or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 218

post #3256 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by flvinny521 View Post

Here are some pics of a RTW contemporary fit shirt. Any suggestions on adjustments for my first S&M MTM shirt? I plan on the MTM shirt being a formal shirt to be worn with a suit, not a casual one like in the photos.

My thoughts:

Slim the upper sleeves
Cuffs slightly narrower
Shoulder corrected for forward/sloping
Add 0.5" to the back panel waist, then add darts?

This is probably the closest to a well-fitting shirt I've found RTW. Unfortunately, I also found some pretty noticeable mistakes with the stitching on this shirt, which will put me off from ordering any more if the MTM example is similar.

Tough to tell from the small pics but looks like the sleeves could probably be a tad shorter as they appear to blouse a bit around the wrists and forearm.

I think posting larger pics would be helpful in terms of assessing the fit.
post #3257 of 6172
Thread Starter 

Here are 4 of the new suits for spring summer. These will be in the first release.

 

 

Lt. Grey Prince of Wales Check (has a very subtle blue check running through it)

Ocean Blue Solid

 

Steel Blue Sharkskin

 

Marine Blue Solid

post #3258 of 6172
Nice options!!
post #3259 of 6172
These look great Rick!
post #3260 of 6172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by losrockets View Post
 

 

I so don't need this right now! Really excited!!

Oh also a Q re: the RTW linen shirts - are you slimming the cut compared to last year or taking the same cut on them? IIRC they fit a little baggy compared to your typical dress shirts. I may end up going the MTM route to get them cut exactly to your contemporary fit standards if that's the case.

 

They are supposed to be to the same specs as our regular OTR shirts, but I think because of the loose weave the finished garment came out a bit different. We're going to get a few mocks done beforehand so we can set the pattern right before we put these new ones into production.

post #3261 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie411 View Post
 
 

Tough to tell from the small pics but looks like the sleeves could probably be a tad shorter as they appear to blouse a bit around the wrists and forearm.

I think posting larger pics would be helpful in terms of assessing the fit.

 

 

Apologies, I thought I had linked them in such a way that clicking would show a much larger image. Let's try again. Clicking should still enlarge them a bit.

 

post #3262 of 6172
Will those be available in 48L?
post #3263 of 6172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

Will those be available in 48L?

 

Unfortunately not. It's a struggle to meet the factory minimums as is at the moment, we couldn't even run the 48R that we wanted.

 

We can MTO it though.

post #3264 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post

Unfortunately not. It's a struggle to meet the factory minimums as is at the moment, we couldn't even run the 48R that we wanted.

We can MTO it though.

Dang it. Is there a rule that you need so many of whatever size to make an order in that size?
post #3265 of 6172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post


Dang it. Is there a rule that you need so many of whatever size to make an order in that size?

 

Yes, it's 10 pcs/size/colour as the factory minimum. That is what is required for them to justify the production in their eyes. If you do less, you start paying pretty high surcharges. European factories will do smaller quantities, but prices are significantly higher. Some Chinese factories are slowly starting to shift and produce smaller minimums, but compensate that by having a total minimum order size. Economies of scale is really the only way you can catch a break. BUT we've been increasing our order sizes over the past few cuts, so hopefully by the time we start doing some fill in orders, we can start adding more sizes.

post #3266 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post

Yes, it's 10 pcs/size/colour as the factory minimum. That is what is required for them to justify the production in their eyes. If you do less, you start paying pretty high surcharges. European factories will do smaller quantities, but prices are significantly higher. Some Chinese factories are slowly starting to shift and produce smaller minimums, but compensate that by having a total minimum order size. Economies of scale is really the only way you can catch a break. BUT we've been increasing our order sizes over the past few cuts, so hopefully by the time we start doing some fill in orders, we can start adding more sizes.

*cough* 42S.
post #3267 of 6172
Thread Starter 
Quote:

Originally Posted by flvinny521 View Post





*cough* 42S.



 



That should be there.

post #3268 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by flvinny521 View Post





*cough* 42S.



 



That should be there.


When I navigate to "suiting" and filter by 42S, only a solid navy is listed.
post #3269 of 6172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flvinny521 View Post


When I navigate to "suiting" and filter by 42S, only a solid navy is listed.

 

These new ones are not in yet. Should be available for Pre-Sale in a day or so. Expected to ship first week of March.

post #3270 of 6172
So nothing in 48l yet?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread