Today's also a national holiday in the US ....
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- topicCoupon Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 6/29/15 at 6:17pm in Streetwear and Denim
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:15am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 7/12/12 at 1:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1252post #18766 of 411265/28/12 at 8:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18767 of 411265/28/12 at 8:52ampost #18768 of 411265/28/12 at 9:20ampost #18769 of 411265/28/12 at 10:14ampost #18770 of 411265/28/12 at 10:16amQuote:
I'm a founding member, but have only have three orders to my name, all sale items, in the last year. Would they "revoke" my founding member status for something like this? Hah. I can't see any sale stuff.post #18771 of 411265/28/12 at 10:45ampost #18772 of 411265/28/12 at 11:03ampost #18773 of 411265/28/12 at 11:29ampost #18774 of 411265/28/12 at 11:43amIt is a comment meant to imply that people are being ridiculous by continually asking about a Mr Porter sale, written in a sarcastic tone. It rests somewhere in between "chill out, bro" and "STFU WITH THE PORTER SALE ALREADY!!" along the spectrum of possible comments. While one might recall the lesson our dear mothers might have imparted on us (that is, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"), one might be forced to read one hundred more MR PORTER sale comments today, if it is left alone. Truly, the implication of my making such a response is only to point out the underlying Zen philosophy of if you do not see it, then it does not exist. So, really, I am doing them a favor by helping calm their nerves and be more at peace with the world.post #18775 of 411265/28/12 at 11:56amQuote:Originally Posted by zissou
It is a comment meant to imply that people are being ridiculous by continually asking about a Mr Porter sale, written in a sarcastic tone. It rests somewhere in between "chill out, bro" and "STFU WITH THE PORTER SALE ALREADY!!" along the spectrum of possible comments. While one might recall the lesson our dear mothers might have imparted on us (that is, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"), one might be forced to read one hundred more MR PORTER sale comments today, if it is left alone. Truly, the implication of my making such a response is only to point out the underlying Zen philosophy of if you do not see it, then it does not exist. So, really, I am doing them a favor by helping calm their nerves and be more at peace with the world.
Haha. Fair enough. Cheers zen master.post #18776 of 411265/28/12 at 12:27pmpost #18777 of 411265/28/12 at 1:13pmpost #18778 of 411265/28/12 at 1:40pmQuote:
The more ridiculous aspect is how many non founders know how the founders sale works.post #18779 of 411265/28/12 at 1:53pm
Yes, it's annoying to see questions asked 100 times over. However, rather than cluster the thread during SALES SEASON, why not just ignore the posts?
So, rather than having 1 post per page asking about porter, we now have 1 post asking about porter sales, and 10 posts ridiculing the person posting it.
Again, rather than flood the thread with absolute useless shit, just ignore the post, and the thread will be much cleaner.post #18780 of 411265/28/12 at 2:01pmQuote:And soon to be 100 posts criticizing the 10 posts ridiculing the one post asking about it. It is a given that the internet grows exponentially each day.
- Official Sales Alert thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 45 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › MC General Chat 3 minutes ago
- › Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America -... 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive) 7 minutes ago
- › Hugo Boss black leather oxford sz, 8.5 (42) 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...