or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 295

post #4411 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post

I just grabbed one. Factory goofed the label. These are 100% Linen. Can have them tested even. But should be pretty obvious in the way they perform.

They are clearly linen, and I must say, much softer linen than my Kamakura linen shirt, which is somewhat stiff.

Anyways, it happens to the best of them. I ordered a cotton suit from Brooks Brothers and the label inside the jacket says 100% wool! The matching trousers had the correct label, though.
post #4412 of 6230

After spending a few weeks with the new linens and madras I have to admit I really love the button placement and the exclusion of the box pleat, perfect design changes to them. Thanks to the guys who suggested the clean back, honestly the fit difference is so marginal compared to having the box pleat but it is such a clean fit look without it. You guys may have converted me.

post #4413 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post

They are clearly linen, and I must say, much softer linen than my Kamakura linen shirt, which is somewhat stiff.

I noticed this too. This year's light blue linen is noticeably softer and better cut than last year's linens.
post #4414 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopicK View Post

Since we're on the topic of linens, do you guys tend to wear your linen shirts tucked or untucked? My first inclination is to wear it untucked (as it's the kind of shirt that leans casual) and the 15.5 Slim covers my buttocks entirely. At that length & given the shirt design, I'd be more inclined to tuck it in.

I'm having the same problem with their Polo shirts. I'm 6' tall, and the XL covers my rear entirely. Will probably have to return the 4 shirts I just purchased.
post #4415 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopicK View Post
 

Since we're on the topic of linens, do you guys tend to wear your linen shirts tucked or untucked? My first inclination is to wear it untucked (as it's the kind of shirt that leans casual) and the 15.5 Slim covers my buttocks entirely. At that length & given the shirt design, I'd be more inclined to tuck it in.

 

For me it depends on what I'm wearing it for and how long the shirt is. If it's stand alone without a sportcoat, then I like the untucked look to keep it more casual assuming it's not too long. Having said that, I still go both ways and have worn them untucked and tucked with both shorts and chinos. However, if it's below your butt, then there's no way I would wear it untucked.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post


They are clearly linen, and I must say, much softer linen than my Kamakura linen shirt, which is somewhat stiff.

Anyways, it happens to the best of them. I ordered a cotton suit from Brooks Brothers and the label inside the jacket says 100% wool! The matching trousers had the correct label, though.

 

I need to give these linen shirts a try. I have two Kamakura linen shirts from this spring and love them, but I agree they aren't the softest linen out there. I love both S&M and Kamakura for shirts, as the slim fit and Tokyo slim, respectively, fit me almost perfectly. I do own more shirts from S&M, however.

post #4416 of 6230
I really need to wear linen this weekend. I will try to get pics for you guys
post #4417 of 6230

Hey Rick,

 

When you have a moment, any word on when those coveted chinos might finally be up on the site? And echoing from a previous post, what colors these might be available in?

 

Thanks for taking out the time to respond to posts here regularly!

post #4418 of 6230
Just received my first linen shirt and I too got a tag that says 100% cotton. The shirt is great, but I wish the forearm was a bit roomier to allow the sleeves to be rolled. Any chance the linen will ever be available as MTM?
post #4419 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by flvinny521 View Post

Just received my first linen shirt and I too got a tag that says 100% cotton. The shirt is great, but I wish the forearm was a bit roomier to allow the sleeves to be rolled. Any chance the linen will ever be available as MTM?
I got two in m2m.
post #4420 of 6230
When do the pinpoint oxfords arrive?
When does the 3 shirt bundle pricing start again?
post #4421 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbandi View Post

When do the pinpoint oxfords arrive?
When does the 3 shirt bundle pricing start again?

Also, any update on the summer bengals?
post #4422 of 6230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGuySmooth View Post
 

Hey Rick,

 

When you have a moment, any word on when those coveted chinos might finally be up on the site? And echoing from a previous post, what colors these might be available in?

 

Thanks for taking out the time to respond to posts here regularly!

 

The khakis have been an incredible pain in the arse! Delay after delay after delay. The last update I got from the factory is everything is off the machines and in washing. Should be packed and shipped by Monday. Should be in a week after that. We received the production samples and they do look great.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flvinny521 View Post

Just received my first linen shirt and I too got a tag that says 100% cotton. The shirt is great, but I wish the forearm was a bit roomier to allow the sleeves to be rolled. Any chance the linen will ever be available as MTM?

 

The were, but all sold out. Too late in the season now to bring any more out. We do have Linen/Cotton still available.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbandi View Post

When do the pinpoint oxfords arrive?
When does the 3 shirt bundle pricing start again?

 

They are in, just being inventoried/photographed. Should be up online by next week.

3 shirt bundle in on now.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMAc7 View Post




Also, any update on the summer bengals?

 

Shipped, on way to us now.

post #4423 of 6230

5 shirt bundle deal was insane. The madras is impossibly soft, and the short sleeve navy shirts are probably the most slept on item right now. 

 

Just get another friend to go in with you. At that price, it's a no-brainer if you know your size.

post #4424 of 6230
Couldn't resist the polo deal. Added the marine blue and black so now up to 6/7 colors lol. Do I have to wait til next spring now for more colors Rick?
post #4425 of 6230


S&M mtm shirt. Some sort of spread collar
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread