or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1283

post #19231 of 35611
The corner took down all their Achilles?
post #19232 of 35611
I can't imagine being a retailer, to come online and find that people are complaining the reductions are only 5% or 10%. It's still less than the full amount. If it's not worth it to you don't buy it, but don't complain about it.

The small discount is a tad funny, but most likely they did it only to get the item some "face time" from the people that are browsing the sale items.
post #19233 of 35611
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

I can't imagine being a retailer, to come online and find that people are complaining the reductions are less than 70% off

ftfy
post #19234 of 35611
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

I can't imagine being a retailer, to come online and find that people are complaining the reductions are only 5% or 10%. It's still less than the full amount. If it's not worth it to you don't buy it, but don't complain about it.
The small discount is a tad funny, but most likely they did it only to get the item some "face time" from the people that are browsing the sale items.

 

Why can't you imagine this? People complain about things all the time. Here's one example, head on over to flyertalk.com and read the frequent flyer program threads.

 

Anyway, retailers are not getting their feelings hurt by people wanting discounts. They will sell their products at prices that the market demands. Consumer can ask for lower prices and retailers can say no.  

 

Finally, since we're in a SALE THREAD, I see nothing wrong with people bitching/calling out retailers that advertise "up to 40% off" to drive traffic to their site, only to discount things 5% - 10%. (it would be better if people only posted sales, but that's not going to happen). People deserve to get flamed if they are bitching about the price of goods/lack of discount in a thread called: OFFICIAL FULL RETAIL THREAD  - NEW SEASON MERCHANDISE ONLY

 

[/rant]


Edited by StockwellDay - 6/7/12 at 1:10pm
post #19235 of 35611
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

I can't imagine being a retailer, to come online and find that people are complaining the reductions are only 5% or 10%. It's still less than the full amount. If it's not worth it to you don't buy it, but don't complain about it.
The small discount is a tad funny, but most likely they did it only to get the item some "face time" from the people that are browsing the sale items.

I will not earn profit from buying stuff, when the reductions are only 5 or 10 %, because the VAT and the customs fees will double the final price. The VAT + customs fees + shipping usually double the price, and stuff cost actually more expensive if I buy them online than in-store in my country. 

post #19236 of 35611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

I will not earn profit from buying stuff, when the reductions are only 5 or 10 %, because the VAT and the customs fees will double the final price. The VAT + customs fees + shipping usually double the price, and stuff cost actually more expensive if I buy them online than in-store in my country. 

 

So don't buy it? I don't buy shit from Europe.

post #19237 of 35611
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjba View Post

if/when the international Mr. Porter sale starts, will they have a different stock allocation to the US one. i.e. if something is sold out on the US site, does that mean it would be sold out on the international site? and in the subsequent sale?

From my experience. The sites are different. There have been times stuff I thought items were in stock, but actually werent because I would be in the international site. 


Edited by thenewjs - 6/7/12 at 1:25pm
post #19238 of 35611
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockwellDay View Post

Anyway, retailers are not getting their feelings hurt by people wanting discounts. They will sell their products at prices that the market demands. Consumer can ask for lower prices and retailers are can say no.

I would add that seasonal sales are part of the business model for retailers and are modelled into the business plan and into the full-price margins. The full-price / sale cycle is perfectly normal and part of the life and promotional strategy of the retailer.
post #19239 of 35611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

I will not earn profit from buying stuff, when the reductions are only 5 or 10 %, because the VAT and the customs fees will double the final price. The VAT + customs fees + shipping usually double the price, and stuff cost actually more expensive if I buy them online than in-store in my country. 

Wasn't referring to you, not to worry. I used to live in the third world, between shipping domestically, shipping internationally, local duties, local taxies, local pilfering, it was next to impossible.
post #19240 of 35611
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

 

So don't buy it? I don't buy shit from Europe.

Yeah, that was the point. I won't buy stuff with low a sale reduction. It also applies to European sites. 

post #19241 of 35611

If you don't like it, then don't buy. 

 

It's a waiting game anyways, they have to clear out their SS/AW XX stock and purchase/sell the next round of SS/AW XX stock and the best way to do that is....sales/markdowns.

post #19242 of 35611
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockwellDay View Post

 

Why can't you imagine this? People complain about things all the time. Here's one example, head on over to flyertalk.com and read the frequent flyer program threads.

 

Anyway, retailers are not getting their feelings hurt by people wanting discounts. They will sell their products at prices that the market demands. Consumer can ask for lower prices and retailers can say no.  

This comment made me laugh and like three other people I work with.

 

You do understand that retailers place stuff on sale to get rid of it, right?

 

This is primarily due, at least in part, to the seasonal nature of clothing.  For example, most designers do a SUMMER and a WINTER collection.  As such, when buyers over shoot or a given store did not sell their normal inventory during each respective year and PRIOR to the new season's merchandise coming in, they say, gee, it sure would be nice to have a little extra room from the new stuff.  A BIG shinny light comes on and they say, hey, maybe we should have a sale to encourage people to buy are remaining inventory that way we can get rid of it.

 

The market is not demanding they put stuff on sale!!!  I think Mike is still laughing at you.

post #19243 of 35611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

Yeah, that was the point. I won't buy stuff with low a sale reduction. It also applies to European sites. 


Yes, please only buy what you can afford. 

post #19244 of 35611
God lord....can everyone please shut up. This is a sales thread...It's annoying, I feel you, but drawing attention to it makes it go on for 20 posts instead of the one we should all collectively ignore.
Edited by wurlwyde - 6/7/12 at 2:08pm
post #19245 of 35611
Puma has a 1 day final sale (no returns) today. These Rudolf Dassler Ansbach sneakers seem like a good deal (msrp $120):

Sale Link: http://www.shop.puma.com%2Fspecial%2Fprivate-sale%2F99900-Private-Sale%2Cen_US%2Csc.html
Direct Link: http://www.shop.puma.com/Rudolf-Dassler-Ansbach/pna352934,en_US,pd.html&cgid=99900-Private-Sale#!i%3D70%26color%3D01%26sz%3D120

puma-sport-fashion-rudolf-dassler-ansbach-00.jpg

puma-sport-fashion-rudolf-dassler-ansbach-13-570x379.jpg

puma-sport-fashion-rudolf-dassler-ansbach-14-570x379.jpg

puma-sport-fashion-rudolf-dassler-ansbach-16-570x379.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread