or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 373

post #5581 of 6228
Contemporary fit looked perfect, Burzan! Looked trim and comfortable, not baggy or too skinny. Perfect silhouette to pair with an SC
post #5582 of 6228
Gentlemen, the wife has spoken.
post #5583 of 6228
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post


I agree. It looks a little too roomy.

Edit, but it looks like you can just have it altered. The Slim maybe too slim?

I have chicken legs so even the slim fit in dress pants, I have them taken in the legs a little. However on the chino's they fit fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by losrockets View Post

Contemporary fit looked perfect, Burzan! Looked trim and comfortable, not baggy or too skinny. Perfect silhouette to pair with an SC

 

She said they look fine from the front but the back looked very shapeless and the seat was not flattering at all on me. I think she's not used to seeing me in a more traditional looking fit. If I wre any sport coats I would agree with you but maybe in this case the style is just too far removed from my current style preference. 

 

Altering could possibly be an option but we'll see what the slims are like.

 

Here is a pic of J Crew Bowery  slims on me, these have about an inch less leg opening (.5" flat), lower rise, and a more trim profile over the Contemporary. This is more along the lines of a typical fit for me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebichuman View Post

Gentlemen, the wife has spoken.

 

 

LMAO, pretty much. 

post #5584 of 6228
The slim fit isn't that slim anyway, if you can fit into it, it will be business appropriate.
post #5585 of 6228

@Burzan - I have the same issue. Anything not-slim is way too baggy in the seat/crotch/back of the thighs, but in the mid-thigh area I could always use some extra room. I too considered the contemp fit but the slim is already loose-ish in the seat/rise area so its a no-go without serious alterations.

 

I just live with the very slim-look in the thighs even though I always wish I could have an extra inch or so. Contemporary would have too much room elsewhere, just as it does for you.

post #5586 of 6228
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
 

@Burzan - I have the same issue. Anything not-slim is way too baggy in the seat/crotch/back of the thighs, but in the mid-thigh area I could always use some extra room. I too considered the contemp fit but the slim is already loose-ish in the seat/rise area so its a no-go without serious alterations.

 

I just live with the very slim-look in the thighs even though I always wish I could have an extra inch or so. Contemporary would have too much room elsewhere, just as it does for you.

 

Sounds just like me indeed, I am optimistic in the slim fit now because I would really love to keep these flannels, they are just too awesome. 

 

 

 

 

PS to everyone, looks like the new jackets are up online if anyone is itching to jump on them.

post #5587 of 6228
Check shirt from SM I wore yesterday. Wasn't sure I would, but I love this shirt.

post #5588 of 6228

Hi Rick,

 

It looks like there won't be any 36S for slim sportcoats...?

post #5589 of 6228
Blue hopsack or herringbone sportcoat? Can't decide!
post #5590 of 6228

I just received the following e-mail from Spier & Mackay:

 

“Pre-Order our New Fall Suits.

Produced with our new Partner Factory Associated with the Legendary Zegna.

The wait is almost over.  Our new Seasonal Fall suits are on the way.  Order yours today and save.  Excellent weights and textures to truly make your cool weather look razor sharp.  6 new suits and 6 new sportcoats to help ward off the cold in style.

This delivery marks our first group of suits produced under the watchful eye of the Masterful Italian Suitmaker Zegna.  Our excellent quality suiting just got better.”

 

However, clicking on any of the links in the e-mail simply takes one to S & M’s usual suit page.  What is the correct link to the 6 suits and 6 sport coats pre-order?

 

Thanks.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #5591 of 6228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 

I just received the following e-mail from Spier & Mackay:

 

“Pre-Order our New Fall Suits.

Produced with our new Partner Factory Associated with the Legendary Zegna.

The wait is almost over.  Our new Seasonal Fall suits are on the way.  Order yours today and save.  Excellent weights and textures to truly make your cool weather look razor sharp.  6 new suits and 6 new sportcoats to help ward off the cold in style.

This delivery marks our first group of suits produced under the watchful eye of the Masterful Italian Suitmaker Zegna.  Our excellent quality suiting just got better.”

 

However, clicking on any of the links in the e-mail simply takes one to S & M’s usual suit page.  What is the correct link to the 6 suits and 6 sport coats pre-order?

 

Thanks.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac


The new suits are on the regular page. They should be sorted by default to newest first and those top ones are the new ones from the new factory, same with the sportcoats.

post #5592 of 6228
Quote:
Originally Posted by winghus View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

I just received the following e-mail from Spier & Mackay:

 

“Pre-Order our New Fall Suits.

Produced with our new Partner Factory Associated with the Legendary Zegna.

The wait is almost over.  Our new Seasonal Fall suits are on the way.  Order yours today and save.  Excellent weights and textures to truly make your cool weather look razor sharp.  6 new suits and 6 new sportcoats to help ward off the cold in style.

This delivery marks our first group of suits produced under the watchful eye of the Masterful Italian Suitmaker Zegna.  Our excellent quality suiting just got better.”

 

However, clicking on any of the links in the e-mail simply takes one to S & M’s usual suit page. 

What is the correct link to the 6 suits and 6 sport coats pre-order?

 

Thanks.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac


The new suits are on the regular page. They should be sorted by default to newest first and those top ones are the new ones from the new factory, same with the sportcoats.

 

Thanks.

 

So the only thing identifying the new ones available for pre-order is that they're listed first?  Bizarre.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #5593 of 6228

If this is true, by the way, then apparently they're only available in slim fit.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #5594 of 6228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 

 

Thanks.

 

So the only thing identifying the new ones available for pre-order is that they're listed first?  Bizarre.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac


The thumbnail says both "new" and "sale" and it's listed as Pre-Order in the description.

post #5595 of 6228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

She said they look fine from the front but the back looked very shapeless and the seat was not flattering at all on me. I think she's not used to seeing me in a more traditional looking fit. If I wre any sport coats I would agree with you but maybe in this case the style is just too far removed from my current style preference. 

 

Altering could possibly be an option but we'll see what the slims are like.

 

Here is a pic of J Crew Bowery  slims on me, these have about an inch less leg opening (.5" flat), lower rise, and a more trim profile over the Contemporary. This is more along the lines of a typical fit for me.

 

 

 

LMAO, pretty much. 

 

What you can do is measure out the thigh on your J.crew and compare to the size chart. That will give you a good idea of how it will fit through the leg.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread