Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Dolce & Gabbana Gold Elvis Silk Blazer Last post on 5/24/16 at 9:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- For Sale: Brooks Brothers 100% Wool Sportcoat 36S Last post on 4/3/16 at 11:14am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets Last post on Today at 9:57 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear: The Casual Summer WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 379post #5671 of 585110/10/16 at 12:09pmpost #5672 of 585110/10/16 at 12:54pmThread StarterQuote:
It's not something that we're looking into at the moment. The point is to protect the garment and the one we currently use is plenty sufficient to do that job. Don't forget SS charges more for its suits on average, is operating at a significantly larger scale and able to purchase these bags for significantly less than we can.
You have to remember, the bag you get from SS for free is not really free. You are paying for it as part of your suit purchase.
Sorry, point is we can make a better suit bag but it will cost more and we are not in a position to absorb that cost.
Edited by spiermackay - 10/10/16 at 1:12pmpost #5673 of 585110/10/16 at 12:59pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by The Dirk
@SPIER & MACKAY
I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on that new brushed wool Navy suit you have, but before I do, I have two questions(sorry if you've answered these before).
1. Is the lapel width on the new jackets still 3.5 inches?
2. What's the difference between regular wool, and brushed wool? is it just an added touch of texture?
thanks for your time and help,
Lapels are the same as before.
Brushed wool is a worsted wool with the surface lifted to create a softer, lofty feel. It also wears warmer as it creates more air pockets to trap air. It's similar to flannel but a bit denser and less lofty. It's a great cool weather fabric. The colour is outstanding.post #5674 of 585110/10/16 at 2:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by spiermackay
They bought a 50% stake in the factory. The venture gave Zegna insights into the Chinese Domestic market (now the worlds largest luxury market), and in turn the factory benefited by the technical input brought in by Zegna. There are 3 separate factories under their control now. The largest producing 300k suits/year, and producing for international brands like Suitsupply. We're far too small to be there. The smallest producing 70k suits/year, geared for smaller production runs, but a higher cost. We're in the smallest facility, which is good, because smaller factories have better overall quality control from our past experience.
When I visited the factory, though all the workers were Chinese, the executive technicians were mostly Italian. The biggest difference explained to me between a Zegna European made suit and the Chinese suit is the level of handwork included in the finish. The European suits have significantly more.
Will all your MTM's be coming out of the new factory?
Do you have a tailor at your downtown location to take my measurements for MTM?post #5675 of 585110/10/16 at 3:01pmThread StarterQuote:
All MTM's since July 1st are from the new factory and they have been coming out incredible. I won't hesitate for a second to say the quality far exceeds anything in the city at a similar price and is at least on par with anything 2x the price.
We do have trained staff at the downtown location as well as an onsite tailor.post #5676 of 585110/10/16 at 5:26pmpost #5677 of 585110/10/16 at 5:44pmThread Starterpost #5678 of 585110/10/16 at 6:13pmpost #5679 of 585110/10/16 at 6:25pmThread Starterpost #5680 of 585110/11/16 at 6:58ampost #5681 of 585110/11/16 at 7:01amThread Starterpost #5682 of 585110/11/16 at 7:05ampost #5683 of 585110/11/16 at 7:11amThread Starterpost #5684 of 585110/11/16 at 12:37pmpost #5685 of 585110/11/16 at 7:56pmPlease, I want to order a few dress trouser by Friday, but 30 slim is tight in the thighs and seat. Should I purchase 30 contemporary in available (4) style/colors or 32 slim in available (+10) style/color with altercation in the waist? I cannot for spring 17 when 30 contemporary will be in-stock again!
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 12 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Leather or rubber soles? 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 9 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...