or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sales Alert thread - Page 792

post #11866 of 35995
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw View Post

Thanks! Their Gio trousers are great.

+1... gave me an excuse to finally grab a pair of the emerald gio skinnys
would've grabbed to ox blood but of course that's the only color that's sold out of my size devil.gif
post #11867 of 35995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphataru View Post

It's odd, I just talked to my SA at Barney's and he said he hasn't been told anything about the sale on 25th. He thinks that it might be coop only. Anyone else's SA can confirm if it's just 'select brands'?

he's a moron, the sa called me yesterday to tell me
post #11868 of 35995
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahanshah View Post

on nonsales

You get refunded on sale items as well. They just refund you after you have done the purchase.
post #11869 of 35995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meis View Post

+1... gave me an excuse to finally grab a pair of the emerald gio skinnys
would've grabbed to ox blood but of course that's the only color that's sold out of my size devil.gif

I can't get enough of my Gio's. I have them all in the regular cut so far and they still fit slim. This gives me an excuse to go skinny. You own skinny's right, meis? What's leg opening, 7"?
post #11870 of 35995
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post


he's a moron, the sa called me yesterday to tell me


Has he said anything about presale? I don't understand how some SA knows this and some don't.

post #11871 of 35995
Decided to play it safe and get the Gio Skinny in khaki. Might wait until S/S 2012 to buy a more outrageous color
post #11872 of 35995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post

Reminder: buy one get one 50% off at Sydney's for the weekend. Excludes Dries Van Noten, LUC, and m.a+.

Last day!
post #11873 of 35995
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post

I can't get enough of my Gio's. I have them all in the regular cut so far and they still fit slim. This gives me an excuse to go skinny. You own skinny's right, meis? What's leg opening, 7"?

Assuming the gio skinny is the same as the old gio cut (before they changed it to a straight cut), then yeah 7in is about right. Might've been 6.75 before I hemmed them. I haven't tried on any of the regular gio, but I think that the gio and gio skinny are pretty much the same except that the gio is much more tapered in the lower leg...?
post #11874 of 35995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meis View Post

Assuming the gio skinny is the same as the old gio cut (before they changed it to a straight cut), then yeah 7in is about right. Might've been 6.75 before I hemmed them. I haven't tried on any of the regular gio, but I think that the gio and gio skinny are pretty much the same except that the gio is much more tapered in the lower leg...?

I believe that's the only difference. After getting my regular Gio pants hemmed to size, leg opening is about or a hair under 7.75", which still works for slimmer profile shoes and for boots alike. Picked up the Skinny Gio in Emerald and the regular Gio in ox-blood because the skinny's were sold out in my size.
post #11875 of 35995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggen View Post

You get refunded on sale items as well. They just refund you after you have done the purchase.

Vat refunds on non-sale items only...sent them an e-mail about it.
post #11876 of 35995
^That makes no sense at all. It's like they're keeping your VAT to offset the sale?

On a related note, I hate it when EU (usually Italy) webshops refuse to refund VAT, and usually charge EU50 in shipping.
post #11877 of 35995
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacetaekwon View Post

Vat refunds on non-sale items only...sent them an e-mail about it.

Ok, maybe they changed the policy then. Got refunded on a pair of boots I bought on sale a couple of months ago.
post #11878 of 35995
Quote:
Originally Posted by London View Post

Unis 30% off with code ELEVEN

Went to the new store in L.A. today and it was closed. WTF?
post #11879 of 35995
I'm really tempted to pick up a pair of the Gio pants, but I don't understand their selection of colors. It seems like Unis is focused on producing quality basics, but they're lacking a lot of the "basic" colors for their pants. I find it strange that they offer oxblood and emerald in the skinny cut, but not a standard navy or lighter khaki color.

How does the Skinny cut fit in the upper block, though?

Not sure whether to make a purchase of these at 30% off, or to save my money for other Black Friday sales. redface.gif
post #11880 of 35995
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslade View Post

I'm really tempted to pick up a pair of the Gio pants, but I don't understand their selection of colors. It seems like Unis is focused on producing quality basics, but they're lacking a lot of the "basic" colors for their pants. I find it strange that they offer oxblood and emerald in the skinny cut, but not a standard navy or lighter khaki color.
How does the Skinny cut fit in the upper block, though?
Not sure whether to make a purchase of these at 30% off, or to save my money for other Black Friday sales. redface.gif

most seasons they do offer a navy/marine color and the current offering includes khaki, grey, and black, aren't those all "basic" colors? I like that they offer some more unique colors... It's relatively easy to find slim pants in shades of navy/khaki

cut in the upper block- I guess I'd say it's pretty slim but shouldn't be too slim for people with "normal" size thighs. IIRC thigh measurement for a size 30 is about 11in.... Roughly similar fit to the W+H chinos
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread