or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 256

post #3826 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

What's the interest in 100% Cotton Basic T-Shirts? High Quality, consistent staples?

 

I know places like Gap have fallen off the map in terms of quality. Uniqlo has become hit or miss, or they poly blend.

 

If we can get a moderate V-neck, I'm in.

post #3827 of 6172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flvinny521 View Post
 

 

Thanks for the update. I wear 16 neck, and we're about the same height, but my chest is larger and I'm about 10 pounds heavier. The chest measurement on the large is what concerns me, I may have to size up, but then the waist might be too big. I'll keep my eyes open for them to come back in stock. If I make an order before my custom shirt is delivered, can you combine shipping?

 

That is not a problem to combine them. Honestly, you should be fine in the L.

post #3828 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

What's the interest in 100% Cotton Basic T-Shirts? High Quality, consistent staples?

 

I know places like Gap have fallen off the map in terms of quality. Uniqlo has become hit or miss, or they poly blend.

Epaulet made an amazing supima cotton V-Neck for a while that they now discontinued. Generally interested but subdued colors, soft and thin yet durable. Realistically though I don't need any additional t-shirts. 

post #3829 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post

What's the interest in 100% Cotton Basic T-Shirts? High Quality, consistent staples?

I know places like Gap have fallen off the map in terms of quality. Uniqlo has become hit or miss, or they poly blend.

Price? I get my Basic T shirts at Express. Shows my build really well smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
post #3830 of 6172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post


Price? I get my Basic T shirts at Express. Shows my build really well smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

 

$15 - $16 CAD range. Soft, Medium weight. I had prototypes made up a few years ago that I still wear, must have been washed over 100 times and still look great.

post #3831 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

What's the interest in 100% Cotton Basic T-Shirts? High Quality, consistent staples?

 

I know places like Gap have fallen off the map in terms of quality. Uniqlo has become hit or miss, or they poly blend.

 

Can you guys make Henleys...? (looking around for basic henleys...)

post #3832 of 6172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud82 View Post
 

 

Can you guys make Henleys...? (looking around for basic henleys...)

 

We can, but if we start this, we'll just start with basic t's.

post #3833 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

 

New Polos should be here by next week. They run a bit on the slim side. but as they are knit, you only need about 1"- 2" extra room from your actual chest. For example if you have a 39" chest, the M, with a 40" chest fits fine. If you want extra room, size up to the L.

 

I personally wear a 15.5 Contemporary in the OTR Shirts, I'm on the chubby side for anyone who knows me, and wear a M in the Polos, though I should probably start wearing the L, haha. I'm 5'7" 175 lbs, 40" chest.

 

I think I asked but have you been able to compare the fit of the new polos vs the old? I am sure I will just stick with the large though because of my 41" chest

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

What's the interest in 100% Cotton Basic T-Shirts? High Quality, consistent staples?

 

I know places like Gap have fallen off the map in terms of quality. Uniqlo has become hit or miss, or they poly blend.

 

Would highly be interested in tees, in fact I have recently fallen in love with the Gustin tees after they sent me a free one. I can't bring myself to back anything because of the shipping costs, no combined shipping, and poor dollar.

 

Crew neck regular and pocket tees would be my requests, staple colors with a few fun colors. White, black, ivory, olive, navy, heather grey (preferably a triblend).

 

Currently eyeing this pack: https://www.weargustin.com/store/3305

 

I love the Gustin fit, which would be the determining factor as with any garment.

 

 

Gustin Tee Fit. Medium (5'9" 180lbs, 41" chest) (Click to show)
post #3834 of 6172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

I think I asked but have you been able to compare the fit of the new polos vs the old? I am sure I will just stick with the large though because of my 41" chest

 

 

Would highly be interested in tees, in fact I have recently fallen in love with the Gustin tees after they sent me a free one. I can't bring myself to back anything because of the shipping costs, no combined shipping, and poor dollar.

 

Crew neck regular and pocket tees would be my requests, staple colors with a few fun colors. White, black, ivory, olive, navy, heather grey (preferably a triblend).

 

Currently eyeing this pack: https://www.weargustin.com/store/3305

 

Fit of the Polos are pretty much the same. Chest was opened only by 1 cm, other than that, identical fit.

 

When I first ventured into apparel back in 2002, my first venture was into T-Shirts, so I have a good knowledge base on the process to bring a pretty great T to the market. I'm just trying to see if there is a void in the market that we can fill. Again, we're all about quality/value ratio being really high.

post #3835 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

 

Fit of the Polos are pretty much the same. Chest was opened only by 1 cm, other than that, identical fit.

 

When I first ventured into apparel back in 2002, my first venture was into T-Shirts, so I have a good knowledge base on the process to bring a pretty great T to the market. I'm just trying to see if there is a void in the market that we can fill. Again, we're all about quality/value ratio being really high.

 

Hmm, kind of makes me want to try the Medium this go around since the shoulder and waist would fit better. I guess I could always order both and keep the ones that works best.

 

I think the US customers are maybe getting their fill from Gustin, Taylor Stitch, Epaulet etc. I do think the Canadians could benefit. The Gustin pack I posted works out to about $25 CAD a shirt shipped.

post #3836 of 6172
I just reloaded w Uniqlo and Gustin tees (mostly the former, I like the fit, shorter sleeves) but there's always room for another Heather gray v, especially if its not some stubby shallow v. May be good for the Canadian customers though. Saw something about you considering doing your own shoes... Can you elaborate on the decision/details? Tbh from your target price they're probably not right for me or a lot of the SF base so this sounds like a Canadian market choice?
post #3837 of 6172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by losrockets View Post

I just reloaded w Uniqlo and Gustin tees (mostly the former, I like the fit, shorter sleeves) but there's always room for another Heather gray v, especially if its not some stubby shallow v. May be good for the Canadian customers though. Saw something about you considering doing your own shoes... Can you elaborate on the decision/details? Tbh from your target price they're probably not right for me or a lot of the SF base so this sounds like a Canadian market choice?

 

Shoes wouldn't really be for the SF'ers. But we have a tonne (Canadian Spelling) of Customers that have poor shoe game and don't know where to turn for a decent shoe. AE and Loding are really the only thing that is decent, and most don't even know about Loding.  We're trying for a high quality calf, goodyear welted shoe in the $350 CAD range.

 

We've been looking for a good supplier for a while now, but haven't found anything solid. We have a really good lead right now with a Portuguese makerr, so we'll see how the sample turns out.

post #3838 of 6172
Chiming in with interest in Ts.
post #3839 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

 

Shoes wouldn't really be for the SF'ers. But we have a tonne (Canadian Spelling) of Customers that have poor shoe game and don't know where to turn for a decent shoe. AE and Loding are really the only thing that is decent, and most don't even know about Loding.  We're trying for a high quality calf, goodyear welted shoe in the $350 CAD range.

 

We've been looking for a good supplier for a while now, but haven't found anything solid. We have a really good lead right now with a Portuguese makerr, so we'll see how the sample turns out.

 

The $2-300 range in shoes is really a wasteland for those of us in North America. The only brand I can think of that I have recommended is Jack Erwin, and those hover around $200 USD. I hesitate to recommend Meermin just because of the haphazard quality control and problems with returns. Just like the OCBDs, if you find something that is solid quality in this pricerange, you may be on to something. 

post #3840 of 6172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
 

 

The $2-300 range in shoes is really a wasteland for those of us in North America. The only brand I can think of that I have recommended is Jack Erwin, and those hover around $200 USD. I hesitate to recommend Meermin just because of the haphazard quality control and problems with returns. Just like the OCBDs, if you find something that is solid quality in this pricerange, you may be on to something. 

 

That's the idea. There really isn't anything good to be had for a moderate price. But we won't do it unless we can get it 100% right.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread