Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Dolce & Gabbana Gold Elvis Silk Blazer Last post on 5/24/16 at 9:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- For Sale: Brooks Brothers 100% Wool Sportcoat 36S Last post on 4/3/16 at 11:14am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets Last post on Today at 1:18 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear: The Casual Summer WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 376post #5627 of 618610/5/16 at 9:32ampost #5628 of 618610/5/16 at 9:36ampost #5629 of 618610/5/16 at 10:55ampost #5630 of 618610/5/16 at 11:10amQuote:
Agree with it all, but especially the tan with light blue check and dark brown. I think it's fair to say that most of the Armoury's s/s Ring Jacket offerings would provide good inspiration (as well as their f/w for that matter).post #5631 of 618610/5/16 at 11:48ampost #5632 of 618610/5/16 at 11:51ampost #5633 of 618610/5/16 at 12:44pmpost #5634 of 618610/5/16 at 7:48pm
The brown hopsack suggestion is perfect, and a logical choice after navy.
For more trouser inspiration I would look at what Sid Mashburn offers. I was just looking at their selection of trousers and I still see some summer items in there. All of the hopsack, plain weave and tropic wool trousers have this matte look that I would guess has a dry hand. Check out the close ups.
Olive plain weave
"Fir" tropical wool
Blue tic weave
Charcoal hopsackpost #5635 of 618610/5/16 at 7:58pmpost #5636 of 618610/5/16 at 8:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Notreknip
I think a great set of sportcoats would've been the flannel fabrics from the recent trouser run - especially the green and the mid-blue.
When I was recently at the warehouse location, I came across a pair of black/white houndstooth trousers that was made from a beautifully soft and textured fabric.
Yes, would love to have seen the green flannel as a SC. Also I own those houndstooth trousers (they're brushed cotton, although wear and drape more like wool, I think), and I'd be happy to get a casual soft SC w patch pockets in the same material!
As for S/S fabrics, lighter colored hopsack and tropical wool,in beige, light grey, maybe light blue. Some linen or linen blend trousers in white/off white.post #5637 of 618610/6/16 at 7:15ampost #5638 of 618610/6/16 at 7:46amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by fieldofdreams
@SPIER & MACKAY what are the differences in construction between the suits from the previous factory and the current factory?
Softer Canvas, better balance. Slightly better finish.
The old suits were great, but these are distinctly better. It's one of those things that if you were to examine them closely there isn't much difference, but you can still tell one is superior.post #5639 of 618610/6/16 at 7:46amThread Starterpost #5640 of 618610/6/16 at 7:49am
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 23 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 30 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 32 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 32 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 44 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway