Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- topicCoupon Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:15am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 7/12/12 at 1:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1309post #19621 of 419056/17/12 at 2:59pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19622 of 419056/17/12 at 3:09pmFedex flags anything over $250 for customs. Anything under $250 will be hit or miss, depending on who exactly is working customs and handling your package, and how the shop you purchased from declared/documented the package. Gifts are totally different from commercially purchased goods. This is why many shops decline to mark packages as gifts, cause it could very well lead to a fine.
There's a big ass PDF on the CBP website detailing the tariff rates of everything also.post #19623 of 419056/17/12 at 3:28pmpost #19624 of 419056/17/12 at 4:08pmpost #19625 of 419056/17/12 at 5:08pmpost #19626 of 419056/17/12 at 5:37pmQuote:
Big ass tariff rate schedule broken down by chapter Harmontized Tariff Schedule.
There are different service levels of Fedex shipping. Some of them include them include customs brokerage.
I've not been hit with tariffs for items sent via that service.
For other levels of service, even if you don't get assessed you may have to pay the brokerage fee of about $25-30.
Fedex and DHL will send you a bill after delivery. UPS will hold your package hostage until you pay up. So will USPS but chances of getting charged anything are low.
I can't imagine a logical reason why being a resident of California would make any difference in federal taxes.
Theoretically, you will probably also owe state use tax. Most states have a use tax rate coincidentally equal to the state sales tax rate.
Of course I doubt if anyone has ever paid this tax except for one coworker of mine who didn't realize he was talking to a state tax collector at a party.post #19627 of 419056/17/12 at 6:10pmpost #19628 of 419056/17/12 at 7:12pmpost #19629 of 419056/17/12 at 7:34pmQuote:
I'd also like to learn about seasonal sales at Unionmade. Most other online retailers are already on sale, so I'm hoping they do soon.post #19630 of 419056/17/12 at 8:04pmJust a reminder that we've got a bunch of seasonal markdowns up at http://shopsydneys.com/sale.html
Sizes are limited on a lot of the more popular pieces...but the website's inventory is connected to the in-store point of sale software, so availability is accurate and updates in real time.post #19631 of 419056/17/12 at 9:00pmpost #19632 of 419056/17/12 at 9:40pmpost #19633 of 419056/17/12 at 9:53pmpost #19634 of 419056/17/12 at 9:54pmpost #19635 of 419056/17/12 at 10:14pmQuote:
I might be wrong but I think you can still get hit with customs because customs depends on where the item was manufactured in, not whether the shipping was free or not.
- Official Sales Alert thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 seconds ago
- › spanish shoe brands 58 seconds ago
- › Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 28 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 29 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 42 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 43 minutes ago
- › Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line 46 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015