Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent sweaters Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:26am in Buying and Selling
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 2/18/16 at 1:36am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 12/18/15 at 7:46am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1309post #19621 of 482206/17/12 at 2:59pmpost #19622 of 482206/17/12 at 3:09pmFedex flags anything over $250 for customs. Anything under $250 will be hit or miss, depending on who exactly is working customs and handling your package, and how the shop you purchased from declared/documented the package. Gifts are totally different from commercially purchased goods. This is why many shops decline to mark packages as gifts, cause it could very well lead to a fine.
There's a big ass PDF on the CBP website detailing the tariff rates of everything also.post #19623 of 482206/17/12 at 3:28pmpost #19624 of 482206/17/12 at 4:08pmpost #19625 of 482206/17/12 at 5:08pmpost #19626 of 482206/17/12 at 5:37pmQuote:
Big ass tariff rate schedule broken down by chapter Harmontized Tariff Schedule.
There are different service levels of Fedex shipping. Some of them include them include customs brokerage.
I've not been hit with tariffs for items sent via that service.
For other levels of service, even if you don't get assessed you may have to pay the brokerage fee of about $25-30.
Fedex and DHL will send you a bill after delivery. UPS will hold your package hostage until you pay up. So will USPS but chances of getting charged anything are low.
I can't imagine a logical reason why being a resident of California would make any difference in federal taxes.
Theoretically, you will probably also owe state use tax. Most states have a use tax rate coincidentally equal to the state sales tax rate.
Of course I doubt if anyone has ever paid this tax except for one coworker of mine who didn't realize he was talking to a state tax collector at a party.post #19627 of 482206/17/12 at 6:10pmpost #19628 of 482206/17/12 at 7:12pmpost #19629 of 482206/17/12 at 7:34pmQuote:
I'd also like to learn about seasonal sales at Unionmade. Most other online retailers are already on sale, so I'm hoping they do soon.post #19630 of 482206/17/12 at 8:04pmJust a reminder that we've got a bunch of seasonal markdowns up at http://shopsydneys.com/sale.html
Sizes are limited on a lot of the more popular pieces...but the website's inventory is connected to the in-store point of sale software, so availability is accurate and updates in real time.post #19631 of 482206/17/12 at 9:00pmpost #19632 of 482206/17/12 at 9:40pmpost #19633 of 482206/17/12 at 9:53pmpost #19634 of 482206/17/12 at 9:54pmpost #19635 of 482206/17/12 at 10:14pmQuote:
I might be wrong but I think you can still get hit with customs because customs depends on where the item was manufactured in, not whether the shipping was free or not.
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How about Cole Haan Made in Maine shoes 10 seconds ago
- › Is Casual Men's Neckwear Dead? 14 seconds ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 17 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Blacksmith boots 9.5D US - Billy Beige 17 minutes ago
- › Canada goose Windermere parka anyone have? 20 minutes ago
- › MA-1 Jackets Thread 23 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 23 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...