoupon Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:15am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 7/12/12 at 1:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1379post #20671 of 416137/21/12 at 8:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20672 of 416137/21/12 at 10:23ampost #20673 of 416137/21/12 at 12:56pmpost #20674 of 416137/21/12 at 5:20pmQuote:
The experience of buying and receiving something, in my opinion, is almost as important as the product itself. I find the internet's singular focus on products and prices somewhat disappointing. Though Mr. Porter's packaging doesn't add a great deal, I like it better than the standard of wrapping my item in a cheap plastic bag, dumping it in a cheap cardboard box, and slapping a UPS label on it.
Not that online experiences can't be as good as B&M, but with regards to the discussion in another thread comparing the two, I find B&Ms often hold the advantage in that they provide an experience, not just products at cheap prices. At least a large online operation such as Mr. Porter is providing relatively good online editorial content, reasonably decent (albeit somewhat impersonal) customer service, and nice personalized packaging. It makes the experience of purchasing and receiving an item considerably more pleasurable than, say, the price-focused discount house Yoox.
Edited by dieworkwear - 7/21/12 at 5:31pmpost #20675 of 416137/21/12 at 5:24pmQuote:
If Porter charges an incredible premium over other shops, I'd understand, but all else being equal, why wouldn't you want better packaging?post #20676 of 416137/21/12 at 5:28pmQuote:Because its wasteful for the sake of it. I like it too but dislike the idea of wasting w/o reason.
Anyway Asos extra 10% : sale10post #20677 of 416137/21/12 at 5:33pmpost #20678 of 416137/21/12 at 6:23pmQuote:
yes... total f'g waste... who gives a shit about the packaging? They're not delivering me a handjob... it's a pair of shoes.post #20679 of 416137/21/12 at 6:30pmQuote:
I don't care about packaging too, but bitching about things getting TOO WELL packaged seem like you guys are over privileged pricks to me.post #20680 of 416137/21/12 at 6:35pmI like MrPorters packaging, I prefer it to be packaged that way than just half-assing it. I've ordered shoes plenty of times from Eastbay where they literally just put the shoebox inside a shipping plastic bag and sent it out. Once the package got to me the box is beat to death and one time. One time the plastic ripped and water got inside when they delivered it during the rain and the shoebox was soaked.post #20681 of 416137/21/12 at 6:43pmpost #20682 of 416137/21/12 at 6:46pmpost #20683 of 416137/21/12 at 8:00pmpost #20684 of 416137/21/12 at 8:01pmpost #20685 of 416137/21/12 at 8:04pm
ya.. I'm sure that's exactly what they intended they be used for.
- Official Sales Alert thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 36 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › 38S/R RLPL St. Andrews Navy 3-Button Suit 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › RLPL St. Andrews 3-Button Navy Suit -- 38 S/R 8 minutes ago
- › Style help 9 minutes ago
- › JOHN LOBB BLACK TWO-EYELET DERBY UK 8E 24 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 26 minutes ago
- › SW&D Sneakers and Trainers Challenge: 1 August – 9 August 2015 27 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...