or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 212

post #3166 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

 

New oxfords are almost set to ship. Madras we already booked the fabric, should be in April. Flannel trousers are still a go. Most probably in 5-6 colours. We're most likely going with the proper heavy 350 gsm weight flannel.

 

Awesome news all around! 

post #3167 of 6207

I am pretty excited for oxfords.  I really like the Madras I picked up last year, it is a great casual shirt

 

Will flannels be available next fall? Earlier?  

post #3168 of 6207
Rick, when will you start looking at suiting fabrics for next F/W?

I'd love to see both a navy flannel windowpane and navy flannel chalk-stripe!
post #3169 of 6207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie411 View Post

Rick, when will you start looking at suiting fabrics for next F/W?

I'd love to see both a navy flannel windowpane and navy flannel chalk-stripe!

 

We're already working on it. Already selected a Navy Flannel Windowpane. Still looking for a good chalk-stripe, we found a couple, but not in love with them.

post #3170 of 6207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bism416 View Post
 

I am pretty excited for oxfords.  I really like the Madras I picked up last year, it is a great casual shirt

 

Will flannels be available next fall? Earlier?  

 

Flannels will be next fall. Early to Mid October.

post #3171 of 6207
Thread Starter 

These are the burgundy flannels we're debating. We're leaning to C61. It's a much richer red and better than this pic.

 

Also looking at adding an interesting blue (besides navy) C41 is what we're leaning towards.

 

 

 

Also, basic Navy, Mid Gray, Charcoal, and a Camel/Light Brown shade.

post #3172 of 6207

Camel flannel would be amazing.  I missed the boat on some others I was looking at.

post #3173 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

These are the burgundy flannels we're debating. We're leaning to C61. It's a much richer red and better than this pic.

 

Also looking at adding an interesting blue (besides navy) C41 is what we're leaning towards.

 

 

 

Also, basic Navy, Mid Gray, Charcoal, and a Camel/Light Brown shade.

 

 

Oh my, these are fantastic. I reeeaaallllyyy love the C82 from that pic, more true burgundy rather than leaning red would be more versatile. 

 

I think the C41 is a great choice for the navy. I like the C40 or even the C39 but only because I have quite a few true navy trousers already so the shade lighter shades would be great.

post #3174 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

These are the burgundy flannels we're debating. We're leaning to C61. It's a much richer red and better than this pic.

 

I think I prefer C82 to C61 as well.

post #3175 of 6207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by colHolm View Post
 

 

I think I prefer C82 to C61 as well.

 

The colours in these pics are really not that accurate. The C82 is much darker and has more a brown undertone to it. The C61 is actually closer to a true burgundy in normal light. The flash of the phone camera, plus the crappy phone camera seems to have made it more bright red than it actually is.

post #3176 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

 

The colours in these pics are really not that accurate. The C82 is much darker and has more a brown undertone to it. The C61 is actually closer to a true burgundy in normal light. The flash of the phone camera, plus the crappy phone camera seems to have made it more bright red than it actually is.

 

I do still like the idea of darker, I guess tough to tell from phone pics like you said though. I picked the C82 as it reminds me a lot in that pic of a donegal tweed jacket in a similar colour that I would love to have a pair of trousers in, maybe a hair darker. 

 

 

 

 

post #3177 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post

These are the burgundy flannels we're debating. We're leaning to C61. It's a much richer red and better than this pic.



Also looking at adding an interesting blue (besides navy) C41 is what we're leaning towards.





Also, basic Navy, Mid Gray, Charcoal, and a Camel/Light Brown shade.

These flannels are for what again? If they are for trousers, then a very light grey would be my #1 pick. What else are we going to wear with our navy and dark brown sportcoats?
post #3178 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post


These flannels are for what again? If they are for trousers, then a very light grey would be my #1 pick. What else are we going to wear with our navy and dark brown sportcoats?


I second that.  I would love to see light grey flannels in the winter and light grey summer weight wools in the summer.

post #3179 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofdreams View Post


I second that.  I would love to see light grey flannels in the winter and light grey summer weight wools in the summer.

Right on. The one pair if S&M trousers I own are my favourite summer trousers - light heather grey tropical weight wool.
post #3180 of 6207
^agreed.
Certainly prefer light grey to charcoal or navy. Much more versatile.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread