Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent sweaters Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:26am in Buying and Selling
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 2/18/16 at 1:36am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 12/18/15 at 7:46am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1309post #19621 of 467546/17/12 at 2:59pmpost #19622 of 467546/17/12 at 3:09pmFedex flags anything over $250 for customs. Anything under $250 will be hit or miss, depending on who exactly is working customs and handling your package, and how the shop you purchased from declared/documented the package. Gifts are totally different from commercially purchased goods. This is why many shops decline to mark packages as gifts, cause it could very well lead to a fine.
There's a big ass PDF on the CBP website detailing the tariff rates of everything also.post #19623 of 467546/17/12 at 3:28pmpost #19624 of 467546/17/12 at 4:08pmpost #19625 of 467546/17/12 at 5:08pmpost #19626 of 467546/17/12 at 5:37pmQuote:
Big ass tariff rate schedule broken down by chapter Harmontized Tariff Schedule.
There are different service levels of Fedex shipping. Some of them include them include customs brokerage.
I've not been hit with tariffs for items sent via that service.
For other levels of service, even if you don't get assessed you may have to pay the brokerage fee of about $25-30.
Fedex and DHL will send you a bill after delivery. UPS will hold your package hostage until you pay up. So will USPS but chances of getting charged anything are low.
I can't imagine a logical reason why being a resident of California would make any difference in federal taxes.
Theoretically, you will probably also owe state use tax. Most states have a use tax rate coincidentally equal to the state sales tax rate.
Of course I doubt if anyone has ever paid this tax except for one coworker of mine who didn't realize he was talking to a state tax collector at a party.post #19627 of 467546/17/12 at 6:10pmpost #19628 of 467546/17/12 at 7:12pmpost #19629 of 467546/17/12 at 7:34pmQuote:
I'd also like to learn about seasonal sales at Unionmade. Most other online retailers are already on sale, so I'm hoping they do soon.post #19630 of 467546/17/12 at 8:04pmJust a reminder that we've got a bunch of seasonal markdowns up at http://shopsydneys.com/sale.html
Sizes are limited on a lot of the more popular pieces...but the website's inventory is connected to the in-store point of sale software, so availability is accurate and updates in real time.post #19631 of 467546/17/12 at 9:00pmpost #19632 of 467546/17/12 at 9:40pmpost #19633 of 467546/17/12 at 9:53pmpost #19634 of 467546/17/12 at 9:54pmpost #19635 of 467546/17/12 at 10:14pmQuote:
I might be wrong but I think you can still get hit with customs because customs depends on where the item was manufactured in, not whether the shipping was free or not.
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 55 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 24 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 27 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 31 minutes ago
- › BNIB Crockett & Jones MTO Ledbury Walnut size 6UK / 40EU last 341E 33 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding