Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ts(s) Riders Jacket Shirt Black 1 Last post on 1/22/17 at 6:24pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- SUITSUPPLY NAPOLI 38R THREAD **PRICE DROPS** Last post on 2/13/17 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Dolce & Gabbana Gold Elvis Silk Blazer Last post on 5/24/16 at 9:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- For Sale: Brooks Brothers 100% Wool Sportcoat 36S Last post on 4/3/16 at 11:14am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets Last post on Yesterday at 11:54 am in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear: The Casual Summer WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 236post #3526 of 70243/23/16 at 5:50ampost #3527 of 70243/23/16 at 7:56amThread Starterpost #3528 of 70243/23/16 at 8:07amQuote:Originally Posted by spiermackay
We're trying for both, but to get good quality in quantities and price we need to be at is really difficult. We can easily get denim from Albiate, but it would be more expensive than any shirts we currently offer, which really makes no sense. We are thinking of commissioning our own Denim and Chambray like we did for the Oxfords, but nothing has be set yet.
Doooo iiiiitt.... At least you have one vote.post #3529 of 70243/23/16 at 8:11amThread Starterpost #3530 of 70243/23/16 at 8:15ampost #3531 of 70243/23/16 at 8:17am
Sorry for the poor pic, really need a new phone at the moment.
Wearing the burgundy oxford for the second time. I have two other light blue oxfords from Bonobos and Proper Cloth but I love the fabric on these so much I think I need the light blue too. I only originally bought burgundy and ocean blue.
+1 on the Chambray and possibly the Denim. Would want button down collars on those too.
I never really considered a denim shirt but Proper Cloth did a few preorders in washed denim that ended up being very popular.
Edited by Burzan - 3/23/16 at 9:12ampost #3532 of 70243/23/16 at 8:26ampost #3533 of 70243/23/16 at 8:30ampost #3534 of 70243/23/16 at 8:41amQuote:
I'll go against the grain and check Full Spread. I like a good BD collar, don't get me wrong, but I love the collar on my 2 T. Monti linens from last year, and they used a Full Spread (if my memory serves right).
As said below, no box pleat (nor side pleats either) and no chest pocket. Bare as can be.Quote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Quick shot of the white slim fit OCBD today. Better pics later.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Supposedly the same shirt as my light blue slim fit, but I like the collar on this one better. Maybe it's just the tie.
Quintessential Ivy-league look, this tie and shirt combo! Like you say, the collar doesn't look like the one I have?Quote:
I agree with no pleats nor chest pocket.post #3535 of 70243/23/16 at 8:46amQuote:
I think of linen, especially if 100% as summer/warm weather. In that case, top two buttons will be undone, and I'm indifferent as to whether button-down or not is better. I prefer a simple front (no pleat) to keep it a clean look but prefer a front pocket for my sunglasses, etc.
What's more important to me, is avoiding formal patterns such as stripes, and more checks, madras, or other interesting patterns.post #3536 of 70243/23/16 at 8:50am
Thanks for the pic. The collar on that one isn't bad but personally I think I prefer the blue one better. That one doesn't seem to have as much roll to it, whereas the blue curves nicely. Either way, I'm going to give these shirts a go after I move. The price is too good not to.
Quote:post #3537 of 70243/23/16 at 9:11am
Sorry guys, if I am getting a linen shirt I am not getting a super plain, no front pocket, spread collar. I don't want to look like I am on vacation in Mexico. I do think a plain front and maybe band collar would look great on a popover.
Something like this but in a high quality fabric and construction is just right for my summertime shorts and chinos needs. I could ditch the pocket if people prefer but I do like it for my shades. I hate hanging shades on the buttons, looks obnoxious.post #3538 of 70243/23/16 at 9:20ampost #3539 of 70243/23/16 at 9:52am
I'd go for a couple with band collars and even some popovers. But I'll likely go custom on these, so please the masses.
Button down on linen is just so-so. Often they are lifeless and droopy, Rick you'll have to work your magic on the collar internals so the collar has some shape, but isn't overly constructed. Tough task as most linen buttons downs are stapled to the neck with zero shape.post #3540 of 70243/23/16 at 10:09am
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Sexy Brunello Cucinelli Safari Jacket 50 Wool 1 minute ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 9 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 15 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...