or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 377

post #5641 of 6172
Suggestion for S/S trousers... olive ripstop, or navy would work too. This could add a bit more casual items to a lot the more formal stuff that is already available.

Also, anxiously awaiting OCBDs!!!
post #5642 of 6172

I like what Mashburn did also...  Less sheen, open weave, med/light weights,  wool/cotton or wool linen blends welcome.  

 

 

Cream, java/tobacco, lighter brown, light grey, medium grey, faded/lighter green.

 

 

I'd be fine with no blue for 2017.  This SS had a huge amount of blue trousers. 

 

And I would have them all plain, let the fabric texture do that talking.  No checks or herringbones.  One or 2 might be okay.

post #5643 of 6172
I got a pair of tropical wool trousers last year, a great pale grey with a super crisp, dry hand.

Just perfect, but I wore them so much I wore a hole in them frown.gif Replacements would be much appreciated!!
post #5644 of 6172
Double post
post #5645 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMAc7 View Post

If we are going to discuss shirts, let's not forget popovers too. I think there was quite a rumbling for those last s/s.
Popovers please!
post #5646 of 6172
Popover reminds me - long sleeve polos!
post #5647 of 6172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by linsk View Post
 

How much is trouser length alterations if we choose to pick-up the suit instore and can we request it be done before we pick it up?

 

Hemming is $10. We can do it before pick up. That said, we need the outseam measurement, not inseam.

post #5648 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

 

Hemming is $10. We can do it before pick up. That said, we need the outseam measurement, not inseam.

Thanks, are you still expecting the new suits to arrive saturday?

post #5649 of 6172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by linsk View Post

Thanks, are you still expecting the new suits to arrive saturday?

Trying our best but can't make that promise right now. Might be pushed to Tuesday. Shipment arrived really late last night and pushed our unpacking back a day.
post #5650 of 6172
Tuesday would be best. I have an annual fire drill at work but I am not walking down 50+ flights of stairs so I will have an hour to kill in the morning. What better way to spend it than to peruse the new collection at the store?

fistbump.gif
post #5651 of 6172
Hey Rick,

Just got the email about new shirting fabrics. Which of these (if any) will be available off the rack?

The OTR shirting is perfect for me so I don't really have the need to go custom but some of those fabrics have caught my eye so I may need to bite the bullet if the won't be OTR.
post #5652 of 6172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiggyv View Post

Hey Rick,

Just got the email about new shirting fabrics. Which of these (if any) will be available off the rack?

The OTR shirting is perfect for me so I don't really have the need to go custom but some of those fabrics have caught my eye so I may need to bite the bullet if the won't be OTR.

 

Most will come OTR. Should be towards the end of the month or early November. Most of the casuals with be BD collars.

post #5653 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

 

Most will come OTR. Should be towards the end of the month or early November. Most of the casuals with be BD collars.

 

Great to know, the Melange and Flannel options look pretty solid. I noticed we get a little preview of the oxford fabrics as well in the custom section right now too, the pink university stripe is killer. 

 

Is it just me or does the lavender university stripe look like blue and possibly mislabelled? http://www.spierandmackay.com/mtmpopup.php?i=4931

post #5654 of 6172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

Great to know, the Melange and Flannel options look pretty solid. I noticed we get a little preview of the oxford fabrics as well in the custom section right now too, the pink university stripe is killer. 

 

Is it just me or does the lavender university stripe look like blue and possibly mislabelled? http://www.spierandmackay.com/mtmpopup.php?i=4931

 

Nope. That's the lavender. Though it's looking a bit washed out compared to what it actually is. I'll have to get that corrected. The blue uni stripe should be up in a couple of days.

post #5655 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

 

Nope. That's the lavender. Though it's looking a bit washed out compared to what it actually is. I'll have to get that corrected. The blue uni stripe should be up in a couple of days.

 

Did the RTW oxfords show up yesterday? I am guessing those will be next week now. The earlier email had me rushing to my computer thinking it was about them haha.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread