or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 191

post #2851 of 6199
48L in most brands
post #2852 of 6199

Does anyone have a picture of the model 2 Solid Navy Blazer? I'd like to see how it looks in the wild.

 

Thanks.

post #2853 of 6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsasso View Post

Does anyone have a picture of the model 2 Solid Navy Blazer? I'd like to see how it looks in the wild.

Thanks.

I just got mine back from the tailor. It hasn't been pressed yet, but I can snap a pic tomorrow.

Edit: oops, i have the suit not the blazer.
post #2854 of 6199

So, I paid $120 USD for the light brown glenplaid suit!

post #2855 of 6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodledoc View Post

So, I paid $120 USD for the light brown glenplaid suit!

I was looking at that but a bit flashy for me lol
post #2856 of 6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post

They arrive in store tomorrow afternoon. Should be ready to go in store by Monday/Tuesday.

That sucks I'm going to be in store sat. Oh well.
post #2857 of 6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommT View Post


I was looking at that but a bit flashy for me lol

It doesn't look flashy at all from the picture I saw

 

post #2858 of 6199

I just wanted to share my recent customer service experience with Spier and Mackay.

 

Yesterday I wrote in this thread asking about the turn around time on MTM shirts as I had been waiting for some time on 4 I had ordered ( I incorrectly noted it had been nine weeks since the order when in fact it had been seven).  I received a response almost immediately.  After a few private messages, I received the information I was looking for regarding my order mere hours after my first post.  All of this took place well after normal business hours Toronto time.

 

I was informed that my shirts have just been received in Mississauga, but that one of them was made up in an incorrect fabric.  I was told I would be given that shirt free of charge and that the one I had ordered would be made up and sent along very quickly. All of this in less than 24 hours with much of the correspondence taking place well after business hours.

 

This prompt attention to my questions and generous offer of the free shirt are much appreciated. 

post #2859 of 6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

 

Yes actually. A new promotion just started today, runs through Dec. 16th.

 

20% Off All Suits: SUITMEUP includes already discounted suiting. So amazing deals to be had.

 

 

Suit I purchased on black friday weekend (and is still with the tailor @ S&M) is now $80 cheaper :'(

post #2860 of 6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronaeus View Post
 

I just wanted to share my recent customer service experience with Spier and Mackay.

 

Yesterday I wrote in this thread asking about the turn around time on MTM shirts as I had been waiting for some time on 4 I had ordered ( I incorrectly noted it had been nine weeks since the order when in fact it had been seven).  I received a response almost immediately.  After a few private messages, I received the information I was looking for regarding my order mere hours after my first post.  All of this took place well after normal business hours Toronto time.

 

I was informed that my shirts have just been received in Mississauga, but that one of them was made up in an incorrect fabric.  I was told I would be given that shirt free of charge and that the one I had ordered would be made up and sent along very quickly. All of this in less than 24 hours with much of the correspondence taking place well after business hours.

 

This prompt attention to my questions and generous offer of the free shirt are much appreciated. 


+1

 

The customer service from Rick and his team is why I keep going back. The genuine honesty behind his replies that I see on this forum is very reassuring as well.

post #2861 of 6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

Forgot you don't do my size yet in suits. Damnit

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

48L in most brands

 

I think they do. It's called custom. :rimshot:

 

But seriously, S&M is quite reasonable, no?

post #2862 of 6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by skev13 View Post
 


+1

 

The customer service from Rick and his team is why I keep going back. The genuine honesty behind his replies that I see on this forum is very reassuring as well.

 

+1

 

Not everything I've purchased has been perfect initially but the way Rick resolved the problems has been outstanding. (and I keep going back as well :))

post #2863 of 6199
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommT View Post


That sucks I'm going to be in store sat. Oh well.

 

They may be open. When you come in ask any CS to see them. Shouldn't be a problem, but you may have to look at them still in boxes.

post #2864 of 6199
Thread Starter 

Ok Gentlemen, here is a direct comparison of our current OCBD collar, which is completely unlined vs. Kamakura which has a fused collar.

 

First is ours: You can see the softness of the collar, which causes it to have a bit of rumpling, creases and unevenness when worn with a tie. This is pretty much exactly how it should behave as a traditional, unlined OCBD.

 

 

Here is the Kamakura shirt. You can see the fusing gives a "crispness" and evenness to the collar.

 

What we are thinking is now, to run a fused version as the "main" oxford. This works with/without a tie and good for suits/sportcoats, etc. Possibly, develop a slightly heavier fabric for a more casual version, which would be unfused.

 

Oh, BTW, having both shirts side by side, everyone in our office agrees our new oxford fabric is superior to the Kamakura's.

 

Thoughts?

post #2865 of 6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

Ok Gentlemen, here is a direct comparison of our current OCBD collar, which is completely unlined vs. Kamakura which has a fused collar.

 

First is ours: You can see the softness of the collar, which causes it to have a bit of rumpling, creases and unevenness when worn with a tie. This is pretty much exactly how it should behave as a traditional, unlined OCBD.

 

 

Here is the Kamakura shirt. You can see the fusing gives a "crispness" and evenness to the collar.

 

What we are thinking is now, to run a fused version as the "main" oxford. This works with/without a tie and good for suits/sportcoats, etc. Possibly, develop a slightly heavier fabric for a more casual version, which would be unfused.

 

Oh, BTW, having both shirts side by side, everyone in our office agrees our new oxford fabric is superior to the Kamakura's.

 

Thoughts?

 

With a tie? the Kamakura looks better. Without a tie? It depends if you want that rumpled look. Being that it is OCBD, personally, S&M version.

 

I think your idea is good: fused version for main oxford; unfused for heavy fabric oxford.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread