or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 284

post #4246 of 6187
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post

Can you PM me your name and RA number for the return.

PM sent thanks
post #4247 of 6187

Just to clarify (since it's been a while since the original conversation), a size 16 in the old madras' equals a size 15.5? 

 

Also, I noticed that the madras shirts are found under "Dress Shirts" as opposed to "Casual Shirts". I know that this is due to their sizing (collar vs alpha), but really...shouldn't they be considered casual?

post #4248 of 6187
Do the madras get made in contemporary?
post #4249 of 6187

Can anyone compare the S&M suit fits to BB Fitzgerald?  I'm a small build (36S) and the BB Fitz only requires minimal tailoring for me. 

post #4250 of 6187
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

Do the madras get made in contemporary?

 

They're on page 2 if you choose "What's New."

post #4251 of 6187

Some fit pics of the blue linen after one wash.  I don't mind the collar roll with a tie, but I find it a bit extreme unbuttoned. I think the roll would look better with the buttons moved down/out a bit.  I prefer the second pic to the first.  I think I may use this model for my future custom shirts with slightly wider shoulders, longer sleeves, and a little cleaner at the back armpit.    

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #4252 of 6187
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post
 

Some fit pics of the blue linen after one wash.  I don't mind the collar roll with a tie, but I find it a bit extreme unbuttoned. I think the roll would look better with the buttons moved down/out a bit.  I prefer the second pic to the first.  I think I may use this model for my future custom shirts with slightly wider shoulders, longer sleeves, and a little cleaner at the back armpit.    


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Honestly the collar looks amazing to me as is, I can't wait to get mine. The fit through the body is awesome on you, I agree with the small changes you could make to a custom. I am in the same boat needing just a few small tweaks based off a 15.5 Contemporary for any future MTM.

post #4253 of 6187

I didn't get a chance to score a linen shirt this time around, as my size sold out quickly. Those pics seem to demonstrate that this linen material is more suited to a "dressier" shirt than many other cheaper linen shirts, which just look far too rumpled and casual. I hope that some come back into stock, especially in white.

 

Rick, I may have missed this from a post ages ago, but can you provide some details on the materials for these fall sport coats? I've sorted out my summer SC needs for now, so something in a lighter grey flannel/tweed would meet my needs for the fall/winter.

post #4254 of 6187
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post
 

Some fit pics of the blue linen after one wash.  I don't mind the collar roll with a tie, but I find it a bit extreme unbuttoned. I think the roll would look better with the buttons moved down/out a bit.  I prefer the second pic to the first.  I think I may use this model for my future custom shirts with slightly wider shoulders, longer sleeves, and a little cleaner at the back armpit.    

 

 

 

Did you press the collar flat after laundering but before wearing? The non-fused interlining is a tiny bit stiffer than we would like, but find that after a good press, it behaves the way it should. I'll see if I can get a pic of mine later today.

post #4255 of 6187
Thread Starter 

Here is my linen shirt after 2 wash/dry cycles. The collar seems to behaving as anticipated. This is a 15.5 Contemporary OTR

 

post #4256 of 6187
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

Here is my linen shirt after 2 wash/dry cycles. The collar seems to behaving as anticipated. This is a 15.5 Contemporary OTR

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Your collar looks great.  That's what I'm looking for.  I ironed the collar flat with the collar and neck band in the same plane, but I did not iron a crease between the collar and the neck band i.e. the collar on top of the neck band.  I hung the shirt to dry.  I'm very afraid of putting it in the dryer and having the sleeves shrink.  I'll probably wear my white one this week and try to iron the collar a different way.  Thanks.  

post #4257 of 6187
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post
 

Your collar looks great.  That's what I'm looking for.  I ironed the collar flat with the collar and neck band in the same plane, but I did not iron a crease between the collar and the neck band i.e. the collar on top of the neck band.  I hung the shirt to dry.  I'm very afraid of putting it in the dryer and having the sleeves shrink.  I'll probably wear my white one this week and try to iron the collar a different way.  Thanks.  

 

I'll take a pic or video of how I normally iron them. Give me a day or so.

post #4258 of 6187
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post

Can anyone compare the S&M suit fits to BB Fitzgerald?  I'm a small build (36S) and the BB Fitz only requires minimal tailoring for me. 
I'm a 38R in Fitz and only have the waist nipped a bit. The S&M Contemporary fit is shorter than the Fitz. The armholes are higher and smaller and the waist fits perfectly without tailoring. Overall I'm happy but the Armholes are a little tighter than I'd prefer
post #4259 of 6187

@spiermackay, can you comment at all on the first 5 fabrics (106957-106961) you have pictured here from the Fresco II book? I don't know I've ever seen a 70% mohair / 30% wool blend before, although NMWA is carrying a blazer in a similar cloth right now. Do the swatches seem stiff and shiny?

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

For the Online/Email MTM, we'll start with the Hardy Minnis Fresco and see how it goes from there, seeing that is where the immediate interest is. Our pricing is pretty incredible:

 

Full Suit, 2 Piece, Half Canvas: $895 CAD (approx. $715 USD at current exchange)

Jacket $695 CAD (approx. $555 USD)

Trouser: $325 CAD (approx. $260 USD)

 

Again, the fit is based on the Model 2 (both slim and contemporary), You would advise the necessary adjustments off that fit.

 

The Customization is pretty open, but to simplify, I'll put up a fairly extensive list of common options.

 

Ignore these phone pics, I'll get proper colour corrected pics up in a day or so.

 

 

 


Edited by Siepi - 5/23/16 at 3:52pm
post #4260 of 6187
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedstate View Post

I'm a 38R in Fitz and only have the waist nipped a bit. The S&M Contemporary fit is shorter than the Fitz. The armholes are higher and smaller and the waist fits perfectly without tailoring. Overall I'm happy but the Armholes are a little tighter than I'd prefer

On a similar note I'm a 42 long in the Fitzp. I usually take a bit of waist suppression. Would you go contemporary or slim fit on the S & M suit.? Thanks dont mean to hijack
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread