or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1282

post #19216 of 36416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurm View Post

Yeah, most of the markdowns are an insult. Supposedly some is up to 40% though.

I think most I saw was 30% off some BoO stuff. Most are a joke
post #19217 of 36416
damn was gonna kop more ann button ups
post #19218 of 36416

http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/laced-shoes_cod44387695ps.html

 

455 -> 424

 

Why mark it down at all? crackup[1].gif

post #19219 of 36416
Vertice London presale code
V3RSS12PRE
30%
post #19220 of 36416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meis View Post

The Corner sale has started.
It's nothing exciting though, most stuff I see is barely on sale (ie $220 marked down to $210)

Quote:
Originally Posted by worakl View Post

http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/laced-shoes_cod44387695ps.html

455 -> 424

Why mark it down at all? crackup%5B1%5D.gif

Are you guys baiting whatever123 or something? You should be thankful for any markdowns at all. Shame on you.
post #19221 of 36416
Quote:
Originally Posted by worakl View Post

http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/laced-shoes_cod44387695ps.html

 

455 -> 424

 

Why mark it down at all? crackup[1].gif


It's better then full retail, right?

post #19222 of 36416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Toro View Post


RIGHT.  They remove VAT on the codes you people have (although doesn't specifically say VAT) but if you do the math, you will see. 

wrong. thats how it worked for you, not everyone else
post #19223 of 36416

if/when the international Mr. Porter sale starts, will they have a different stock allocation to the US one. i.e. if something is sold out on the US site, does that mean it would be sold out on the international site? and in the subsequent sale?

post #19224 of 36416

Yeah yeah, I know it's the circular "sense of entitlement"-discussion all over again, but I'm genuinely curious, and not looking to purchase anything. If the markdown had been a dollar, would you have said "well, it's better than paying that extra dollar"? I think there is a point where the procentual markdown becomes too low to constitute a "sale", and Corner are pretty close on some of the items.

post #19225 of 36416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveStock View Post


wrong. thats how it worked for you, not everyone else


RIGHT.  You need to enter in the code.  If you live in a VAT tax area it won't work. 

post #19226 of 36416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjba View Post

if/when the international Mr. Porter sale starts, will they have a different stock allocation to the US one.


I am sure they allocate some stock differently.

post #19227 of 36416
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post

Are you guys baiting whatever123 or something? You should be thankful for any markdowns at all. Shame on you.

I almost put something in my post to that effect. I probably have less hate than most people do for whatever123's posts in this thread... and I usually hate people constantly asking about when will X sale start or get to Y percent off / get generally entitled about sales. You aren't entitled to sales and stores don't have to mark anything down (though they may have trouble selling their stock if they don't....)
post #19228 of 36416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meis View Post

I almost put something in my post to that effect. I probably have less hate than most people do for whatever123's posts in this thread... and I usually hate people constantly asking about when will X sale start or get to Y percent off / get generally entitled about sales. You aren't entitled to sales and stores don't have to mark anything down (though they may have trouble selling their stock if they don't....)

If it wasn't clear, my post was entirely facetious. I only buy things at 80% off or more.
post #19229 of 36416
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post

If it wasn't clear, my post was entirely facetious. I only buy things at 80% off or more.

Oh I figured that... I was actually being somewhat serious though.
post #19230 of 36416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meis View Post

The Corner sale has started.
It's nothing exciting though, most stuff I see is barely on sale (ie $220 marked down to $210)

I love this. Reminds me of J Crew (though I haven't checked there in ages.)

Oi Polloi does it right - everything neatly organized by size of discount. Very Styleforum friendly!

http://www.oipolloi.com/shop/clothing/sale
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread