or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 387

post #5791 of 6230

Anyone putting cuffs on the new flannel trousers?

post #5792 of 6230

FYI I have recently returned 2 pairs of 32 slims flannel - mid grey and blue, so for anyone wanting those sizes that were not able to nab them, start refreshing!

 

The trousers were wonderful quality and fit well, but I have 2 pairs of suit supply flannels in the same colors that were wearing out at the crotch that I decided to have repaired instead of replacing. Just cant justify a ~$360 replacement when I dropped a similar amount a year ago on the SS ones.

post #5793 of 6230
Any chance a pale/light grey flannel trouser may be coming down the pipe?
post #5794 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
 

FYI I have recently returned 2 pairs of 32 slims flannel - mid grey and blue, so for anyone wanting those sizes that were not able to nab them, start refreshing!

 

The trousers were wonderful quality and fit well, but I have 2 pairs of suit supply flannels in the same colors that were wearing out at the crotch that I decided to have repaired instead of replacing. Just cant justify a ~$360 replacement when I dropped a similar amount a year ago on the SS ones.

 

I want to exchange my 33 mid grey for that 32!

 

@spiermackay, how can we make that happen.

post #5795 of 6230

Anyone have pictures of the slim and contemporary suit fits side by side? Or can provide info on how the two fits differ? Suitsupply's size 38 in Lazio, Hudson, London fit quite nicely; with only slimming required in the waist. Would slim or contemporary be a better fit compared to SS?

 

Also, how do I tell the difference between Model 1 and Model 2? 

post #5796 of 6230
Yes, and when it isn't 85deg I'll get a chance to wear them!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Anyone putting cuffs on the new flannel trousers?
post #5797 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Anyone putting cuffs on the new flannel trousers?

I think the question is who wouldn't put cuffs on these trousers? Not only do they totally suit this fabric, but what better way to differentiate these high quality pants from cheap, skimpily made trousers that don't come with enough fabric to lengthen or add cuffs. That extra length should be flaunted!
post #5798 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post

I think the question is who wouldn't put cuffs on these trousers? Not only do they totally suit this fabric, but what better way to differentiate these high quality pants from cheap, skimpily made trousers that don't come with enough fabric to lengthen or add cuffs. That extra length should be flaunted!

Some of us are tall, so there isn't enough fabric for cuffs on SM pants. The only rtw trousers that I was ever able to put cuffs on were part of a very classical Belvest suit.
post #5799 of 6230

@spiermackay


Do regular flannel trousers come with split back? Also, what is the fabric and do they come from the new factory? Cannot find info in the description.

 

I mean these: http://www.spierandmackay.com/product_information/5466_mid_grey_flannel___slim_fit 

post #5800 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs77 View Post


Some of us are tall, so there isn't enough fabric for cuffs on SM pants. The only rtw trousers that I was ever able to put cuffs on were part of a very classical Belvest suit.


Fair enough. I'll accept this reason. :confused: You must be over 6'2" (my height), as I found that S&M trousers have enough cloth for cuffs.

 

Rick, any chance you guys could produce some suede belts? I've had trouble finding a decent one at a good price. Also and plans for new ties? Pocket squares are also something that you guys could delve into.

post #5801 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagub Zamanov View Post
 

@spiermackay


Do regular flannel trousers come with split back? Also, what is the fabric and do they come from the new factory? Cannot find info in the description.

 

I mean these: http://www.spierandmackay.com/product_information/5466_mid_grey_flannel___slim_fit 

 

 

Fabric is Biella, yes to both split waistband and new factory.

post #5802 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs77 View Post


Some of us are tall, so there isn't enough fabric for cuffs on SM pants. The only rtw trousers that I was ever able to put cuffs on were part of a very classical Belvest suit.

These flannel pants have a longer unfinished seam than the previous pants - I'm 6'4" and I cuffed mine.

post #5803 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post
 


Rick, any chance you guys could produce some suede belts? I've had trouble finding a decent one at a good price. Also and plans for new ties? Pocket squares are also something that you guys could delve into.

 

HR Outlet at Heartland has some you could check to see if they meet your needs...

post #5804 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post


I think the question is who wouldn't put cuffs on these trousers? Not only do they totally suit this fabric, but what better way to differentiate these high quality pants from cheap, skimpily made trousers that don't come with enough fabric to lengthen or add cuffs. That extra length should be flaunted!

 

I simply don't like cuffs all that much. Had mine done with a plain hem, with somewhere between 1/4 to 1/2 inch differential between the front and back so that I get a slight break on the shoe and still have coverage at the heel.

post #5805 of 6230

I would bet you 75+% (I really want to say 90%...) of the hem's S&M does in store are plain hems.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread