or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 361

post #5401 of 6176
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

Just a PSA,

 

Flannels are ready in stock in Mississauga. They will be in the Downtown Shop after 12 pm.

 

We only have limited stocks on these as they are a test run, so grab them while you can. Once they're gone, their gone for the season.

 

Lucky local bastards, Tuesday can't come fast enough haha.

post #5402 of 6176
Can't order online?
post #5403 of 6176
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc2162 View Post

Can't order online?

 

Rick said they will be online on Tuesday, I assume pictures need to be taken still for the site.

post #5404 of 6176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

Lucky local bastards, Tuesday can't come fast enough haha.

Will be stopping by the 'sauga shop on Monday :-)

post #5405 of 6176
How limited, Rick?

Don't want to get my hopes up for Tuesday for nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post

Just a PSA,

Flannels are ready in stock in Mississauga. They will be in the Downtown Shop after 12 pm.

We only have limited stocks on these as they are a test run, so grab them while you can. Once they're gone, their gone for the season.
post #5406 of 6176
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post


Yes. It just has to taper to the elbow. When you reduce the bicep, generally the circumference of the armhole will be reduced proportionally as well.

1. How do I specify a decrease in upper arm (bicep) width without a change in elbow room/diameter?

2. Also, regarding the third image in this photo set (http://imgur.com/a/0f8xb), how do I decrease the amount of horizontal bunching/blousing at the low back? I can't comfortably decrease the waist measurement anymore. Or is what I have normal (good fit)?

Thanks
post #5407 of 6176
Don't sleep on the flannel trousers; they're more unbelievable in person than online and definitely won't last. Grabbed 2 pairs today.
post #5408 of 6176
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

How limited, Rick?

Don't want to get my hopes up for Tuesday for nothing.

 

Depends on the size/fit. We have a total of 263 pcs across 7 colours/2 fits/all sizes. I'll open it up to SF first before we put out the email.

post #5409 of 6176
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeam3130 View Post


1. How do I specify a decrease in upper arm (bicep) width without a change in elbow room/diameter?

2. Also, regarding the third image in this photo set (http://imgur.com/a/0f8xb), how do I decrease the amount of horizontal bunching/blousing at the low back? I can't comfortably decrease the waist measurement anymore. Or is what I have normal (good fit)?

Thanks

 

1. Just advise how much you want to decrease the bicep by, and keep the elbow the same.

 

2. You can ask to reduce the back waist panel only at the waist. You can probably decrease it by 1"

post #5410 of 6176
I'm prepping to pull the trigger on some flannels on Tuesday. Any advice on the sizing of the slim cut trousers?
post #5411 of 6176
Quote:
Originally Posted by dappercanadian View Post

Don't sleep on the flannel trousers; they're more unbelievable in person than online and definitely won't last. Grabbed 2 pairs today.

 

I am seriously having a hard time deciding on colors, are they heavy to the point they are basically a winter only trouser?

 

I own some wools already in the greys and navys that would probably end up as overlaps in my collection, but then again those are the most staple colors that get more use. On the other hand I love the green, burgundy, and tan but those will see less time in the rotation. I think 3 pairs will be my max.

 

 

 

Another question for everyone, what do you guys see as pairing with the green or burgundy in terms of shirt color combinations? 

post #5412 of 6176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Another question for everyone, what do you guys see as pairing with the green or burgundy in terms of shirt color combinations? 

My personal sartorial policy is only one non-standard/non-neutral color at a time (here green or burgundy) so in this case I'd stick with the usual suspects - white or blue. I'd also offset it with a jacket or sweater in navy, dark brown or grey. Brown would be my last choice this time.
post #5413 of 6176
Lighter blue goes great with green trousers or jackets. Of course white with anything.
Green trousers is very easy to wear IMO and that shade is nice, go for it!
post #5414 of 6176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post

My personal sartorial policy is only one non-standard/non-neutral color at a time (here green or burgundy) so in this case I'd stick with the usual suspects - white or blue. I'd also offset it with a jacket or sweater in navy, dark brown or grey. Brown would be my last choice this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post

Lighter blue goes great with green trousers or jackets. Of course white with anything.
Green trousers is very easy to wear IMO and that shade is nice, go for it!

Thanks guys. I have a few pairs of pants in olive tones that I find quite versatile, this green is a bit more bold and I am quite drawn to it so I appreciate the input.
post #5415 of 6176
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

 

Depends on the size/fit. We have a total of 263 pcs across 7 colours/2 fits/all sizes. I'll open it up to SF first before we put out the email.

 

Hi Rick,

 

Love the look of the new flannels.

I'm afraid this might be a long shot but... will there be 28 slim? If not, at least 30 slim?

 

Thanks,

Peter.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread