or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › F******* hilditch!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

F******* hilditch!

post #1 of 41
Thread Starter 
I have 30 h&k shirts. 1) 1 is very easy to iron 2) 6 are not difficult to iron 3) 20 are very difficult to iron Something strange = 1) and 2) are MADE IN GB on tag 3) are all made in "nowhere" (no origin land on tag) Does it mean only GB shirts are good and others are crap? Difficult to imagine as : a) there are no more "made in GB" shirts (origin is no more written) on H&K shirts since several mounths. b) many of my 20 not "made in GB shirts" (at least not written) have been purchased in winter sales so we can imagine people would have complained to H&K since January and H&K would have fixed the problem Has anyone H&K shirts purchased in 2004? What about ironing? P.S I'm talking about ironing of COLLAR, which after having been wet and ironed, let me the choice between : - small folds everywhere - 2 big folds on the egde - waves HELP.
post #2 of 41
Are you ironing both sides of the collar? I typically iron the backside first, from the direction of the points to the inside. Then iron the topside, in the same way. Then fold the collar down, but instead of ironing the entire fold on a flat surface, iron the fold while letting the collar take it's natural round shape.  Hard to explain, but I use the narrow part of the ironing board.  Starting at one end of the collar, let the other end hang off the board so the collar as a whole is taking it's natural round shape.  Then only iron the portion that is on the surface of the ironing board.  You have to do it section by section until you reach the other end. It's a little time consuming, but that's how I get the best result. I agree, H&K shirts seem the hardest to iron. Sorry, it's hard to explain, but I hope this helps.
post #3 of 41
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this likely a bi-product of an unfused collar? I personally have never had any problems with fused collars (no bubbling or similar disfigurement) and find them immensely easy to iron.
post #4 of 41
Yeah, if the collars are not fused, they'll be difficult to iron. Some say that these collars are of a higher quality. I personally don't think so, because I like shirts that are easy to iron.
post #5 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Are you ironing both sides of the collar? I typically iron the backside first, from the direction of the points to the inside. Then iron the topside, in the same way. Then fold the collar down, but instead of ironing the entire fold on a flat surface, iron the fold while letting the collar take it's natural round shape.  Hard to explain, but I use the narrow part of the ironing board.  Starting at one end of the collar, let the other end hang off the board so the collar as a whole is taking it's natural round shape.  Then only iron the portion that is on the surface of the ironing board.  You have to do it section by section until you reach the other end. It's a little time consuming, but that's how I get the best result.  I agree, H&K shirts seem the hardest to iron. Sorry, it's hard to explain, but I hope this helps.
You are very clear. I ironed on the back side but quickly because it seemed useless. Why iron on the back? To warm linen? I had noticed this = with collar buttoned and folded, when I pull on it (to shape it as if it was on a neck) and squeeze it between my fingers (to "iron" with my finger), collar looks better . So I think your idea to iron it folded, section by section is the solution. Thanks
post #6 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this likely a bi-product of an unfused collar? I personally have never had any problems with fused collars (no bubbling or similar disfigurement) and find them immensely easy to iron.
yes NOT fused collar But 1 of my none fused collar is very easy to iron because there is no extra fabircs on it... A little extra fabrics on collar and it becomes a hell to iron. I think it must be possible to iron because my shirts looks perfect (no waves or extra fabrics) before I wet them.
post #7 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Yeah, if the collars are not fused, they'll be difficult to iron. Some say that these collars are of a higher quality. I personally don't think so, because I like shirts that are easy to iron.
These collars have better touch and feeling but I think I will go back to fused if I do not manage to iron better... If I do not manage, I will bring back my 23 shirts and ask them to show me it is possible to iron or to refund me. I already brought back a shirt, the lady in charge of ironing managed to iron it with pain but did not use the method of ironing buttoned and folded... I will kill myself.
post #8 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Are you ironing both sides of the collar? I typically iron the backside first, from the direction of the points to the inside. Then iron the topside, in the same way. Then fold the collar down, but instead of ironing the entire fold on a flat surface, iron the fold while letting the collar take it's natural round shape.  Hard to explain, but I use the narrow part of the ironing board.  Starting at one end of the collar, let the other end hang off the board so the collar as a whole is taking it's natural round shape.  Then only iron the portion that is on the surface of the ironing board.  You have to do it section by section until you reach the other end. It's a little time consuming, but that's how I get the best result.  I agree, H&K shirts seem the hardest to iron. Sorry, it's hard to explain, but I hope this helps.
Are your shirts from H&K?
post #9 of 41
Quote:
Quote:
(Renault78law @ 16 July 2004, 9:01) Are you ironing both sides of the collar? I typically iron the backside first, from the direction of the points to the inside. Then iron the topside, in the same way. Then fold the collar down, but instead of ironing the entire fold on a flat surface, iron the fold while letting the collar take it's natural round shape.  Hard to explain, but I use the narrow part of the ironing board.  Starting at one end of the collar, let the other end hang off the board so the collar as a whole is taking it's natural round shape.  Then only iron the portion that is on the surface of the ironing board.  You have to do it section by section until you reach the other end. It's a little time consuming, but that's how I get the best result.  I agree, H&K shirts seem the hardest to iron. Sorry, it's hard to explain, but I hope this helps.
Are your shirts from H&K?
yup
post #10 of 41
Does this mean the altar to H&K has been taken down?
post #11 of 41
Ernest - please don't tear down the altar yet. I have absoloutly no problems ironing my H&K shirts provided I start from the points of the collar. I iron them dry and use the steam setting on my iron. B
post #12 of 41
Do not swear in topic titles. In fact, try to refrain from swearing at all. I'd like this board to be suitable for public viewing including families, etc. Next time you will get kicked off. This goes for everyone. Thanks.
post #13 of 41
Thank you J, for keeping the forum decent.
post #14 of 41
No problem, although your avatar does stretch the bounds of decency.
post #15 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Do not swear in topic titles. In fact, try to refrain from swearing at all. I'd like this board to be suitable for public viewing including families, etc. Next time you will get kicked off. This goes for everyone. Thanks.
kick off? Keep cool. I do no speak english very good and I tought "fuck" was an english very common word...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › F******* hilditch!