Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ts(s) Riders Jacket Shirt Black 1 Last post on Yesterday at 6:24 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- SUITSUPPLY NAPOLI 38R THREAD Last post on 1/21/17 at 12:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Dolce & Gabbana Gold Elvis Silk Blazer Last post on 5/24/16 at 9:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- For Sale: Brooks Brothers 100% Wool Sportcoat 36S Last post on 4/3/16 at 11:14am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets Last post on Yesterday at 6:55 pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear: The Casual Summer WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 317post #4742 of 65087/19/16 at 1:53pmpost #4743 of 65087/19/16 at 2:28pmpost #4744 of 65087/19/16 at 2:28pmpost #4745 of 65087/19/16 at 2:29pmpost #4746 of 65087/19/16 at 2:41pmpost #4747 of 65087/19/16 at 2:43pmpost #4748 of 65087/19/16 at 2:45pm
Partly personal preference -- I don't love the shininess. But it also wears warm. It's one of the paradoxes of cloth making that summer suitings often are silk blends, even though silk is not an especially breathable fabric -- or so I'm told, at least.post #4749 of 65087/19/16 at 2:53pmQuote:
Depends. Can be made perfectly breathable, even at 100% silk. Correct terminilogy escapes me, as English is not my native language.
As for shininess, same thing, depends on the processing.
But what is special is how it drapes, and feels.
Only drawback is, you don't want to get wet in it (stay away from rain).post #4750 of 65087/19/16 at 3:45pmpost #4751 of 65087/19/16 at 4:04pmThread Starterpost #4752 of 65087/19/16 at 4:20pmpost #4753 of 65087/19/16 at 4:52pmNext town you visit the factory. Any chance with the new "Zegna" factory that they have ends of bolts available you could buy the left over stock. And run an MTM special (like your cloth overage) for sport coats and suits? I'd love to see some Asian market Zegna bought cloths and what that factory might have.post #4754 of 65087/19/16 at 6:25pmQuote:
For sport coats, I would like to see branching out into more patterns, particularly windowpane and gun check. I know it wasn't a big seller, but one of my favorite items of yours that I own was this check sport coat from a few seasons back:
There are only so many blue and brown sport coats a guy can buy. (At least without igniting the full fury of the wife.) I like that the above jacket still has navy and browns for versatility, but added in the burnt orange color for a nice pop of unusual color. I would like to see some sport coats in this vein, but maybe bringing in another more rare color like olive, burgundy, ocher, etc. as a "pop" color. As an example, a Google search pulled this up from the "Articles of Style" blog/shop:
I like this from SS too:
I dunno, just "a guy who has the basics covered" thinking aloud. I get that producing something too "out there" can mean getting stuck with overstock, but maybe a small run in a fabric with a little more personality is doable.
One more thing, I think that using a lighter button shade on the spring/summer sport coats could be cool. I know SS does this on their lighter colored jackets and it gives a cool look.post #4755 of 65087/19/16 at 6:33pm
^Those examples are all less than desirable. I am all for gunclub though.
I think you should nail down some staple fabrics that have done well in the field that you can repeat. This goes for shirts and suits. For example, your fabled camel and light gray flannel pants that are very popular around here. I feel like there is too much variety to make an informed decision for online buyers.
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › Sartoria Partenopea wool reversible blazer 50 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...