or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 278

post #4156 of 6165
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke View Post


Rick - any eta for the new warm weather chinos?

 

They are just in washing. Should be leaving the factory by end of this week. Hopefully be here a week after that.

post #4157 of 6165
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke View Post


Rick - any eta for the new warm weather chinos?

 

They are just in washing. Should leave the factory by the end of this week. Hopefully be in about a week after that.

post #4158 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post
 

Quick fit pic of the new custom SC I received last week.   Sleeves need to be let out.   Might take in the sides a hair more, might not.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Very nice, the fit around the shoulder and the sleeve pitch seem on point. One might argue the chest appears a tad tight (as the lapels seem to bow slightly instead of laying flat on the pectorals) but this might be caused by the erect posture in the picture?
 
Also, are the slightly more closed quarters a personal choice or how the jacket was made?
post #4159 of 6165

I usually have an issue with bowed lapels, and normally only 1 side of my chest.  

It must be a shoulder to chest relation.  Happens in a lot of jackets I try OTR.  S&M, Southwick, LBM, all bow on me.    The chest isn't tight on this, there is some room in it.  

 

Quarters are more closed than my OTR S&M jacket (36R Contemp. with an opened waist by 1 - 1.5").  I'm guessing nipping the midsection a bit will open them up slightly.  

Jacket just came out this way. I do wish they were more open but I think they will be when I move the waist in a bit. 

 

 

Its my first MTM piece from S&M.  So when Rick and I have some time we'll see if his tailor can tweak a few more things on it.  Usually we talk things over, but I had to grab it and go as I had a flight to catch.   

post #4160 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post
 

I usually have an issue with bowed lapels, and normally only 1 side of my chest.  

It must be a shoulder to chest relation.  Happens in a lot of jackets I try OTR.  S&M, Southwick, LBM, all bow on me.    The chest isn't tight on this, there is some room in it.  

 

Quarters are more closed than my OTR S&M jacket (36R Contemp. with an opened waist by 1 - 1.5").  I'm guessing nipping the midsection a bit will open them up slightly.  

Jacket just came out this way. I do wish they were more open but I think they will be when I move the waist in a bit. 

 

 

Its my first MTM piece from S&M.  So when Rick and I have some time we'll see if his tailor can tweak a few more things on it.  Usually we talk things over, but I had to grab it and go as I had a flight to catch.   


It's all good! Wish I would be a Toronto local to have a fitting in person at S&M and subsequent followings. It must be easier to nail a fit this way than over email and robopose pictures. 

post #4161 of 6165

Rick - whats on tap for summer trousers?  

post #4162 of 6165
Speaking of trousers, what colors will the chinos be available in? Also, will they be akin to BB Advantage chinos? I wear a pair to work sometimes and they look neat and hold a crease. I have a pair of the older S&M chinos, which I'm wearing quite a lot outside of work, but are not really suitable to wear to my office with a nice shirt, tie and blazer.
post #4163 of 6165
I hope they're not like the BB chinos. Those suck ass with their fraying and ripped seams like all of BB's non-iron junk.
post #4164 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post

I hope they're not like the BB chinos. Those suck ass with their fraying and ripped seams like all of BB's non-iron junk.

I was referring more to the formality of the bb chinos, and not their non-iron-ness. In their defense, my 1 pair of Advantage Chinos have been worn a ton and they still look brand new.
post #4165 of 6165

Full Spread Donland Chambray

post #4166 of 6165
I wore the two linen shirts on vacation. Loved them, I got the white and purple. Will post pictures when it really warms up in Toronto
post #4167 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

I wore the two linen shirts on vacation. Loved them, I got the white and purple. Will post pictures when it really warms up in Toronto

 

Nice, looking forward to getting mine but they are on hold until I see and decide which new madras to pick up.

post #4168 of 6165
@dazedstate contemporary.
post #4169 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by losrockets View Post

@dazedstate contemporary.
Thank you. Looks great
post #4170 of 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

I wore the two linen shirts on vacation. Loved them, I got the white and purple. Will post pictures when it really warms up in Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Nice, looking forward to getting mine but they are on hold until I see and decide which new madras to pick up.

I picked up a couple of these last week but haven't worn them yet. In person, the indigo is gorgeous; I didn't think it would work but it could be my favourite of the bunch.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread