or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 354

post #5296 of 6230

It took me long enough, but I finally made it down to the new store.  Very nice!  I'll be picking up one or two sport coats - they just have to bring in one piece in my size from the other location.

post #5297 of 6230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke View Post


Thanks. Good to know.

How much is this alteration (shorten sleeves, move lowest button and remove all fake buttonholes)?

Also, as I'm buying online would it be possible to provide a sleeve length measurement and have you alter before shipping?
If that's possible what measurement should I provide? From shoulder/sleeve seam to end of sleeve?

 

We charge $25/Jacket in house.

 

We don't normally do this for online orders. As once an alteration is done there are no return/exchanges. We pin/mark the sleeve in house by our on site tailors. If you order online, it's better to take it to a local tailor and have it marked correctly.

post #5298 of 6230
I dropped by the downtown store yesterday to have a look at the new sport coats. They're really nice and I ended up going with the navy gun check in Contemporary.

The guys (Jason and Simon) were really helpful as always.
post #5299 of 6230
Rick, can you compare the weight of the navy herringbone 3 roll 2 that's coming in October and your gray herringbone wool cash? I'm guessing theyre the same weight and composition but does the navy wear cooler because it's totally unstructured? Looking for something that I can wear into the spring in Houston.
post #5300 of 6230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by losrockets View Post

Rick, can you compare the weight of the navy herringbone 3 roll 2 that's coming in October and your gray herringbone wool cash? I'm guessing theyre the same weight and composition but does the navy wear cooler because it's totally unstructured? Looking for something that I can wear into the spring in Houston.

 

They are the same weight and construction. The newer jackets made in the new factory are not unstructured, but lightly structured, slightly less so than the current sportcoat. Very light canvas. But that won't necessarily make them cooler.

post #5301 of 6230
Appreciate the honesty. I'm probably gonna give it a try anyway. Thoughts on how to style the navy guncheck? Almost added it to my order today but I haven't seen too many of these and idk why it feels a little difficult to wear vs the brown one.
post #5302 of 6230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by losrockets View Post

Appreciate the honesty. I'm probably gonna give it a try anyway. Thoughts on how to style the navy guncheck? Almost added it to my order today but I haven't seen too many of these and idk why it feels a little difficult to wear vs the brown one.

Medium or light gray trousers. Solid colour shirt. White or pale blue. Really sharp look. Think of it as an alternative to a navy blazer.
post #5303 of 6230
Does the navy guncheck have black checks or brown? If they are brown then I'd pair it with the usual suspects that go with a navy blazer, that is trousers in shades of grey and brown, or even the right green.

If the checks are black, then I have the same issue pairing it with trousers as I would with the blackwatch jacket. I think it's a cool looking jacket but I'm having trouble picturing it with anything other than solid navy or black trousers (which I don't own nor would plan on buying). This is the one case where I think black trousers would look good, as part of an outfit for evening occasions, with perhaps a white shirt and dark tie. I have a black Burberry tie with very small blue squares in it that I almost never wear, but would look perfect with that jacket.
post #5304 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post


Medium or light gray trousers. Solid colour shirt. White or pale blue. Really sharp look. Think of it as an alternative to a navy blazer.


Striped or solid tie? Hmm. Interesting...I don't know why I'm having such a hard time picturing this.

post #5305 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by losrockets View Post


Striped or solid tie? Hmm. Interesting...I don't know why I'm having such a hard time picturing this.

I think burgundy or brown solid tie would look nice. Check the product page. Basically that with grey slacks.
post #5306 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post


I think burgundy or brown solid tie would look nice. Check the product page. Basically that with grey slacks.


A rust solid would work too IMO.

post #5307 of 6230
Subscribed
post #5308 of 6230
Rick, any plans to offer suits with unpadded shoulders? Love that feature in some of your sportcoats.
post #5309 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikej77 View Post

Rick, any plans to offer suits with unpadded shoulders? Love that feature in some of your sportcoats.

 

Heh.  I wish the opposite:  that they'd introduce sport coats with more structure ...

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #5310 of 6230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikej77 View Post

Rick, any plans to offer suits with unpadded shoulders? Love that feature in some of your sportcoats.

We've been discussing a few new suit variants and an unpadded, more casual suit being one of them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread