or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 321

post #4801 of 6175
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie411 View Post


I like them all, and would rank them light brown, cream, and then blue. Can we get these with patch pockets (like that sample jacket you're showing)?

 

That's the idea. It's a more casual suit to begin with. It's an oxford weave. Really fantastic. I'm personally leaning towards a medium brown. Looks a bit washed. Something you'd expect from Boglioli and the like.

post #4802 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

 

This is the same fit as we ran for the Model 2. Contemporary and Slim Fits. This Jacket is 3 Roll 2.5. 3.5" Lapel. Unpadded shoulder Patch Pockets. Double Vented. 1/4 butterfly lining. Bullhorn Buttons.

 

There are 5 Jackets to kick this particular model off. We haven't given it any particular name or model number yet to reference. There is a Mid Brown Herringbone in the same pattern/cloth that will release at the same time. There is a Navy with a self overcheck that is really great. The other two are slipping my mind right now, but are great in their own right. 

 

Prior to this release, we will have 5 jackets from the last lot from the old factory. Just finished inspection last night. Quality is superb. Those are simple 2 button, patch pocket, unpadded shoulder. Same as our current hopsack. Those will be ready for pre-sale Aug. 15th as will the first lot of the FW Suiting. Should ship out End August/1st Week of September.


Regarding the 3 roll 2.5 model, anything green or like this?:

post #4803 of 6175

@spiermackay, I don't mean to call you out, but could you please check your email? My emails have gone unanswered for weeks.

post #4804 of 6175
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealp9084 View Post

@spiermackay, I don't mean to call you out, but could you please check your email? My emails have gone unanswered for weeks.

Can you pm me your order#

We've been playing catch up for a couple of weeks now with emails. We were unexpectedly slammed with a spike in order volume out of nowhere. we are nearly caught up now. But pm me your order number and I'll take a look and get it resolved.
post #4805 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

Pre-Production Sample of the 2nd group of FW sportcoats from the new factory.

 

Check out the beautiful Neapolitan shoulder. Very subtle shirring. Looks spectacular when worn.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

This particular jacket is 85% Wool/15% Cashmere in a Slate Blue Herringbone. Super soft. Jacket feel like a cardigan sweater. We will retail this for $399 CAD (Approx. $300 USD). An Absolute steal for this quality.

 

 

 

 

 

This is exactly how I like the shoulders on my odd jackets to look. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

post #4806 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

Pre-Production Sample of the 2nd group of FW sportcoats from the new factory.


Check out the beautiful Neapolitan shoulder. Very subtle shirring. Looks spectacular when worn.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

This particular jacket is 85% Wool/15% Cashmere in a Slate Blue Herringbone. Super soft. Jacket feel like a cardigan sweater. We will retail this for $399 CAD (Approx. $300 USD). An Absolute steal for this quality.

 

 

 

 

 

Holy crap. That is exactly how I like the shoulders on odd jackets to look. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with...

post #4807 of 6175
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post
 

 

Holy crap. That is exactly how I like the shoulders on odd jackets to look. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with...

 

I'll be sending this jacket down to the Toronto shop before the weekend. Those nearby will have an early look to see what we're up to.

post #4808 of 6175
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodledoc View Post
 


Regarding the 3 roll 2.5 model, anything green or like this?:

 

Not just yet. But once we start running this model, we'll keep adding new styles. That's a Benjamin. Great Jackets and value in their own right. We've had a few come through the shop for minor tailoring and the construction is really fantastic. I love to see smaller companies do interesting things and really change the dynamic of traditional retail.

post #4809 of 6175
Jacket looks really great. Would love to see some textured solids.
post #4810 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post


It is. And we have 48's coming!


Are these new odd jackets going to be available in 48? Do you have a size chart for 48 you can share yet?

post #4811 of 6175
Hi Rick, do you have any updates on when the Contemporary fit chinos will be at the downtown location? I'm looking to pick up two or three pairs in size 30.
post #4812 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGimpy View Post

Hi Rick, do you have any updates on when the Contemporary fit chinos will be at the downtown location? I'm looking to pick up two or three pairs in size 30.

They had them there when I dropped in on the weekend.
post #4813 of 6175
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by winghus View Post
 


Are these new odd jackets going to be available in 48? Do you have a size chart for 48 you can share yet?

 

Not yet on the first run. We want to confirm the new batch is correct before we expand in to larger sizes.

 

Specs for a 48 Contemporary Would be:

 

Chest: 50"

Waist: 45.3"

Shoulder: 19.8"

Sleeve: 26.75

Length: 31.5

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGimpy View Post

Hi Rick, do you have any updates on when the Contemporary fit chinos will be at the downtown location? I'm looking to pick up two or three pairs in size 30.

 

They are there now. But really should be tried on. We only cut approx. 100 pcs total in the contemporary as a trail. The factory botched the cut on the thigh. They are a full 1/2" smaller than what they are supposed to be. This is why they are not online.

post #4814 of 6175
Can anyone please clarify the difference between these 2 items? They both have identical descriptions but stock / size availability are different:

Navy Blue Solid - Contemporary Fit (1)

Navy Blue Solid - Contemporary Fit (2)
post #4815 of 6175
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_nostyle View Post

Can anyone please clarify the difference between these 2 items? They both have identical descriptions but stock / size availability are different:

Navy Blue Solid - Contemporary Fit (1)

Navy Blue Solid - Contemporary Fit (2)

 

One is slightly darker than the other. The one with code 001/33 is darker midnight navy. 001/34 is a brighter, more true navy.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread