Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 292

post #4366 of 7013

That's weird, the bundle pricing isn't kicking into effect.  I don't recall doing anything to it last time but adding 3 items.  Is there a way to trigger it that I'm not aware of?

I ordered all 4 linens and they are in my cart.  Just about to checkout thinking that would trigger it but it's still showing full price.

post #4367 of 7013
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kczsilence View Post

That's weird, the bundle pricing isn't kicking into effect.  I don't recall doing anything to it last time but adding 3 items.  Is there a way to trigger it that I'm not aware of?
I ordered all 4 linens and they are in my cart.  Just about to checkout thinking that would trigger it but it's still showing full price.

The bundle right now for this week is 5 shirts but save $14/shirt.

The email went out this morning.

It's buy more save more kinda deal.
post #4368 of 7013

ahh okay, then I'll look for another shirt :)

post #4369 of 7013
Thread Starter 
Guys take advantage of the shirt sale. We have extra inventory we have to burn through. We bought extra inventory thinking we could get the store open in March. That didn't happen so we have about 45 days worth of extra stock. Once it's gone we have to kick back to the regular prices.
post #4370 of 7013
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post

Guys take advantage of the shirt sale. We have extra inventory we have to burn through. We bought extra inventory thinking we could get the store open in March. That didn't happen so we have about 45 days worth of extra stock. Once it's gone we have to kick back to the regular prices.

 

Killing me with the shirt and polo bundles since I stocked up my favs already haha.

 

Are the cotton/linen OTR and new Oxfords coming soon though? The marine blue and blue stripe cotton/linens look like fantastic fabrics. I could probably make a 5 shirt bundle if they are coming soon enough.

post #4371 of 7013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post
 

Linens are back boys, better move quick

aaaand....they're gone... in 16.5 Contemporary....except for mauve.

post #4372 of 7013
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post

aaaand....they're gone... in 16.5 Contemporary....except for mauve.

I suspect the restock was only for slim fit linen shirts. I checked for contemporary linen shirts in 15.5 soon after the note was posted here and there were basically none.

On another note, as inspiration, here are some trousers I spotted from Howard Yount and Tex-Teq (a Kamakura sub-brand in Japan). I'm always looking out for trousers like these in the summer....exactly the types you would wear with a navy jacket (and S&M keep telling us that a hopsack is iminent). I don't know why lighter coloured trousers are so hard to find. What do people wear with their blazers? These all look like nicely tailored trousers, and not too-casual chinos. I want something that would fly in my not-so-casual office, where we dont all wear suits. S&M...hear my cry!

Edit: Amazing selection here as well, but so expensive:
http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/trousers.html


post #4373 of 7013

Probably holding off for the pinpoint oxford restock. I can do 3 shirts but probably not 5. Just went crazy on some raw denim over the past week so have to keep the wallet in check.

post #4374 of 7013

For casual wear, is it better to go with the contemp linens or are they oversized to begin with in hopes that it will shrink to the proper size after washing?

post #4375 of 7013
Hey guys, where's the link to the linens?
post #4376 of 7013
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerkong View Post
 

For casual wear, is it better to go with the contemp linens or are they oversized to begin with in hopes that it will shrink to the proper size after washing?

 

I found they were a hair big to begin but after a wash, line dry, and press, they fit just like my other 15.5 Contemporary shirts. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Hey guys, where's the link to the linens?

 

http://www.spierandmackay.com/search.php?srchtext=linen

post #4377 of 7013
Just bought the white and indigo linens in contemporary fit. Can't wait for them to arrive.

I was going to go with a bundle of three and pick up the blue as well but I don't want to splurge for five shirts under the new bundle arrangements. Even at $64 a piece that's a great deal.
post #4378 of 7013
Agree. Five shirts is a lot to splurge. I was thinking 3 polo and 3 shirts, don't want to spend $100 additional to make a 5 shirt bundle
post #4379 of 7013
5 shirts for roughly $200 is too much? You guys kill me sometimes....
post #4380 of 7013

I don't know if it's the cost, I've done the CT 4 for $200 before. Maybe it's just that 5 shirts is a significant bolus to most people's wardrobes. 3 at a time, or maybe 4, seems reasonable per quarter what with normal wear and tear. When you need five to tip a discount you're motivated to wait for more styles you really like to be released, or you get stuff you don't want. Then stuff runs out in your size. Better to just buy a few full price. Oh wait, hey maybe this is a great business idea! 

 

Edit: Also I do believe this is just a one week promotion. It's a really good way for people to refresh their wardrobe if they can take advantage of it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread