or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 232

post #3466 of 6228
Hi,

For you guys who have ordered shirts using the MTM program, was it possible to include a note similar to: "please use same measurements as your OTR size 'X' but add/substract 'Y' amount here and there, etc." Or do you have to input actual measurements in the required fields? Their OTR fits me really well, except for the collar, which is 3/4" too big. Thus, I can wear their shirts casually, but not with a tie.

Also, is it possible to give specific specs for the collars (similar to Luxire) or are we required to choose from their list? I feel none of them is voluminous enough (in term of collar point length).

Thank you!
post #3467 of 6228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post

Hi,

For you guys who have ordered shirts using the MTM program, was it possible to include a note similar to: "please use same measurements as your OTR size 'X' but add/substract 'Y' amount here and there, etc." Or do you have to input actual measurements in the required fields? Their OTR fits me really well, except for the collar, which is 3/4" too big. Thus, I can wear their shirts casually, but not with a tie.

Also, is it possible to give specific specs for the collars (similar to Luxire) or are we required to choose from their list? I feel none of them is voluminous enough (in term of collar point length).

Thank you!

Yes to both. You can just plug in dummy numbers in the order measurements and advise the changes in the notes at checkout.
post #3468 of 6228

Speaking about MTM measurements. If we've ordered multiple times, the next order will be based on the last measurements by default right? Including alterations/adjustments after production? This is strictly speaking about everything that can be measured and not other non-quantitative preferences.

A suggestion, why don't you guys pre-wash all the fabrics to reduce the shrinkage factor even more? If not, is it possible to request this on a custom order? Although asking every single time is kind of moot and could be disastrous on the times we forget.

post #3469 of 6228
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post


Yes to both. You can just plug in dummy numbers in the order measurements and advise the changes in the notes at checkout.


Thank you!

post #3470 of 6228
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

I'm in Markham and I guess since I'm used to driving. 30 mins doesn't really bother me, but I can see the city guys having an issue.

Oh and for those who happen to go on Saturday. I find that you either go really early or after 2.30pm. Otherwise it's pretty busy.

 

Thanks, that's helpful as I plan to go Saturday with a couple buddies.

post #3471 of 6228
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post

Hi,

For you guys who have ordered shirts using the MTM program, was it possible to include a note similar to: "please use same measurements as your OTR size 'X' but add/substract 'Y' amount here and there, etc." Or do you have to input actual measurements in the required fields? Their OTR fits me really well, except for the collar, which is 3/4" too big. Thus, I can wear their shirts casually, but not with a tie.

Also, is it possible to give specific specs for the collars (similar to Luxire) or are we required to choose from their list? I feel none of them is voluminous enough (in term of collar point length).

Thank you!


I basically told them:

add 1/2" chest

minus 1/2" sleeves

minus 1/2" cuffs

 

It came out well.  The measurements were very minimal adjustments though.

post #3472 of 6228
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofdreams View Post
 

 

I got some of these custom (extreme spread).  They are very wide.  A true cutaway.  


I would love to see photos of these being worn casually without a tie.  I am looking for a collar other than button-down which will look decent without a tie.  Perhaps the extreme spread collar will do the trick.  Photos would be greatly appreciated. 

post #3473 of 6228
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaidog View Post
 


I would love to see photos of these being worn casually without a tie.  I am looking for a collar other than button-down which will look decent without a tie.  Perhaps the extreme spread collar will do the trick.  Photos would be greatly appreciated. 

 

SF will tell you that is ill advised.   I wear the current full spread without a tie, but can't find a picture at the moment.  The semi spread is likely the best dual purpose collar if you are not looking for a button down.  

 

 

 

On another note, I stopped by yesterday and saw/tried on the new OCBD's.  They are remarkable, especially for the $.  Buy them if you need any OCBD's.  You won't be sorry.

post #3474 of 6228
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post
 

 

SF will tell you that is ill advised.   I wear the current full spread without a tie, but can't find a picture at the moment.  The semi spread is likely the best dual purpose collar if you are not looking for a button down.  

 

 

 

On another note, I stopped by yesterday and saw/tried on the new OCBD's.  They are remarkable, especially for the $.  Buy them if you need any OCBD's.  You won't be sorry.


I have trouble wearing some of my spread collar shirts without at tie.  The collars end up either being too wide and don't look good or don't lay flat against my chest.  Thought that both these problems would be alleviated with the extreme spread.  Also, I'd like to see pics of various SM shirt collars without ties if anyone cares to post some.

post #3475 of 6228
I wear their default spread without a tie all the time. Looks fine with a crew neck sweater. Don't do it with a v neck though

I'll try to get pictures next week
post #3476 of 6228
I ordered my custom S&M shirts with the semi spread adjusted to 3.25" point length. Great with a tie and under a jacket but would not wear them tieless. I think a cutaway would look better, almost like a polo shirt collar. Having said that, all my "casual" (meaning worn with no tie) shirts have button down collars. Tieless spread collars look too Joe Average to me nowadays...apologies for the bias.
post #3477 of 6228
Could you share the sizing / measurements for you 46 tall suits. Don't see them on the sizing chart.

Thanks
post #3478 of 6228
When are the new polos dropping? The dress collar polos looks great and cannot wait to see what other colors you did up in each line.

Were any fit adjustments made to the new polos compared to the originals?
post #3479 of 6228


White Shirt

 

Tried searching this thread, but didn't have any luck.  I'm looking for advice on an S&M MTM white shirt fabric for a casual shirt. I'm looking for something thicker than a fine dress shirt material, but also thinner than an oxford material.  I'd also like the fabric to be fairly opaque.  Any suggestions?

post #3480 of 6228
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaidog View Post
 


White Shirt

 

Tried searching this thread, but didn't have any luck.  I'm looking for advice on an S&M MTM white shirt fabric for a casual shirt. I'm looking for something thicker than a fine dress shirt material, but also thinner than an oxford material.  I'd also like the fabric to be fairly opaque.  Any suggestions?

 

Maybe a fine twill? (or one of the thinner oxford like pinpoint oxford?)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread