or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 303

post #4531 of 6199
Great shirts. Definitely like these more than CT shirts. Bought too many already but let a few of my friends know. Already basically replaced my wardrobe. Get in on this deal while you still can!
post #4532 of 6199
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodledoc View Post

At what time does this sale end? I don't want to make a purchase while at work.

11:59 pm EST.
post #4533 of 6199

Hey Rick,
I saw you mentioning back darts can be done at $10/shirt? Is there a "bundle" on this service? I have (roughly) 15 shirts from Spier and Mackay that can use some darting but not really keen on spending almost $200 on them.

post #4534 of 6199
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otte View Post

Hey Rick,

I saw you mentioning back darts can be done at $10/shirt? Is there a "bundle" on this service? I have (roughly) 15 shirts from Spier and Mackay that can use some darting but not really keen on spending almost $200 on them.

Unfortunately no bundles on tailoring at the moment.
post #4535 of 6199

Two of my spier&mackay shirts ripped at the right elbow after 4-5 months of use (around one wear a week), am i wearing the wrong size or is the usage too frequent? I generally am working on my desk with a computer so there is alot of bending around the elbows. But still I expected more usage as my beater Banana Republic shirts still are going on fine.

post #4536 of 6199

Thank you Canada...just bought 5 shirts.  Had been procrastinating but hey 15% got me moving.

post #4537 of 6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post


Unfortunately no bundles on tailoring at the moment.

That's fine. Guess I'll just pick and choose several shirts. Thanks!

post #4538 of 6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otte View Post

Hey Rick,

I saw you mentioning back darts can be done at $10/shirt? Is there a "bundle" on this service? I have (roughly) 15 shirts from Spier and Mackay that can use some darting but not really keen on spending almost $200 on them.

$10/shirt? I've been paying $15 at my tailor and I thought that was a good deal.
post #4539 of 6199

Here's a long shot.  I live in the US close to the Canadian border.  I'm considering ordering an S&M suit, but am a little worried about difficult international returns if it doesn't work (as haven't been able to try on anything).  

 

Does anyone know if it's possible to drive across the border to Canada, and ship from there with a US return address and just pay domestic Canadian charges?  Muchas gracias.

post #4540 of 6199
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by linsk View Post
 

Two of my spier&mackay shirts ripped at the right elbow after 4-5 months of use (around one wear a week), am i wearing the wrong size or is the usage too frequent? I generally am working on my desk with a computer so there is alot of bending around the elbows. But still I expected more usage as my beater Banana Republic shirts still are going on fine.

 

Elbow area is probably a bit snug for you. The BR shirt is probably a bit more full through the elbow. It's a fix we do in custom, add 3/8" - 1/2" at the elbow solves the problem. It's not a fabric or quality issue.

 

What size fit are you wearing in our shirts vs the BR shirts?

post #4541 of 6199
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Heat View Post
 

Here's a long shot.  I live in the US close to the Canadian border.  I'm considering ordering an S&M suit, but am a little worried about difficult international returns if it doesn't work (as haven't been able to try on anything).  

 

Does anyone know if it's possible to drive across the border to Canada, and ship from there with a US return address and just pay domestic Canadian charges?  Muchas gracias.

 

If it's your first suit purchase with us, the return is free, on us. Even from the US.

post #4542 of 6199
Edit.. Got 3 shirts. Two button downs and one English spread.

I forgot what the collar length was on the standard english spread? 3 1/4?
Edited by 7_rocket - 7/1/16 at 5:30pm
post #4543 of 6199

Looks like the promo code doesn't apply to custom shirts.  Ordered 5 custom shirts anyways as I needed some new shirts :)

post #4544 of 6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

I forgot what the collar length was on the standard english spread? 3 1/4?

I'm not sure which collar you mean as S&M doesn't use the term English Spread (perhaps you're referring to The Full Spread), but if you select the collar in question from the list in the custom shirt options, the 2nd illustration will show you the point length.

http://www.spierandmackay.com/made_to_measure_details.php
post #4545 of 6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

 

If it's your first suit purchase with us, the return is free, on us. Even from the US.

Well that certainly simplifies things.  Thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread