or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 222

post #3316 of 6230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post
 

To be expected, I suppose. 

 

Any expected opening date? I am waiting to order 3 shirts once you are a block from my house...

 

Also, will the new round of fully-canvassed suits, described in this post, be available? 

 

Hopefully the first week of April for the soft launch.

 

Fully canvas has been pushed back until Fall. With the insane, rapid drop of the CAD, it was difficult to commit the the up front cost with everything going on right now. I'm actually visiting the Full Canvas factory next week to final the details and place the order.

post #3317 of 6230
Can anybody differentiate between the OTR shirts with white tags vs black tags? Is one an older version? Are the cuts different?

Also, are all the current suits the "Contemporary 2" cut in the sizing chart? Specifically, I'm looking at the solid navy in 42S.
post #3318 of 6230
Thread Starter 

Madras and Cotton/Linen are available in custom now:

 

http://www.spierandmackay.com/made_to_measure.php

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #3319 of 6230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flvinny521 View Post

Can anybody differentiate between the OTR shirts with white tags vs black tags? Is one an older version? Are the cuts different?

Also, are all the current suits the "Contemporary 2" cut in the sizing chart? Specifically, I'm looking at the solid navy in 42S.

 

the black tags are an older version. New black label shirts are coming this month. Cuts are the same, the difference is the cloth.

 

 

The Contemporary - Model 2 is the correct chart you want to look at.

post #3320 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

Madras and Cotton/Linen are available in custom now:

 

http://www.spierandmackay.com/made_to_measure.php

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nice! will the madras be made for OTR or only custom this year?

 

Navy & White, Red & Green, and Red & Navy are repeats from last year correct?

post #3321 of 6230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

 

Nice! will the madras be made for OTR or only custom this year?

 

Navy & White, Red & Green, and Red & Navy are repeats from last year correct?

 

Both. OTR will release Mid April.

 

Only the Red/Green & Red/Navy are repeats from last year. The other 4 are fresh.

post #3322 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

 

Both. OTR will release Mid April.

 

Only the Red/Green & Red/Navy are repeats from last year. The other 4 are fresh.

 

The Navy/White and the Orange ones have me very interested in adding more madras to my collection. I bought the size 16 madras last year as you mentioned they shrunk in production and they worked out great without having to go custom. I will try the 15.5 this year on the upcoming oxfords and the madras as with the added sleeve length this year that might be best.

 

anything new is 35" sleeves on the 15.5 (slim or contemp) correct?, size chart still says otherwise.\

 

 

Actually looks like a 15.5 comtemp might be good for me to try, I have been looking slim for OTR since I am slim with most other brands.These were from my last round of customs.

 

Collar/neck : 15.5 (in.)
Chest : 23 (in.) Could be brought in a bit
Waist : 20.50 (in.)
Hip : 21.75 (in.)
Shoulder : 18.5 (in.)
Sleeve : 35.75 (in.)
Cuff : 9.25 (in.)
Length : 30.5 (in.) 
Armhole : 10.25 (in.)
Bicep : 8.25 (in.)


Edited by Burzan - 2/26/16 at 12:06pm
post #3323 of 6230

Just picked up my re-made shirt and the other two that were part of my balance from the post office. Here are some pics. These photos don't do any justice to the collars, but in real-life they look good. The pinpoint oxford material on the spread collar shirts were listed as indigo and pink. The pink is especially nice, and I would recommend it if you are looking for a staple pale pink dress shirt. 

 

The sizing came out amazing. I haven't washed them yet, but from experience I can tell these are going to be pretty well perfect in size. A couple of years ago I vowed not to buy any dress shirts other than Kamakura. Thanks to the lack of selection in their NY Slim Fit I have ventured into S&M, and unless something unique comes out of the Kamakura camp, it looks like I'll be placing orders of 3 S&M shirts at a time 2 or 3 times a year. This could be addictive.

 

With the button down collar shirt, it was impossible to know how wide the stripes would be, since there is no point of reference.

 

Rick - perhaps in future photos a shirt button could be placed on the fabric. That's all I'd need to understand how wide any stripes would be. Having said that, I really like the stripes on this one and it would make a nice spread collar shirt also. 

 

 

 

 

post #3324 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post
 

 

Is this badassery every coming back? If so, can you set aside a length of the one with the flecks for me?

Fleck is gone, had an order for it in but got an e-mail saying it was out :(.

post #3325 of 6230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post

Fleck is gone, had an order for it in but got an e-mail saying it was out frown.gif.

Trying desperately to get a hold of some. We're checking with several distributors as well as a few mills evey other week to see if any becomes available.
post #3326 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post


Trying desperately to get a hold of some. We're checking with several distributors as well as a few mills evey other week to see if any becomes available.

I look forward to it!

post #3327 of 6230
The lack of availability of staple shirts in my size (16) is incredibly off-putting. There are at least 4 shirts I would buy, but are sold-out in size 16. Compounding the matter is the asinine functionality of the "refine search" feature of the website. If I filter search results by size and select "16", I expect to see only shirts which are in stock, available for immediate purchase in that size. But instead, it shows all shirts which are made in size 16--whether or not they are in stock. This is virtually all the shirts, so refining a search in this regard is basically useless.

I could overlook these issues with a brand-new startup company, but Spier & Mackay has been around since 2009, right? Get your act together, please. smile.gif
post #3328 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaone View Post

The lack of availability of staple shirts in my size (16) is incredibly off-putting. There are at least 4 shirts I would buy, but are sold-out in size 16. Compounding the matter is the asinine functionality of the "refine search" feature of the website. If I filter search results by size and select "16", I expect to see only shirts which are in stock, available for immediate purchase in that size. But instead, it shows all shirts which are made in size 16--whether or not they are in stock. This is virtually all the shirts, so refining a search in this regard is basically useless.

I could overlook these issues with a brand-new startup company, but Spier & Mackay has been around since 2009, right? Get your act together, please. smile.gif

 

I would check your browser. The search functionality works fine on my end. I just did a search of size 16 and all the shirts I checked appeared to be in stock. I've never encountered such an issue with the site.

post #3329 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaone View Post

The lack of availability of staple shirts in my size (16) is incredibly off-putting. There are at least 4 shirts I would buy, but are sold-out in size 16. Compounding the matter is the asinine functionality of the "refine search" feature of the website. If I filter search results by size and select "16", I expect to see only shirts which are in stock, available for immediate purchase in that size. But instead, it shows all shirts which are made in size 16--whether or not they are in stock. This is virtually all the shirts, so refining a search in this regard is basically useless.

I could overlook these issues with a brand-new startup company, but Spier & Mackay has been around since 2009, right? Get your act together, please. smile.gif

I have never experienced the filter problem. My only problem with the filter is sometimes it is slower than I would like. When I filter 15.5 slim only shirts available in that size show up.

As far as inventory, I continually check back. Their staples sell out quick. They also get new arrivals somewhat frequently.

Overall they are the best value your going to find. They have their faults, which I attribute to them being a relatively small company. These minor faults don't bother me.
post #3330 of 6230
I assume the pre sale suits are final sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread