It took me long enough, but I finally made it down to the new store. Very nice! I'll be picking up one or two sport coats - they just have to bring in one piece in my size from the other location.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Dolce & Gabbana Gold Elvis Silk Blazer Last post on 5/24/16 at 9:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- For Sale: Brooks Brothers 100% Wool Sportcoat 36S Last post on 4/3/16 at 11:14am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets Last post on Today at 12:39 am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear: The Casual Summer WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 354post #5296 of 62309/12/16 at 9:37ampost #5297 of 62309/12/16 at 10:24amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Burke
Thanks. Good to know.
How much is this alteration (shorten sleeves, move lowest button and remove all fake buttonholes)?
Also, as I'm buying online would it be possible to provide a sleeve length measurement and have you alter before shipping?
If that's possible what measurement should I provide? From shoulder/sleeve seam to end of sleeve?
We charge $25/Jacket in house.
We don't normally do this for online orders. As once an alteration is done there are no return/exchanges. We pin/mark the sleeve in house by our on site tailors. If you order online, it's better to take it to a local tailor and have it marked correctly.post #5298 of 62309/13/16 at 9:27ampost #5299 of 62309/13/16 at 11:28amRick, can you compare the weight of the navy herringbone 3 roll 2 that's coming in October and your gray herringbone wool cash? I'm guessing theyre the same weight and composition but does the navy wear cooler because it's totally unstructured? Looking for something that I can wear into the spring in Houston.post #5300 of 62309/13/16 at 11:44amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by losrockets
Rick, can you compare the weight of the navy herringbone 3 roll 2 that's coming in October and your gray herringbone wool cash? I'm guessing theyre the same weight and composition but does the navy wear cooler because it's totally unstructured? Looking for something that I can wear into the spring in Houston.
They are the same weight and construction. The newer jackets made in the new factory are not unstructured, but lightly structured, slightly less so than the current sportcoat. Very light canvas. But that won't necessarily make them cooler.post #5301 of 62309/13/16 at 4:07pmpost #5302 of 62309/13/16 at 5:28pmThread StarterQuote:
Medium or light gray trousers. Solid colour shirt. White or pale blue. Really sharp look. Think of it as an alternative to a navy blazer.post #5303 of 62309/13/16 at 5:31pmDoes the navy guncheck have black checks or brown? If they are brown then I'd pair it with the usual suspects that go with a navy blazer, that is trousers in shades of grey and brown, or even the right green.
If the checks are black, then I have the same issue pairing it with trousers as I would with the blackwatch jacket. I think it's a cool looking jacket but I'm having trouble picturing it with anything other than solid navy or black trousers (which I don't own nor would plan on buying). This is the one case where I think black trousers would look good, as part of an outfit for evening occasions, with perhaps a white shirt and dark tie. I have a black Burberry tie with very small blue squares in it that I almost never wear, but would look perfect with that jacket.post #5304 of 62309/13/16 at 5:59pmpost #5305 of 62309/13/16 at 6:15pmpost #5306 of 62309/13/16 at 6:51pmpost #5307 of 62309/13/16 at 8:27pmpost #5308 of 62309/14/16 at 4:55pmpost #5309 of 62309/14/16 at 5:10pmpost #5310 of 62309/14/16 at 5:17pmThread Starter
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 17 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 13 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 16 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 17 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 18 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 26 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 27 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...