or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 301

post #4501 of 6193
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

 

It won't affect USA shipments, we ship through a third party carrier that uses USPS. For Canada, we are looking at Fedex Ground, UPS and Purolator to pick up the slack short term.

 

If you havn't already also drop Canpar a line, great service in Canada, less costly than some of the bigs and you actually have a sales rep you can call. 

post #4502 of 6193
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post
 

 

If you havn't already also drop Canpar a line, great service in Canada, less costly than some of the bigs and you actually have a sales rep you can call. 

 

Canpar is a good option, but they have high fees for residential delivery. They are fantastic for B2B though. But it probably doesn't hurt to talk to them now, they might adjust those fees considering the situation. Good way for them to grab some extra, be it temp, business.

post #4503 of 6193

They are less than UPS for our account and handle packages better/more careful IMO.    But I don't do residential.  

post #4504 of 6193

Heads up for linen people. I just got my pale pink linen shirt in and it's very transparent, so keep that in mind if it matters to you. I probably won't ever wear mine. The indigo linen and white linen/cotton are great though.

post #4505 of 6193

I just got the pale pink linen.  I think it's about as transparent as my other 100% linen shirts from S&M.  Par for most linen if not better IMO.  Also at last, the pink linen has a absolutely boss collar roll.  I'm convinced that my white and blue linens are pretty much defective in comparison.  I also picked up the linen/cottons in solid white and solid blue.  It's my first time with linen/cotton fabric.  I've heard good things about it, but I'm skeptical at the moment.  It has the weight of cotton which I don't like and the scratchiness and imperfect texture of linen which I don't like.  It's like the worst of both worlds.  If the texture is going to be all slubby, I'd prefer it to be extremely light weight.  I could be wrong about these shirts.  I'll have to give them a few wears and see.  The wide spread collar is dope.  I've been meaning to wear one without a tie so people can get a feel for it.  Maybe on Wednesday.  

post #4506 of 6193
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post
 

I just got the pale pink linen.  I think it's about as transparent as my other 100% linen shirts from S&M.  Par for most linen if not better IMO.  Also at last, the pink linen has a absolutely boss collar roll.  I'm convinced that my white and blue linens are pretty much defective in comparison.  I also picked up the linen/cottons in solid white and solid blue.  It's my first time with linen/cotton fabric.  I've heard good things about it, but I'm skeptical at the moment.  It has the weight of cotton which I don't like and the scratchiness and imperfect texture of linen which I don't like.  It's like the worst of both worlds.  If the texture is going to be all slubby, I'd prefer it to be extremely light weight.  I could be wrong about these shirts.  I'll have to give them a few wears and see.  The wide spread collar is dope.  I've been meaning to wear one without a tie so people can get a feel for it.  Maybe on Wednesday.  

 

The pink linen is from the same Mill and Linen group as the previous linen, so the properties are the same. Weight, weave, etc. Lighter shades of linen are always going to be more on the transparent side, especially when the weave is loose.

 

So strange about the collar. I still have to get those ironing pics up. But the collars are constructed the exact same way. Same interlining, same tailors, same sewing techniques.

 

Cotton Linen is a funny animal. The density of the cotton, will give it a more compact feel, but to get the linen to be smooth you need an extremely fine Li count. 80's or higher usually. But the trade off, it will have a silky feel but will be virtually see through.

post #4507 of 6193
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post
 

I just got the pale pink linen.  I think it's about as transparent as my other 100% linen shirts from S&M.  Par for most linen if not better IMO.  Also at last, the pink linen has a absolutely boss collar roll.  I'm convinced that my white and blue linens are pretty much defective in comparison.  I also picked up the linen/cottons in solid white and solid blue.  It's my first time with linen/cotton fabric.  I've heard good things about it, but I'm skeptical at the moment.  It has the weight of cotton which I don't like and the scratchiness and imperfect texture of linen which I don't like.  It's like the worst of both worlds.  If the texture is going to be all slubby, I'd prefer it to be extremely light weight.  I could be wrong about these shirts.  I'll have to give them a few wears and see.  The wide spread collar is dope.  I've been meaning to wear one without a tie so people can get a feel for it.  Maybe on Wednesday.  


I'm excited for the unfused full spread collar of the cotton/linens.  I got the white, light blue, and striped shirts.  The worst of both worlds comment is pretty funny.  But I've never experienced cotton/linen I would describe that way.  I'll have to wait and see.

post #4508 of 6193

Checked on site, classic fit shirts for $29 and fabric is 100% Egyptian Cotton. I must say for this kind of fabric price encourages you to buy. 

post #4509 of 6193

I thought I wouldn't like the spread on the cotton/linens but looking at it unbuttoned, I love it. I haven't tried it with a tie and may not ever wear it that way so it might not suit my face. As far as the pink linen being typical to other S&M linens, it might be, but it's a good deal more transparent than my other brand linen shirts, I can read print through it.

post #4510 of 6193

Wasn't there a navy hopsack wool jacket in the works? I was going to sell my dark blue S&M patch pocket jacket to possibly fund that item. ETA and specs? 

post #4511 of 6193

I'm wearing the linen/cotton wide spread with a tie today. :fonz:  It looks really great with a tie under a jacket as well.  I also like it unbuttoned with no jacket, but it may be an extreme look for some.  Pics later.  

post #4512 of 6193
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post

Wasn't there a navy hopsack wool jacket in the works? I was going to sell my dark blue S&M patch pocket jacket to possibly fund that item. ETA and specs? 

Being photographed today. Online by the weekend hopefully.
post #4513 of 6193
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post

Being photographed today. Online by the weekend hopefully.

Are they coming in contemporary and slim?
post #4514 of 6193
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke View Post


Are they coming in contemporary and slim?

 

Yes. Both fits. And Shorts/Longs.

post #4515 of 6193
Are the summer bengals going up this weekend too?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread