or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 181

post #2701 of 6230

Placed an order for the brushed blue OCBD, navy Gingham shirt, and a semi-spread S100s white FC shirt as the perfect shirt for weddings and formal events. Also got a buddy of mine who doesn't do online shopping to come to the dark side and try shirts in the cutaway, semi-spread, and button down collar. Can't beat that black Friday deal.

post #2702 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodledoc View Post

Depends on your chest size. I have to wear a 16 in the slim fit for it to fit my chest and i'm only 5'9''. 

Just curious... the sleeves aren't too long for you?
post #2703 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullswin View Post


Just curious... the sleeves aren't too long for you?

Not for me. What I do is I move the button on the sleeve so that cuff always sits at the bottom of my hand. It very slightly bunches up slightly near the elbow, but that part always wrinkles anyway so I don't mind. I prefer slightly longer sleeves as it helps when I extend my arms when I drive. 

post #2704 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodledoc View Post
 

Not for me. What I do is I move the button on the sleeve so that cuff always sits at the bottom of my hand. It very slightly bunches up slightly near the elbow, but that part always wrinkles anyway so I don't mind. I prefer slightly longer sleeves as it helps when I extend my arms when I drive. 

 

I'm the same way. I'm less concerned with the sleeve bunching a bit than I am about the sleeve riding up my arm when I'm typing at a keyboard, or have a jacket on. Like doodles says, make sure the cuff button is tight enough to stop the cuff at the proper spot.

post #2705 of 6230
What can we expect for new stock next for the OCBD shirts?
post #2706 of 6230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

What can we expect for new stock next for the OCBD shirts?

Early in the new year. Probably mid January.
post #2707 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post

Early in the new year. Probably mid January.

I mean't what colors? Solids? Patterns? stripes? Checks? smile.gif
post #2708 of 6230
Couldn't resist the Black Friday offer so I finally placed my first order for 3 custom shirts - 2 semi spread pinpoints in indigo and pink, and a button down collar blue Bengal stripe, which will be nice for the summer. 2 questions, though:

1. Do all shirts come with a split yoke? I'd actually prefer a single piece yoke on all of these.
2. How does it work with the first shirt for sizing? Do you guys just select one of the three and send it to me to check out?
post #2709 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post

Couldn't resist the Black Friday offer so I finally placed my first order for 3 custom shirts - 2 semi spread pinpoints in indigo and pink, and a button down collar blue Bengal stripe, which will be nice for the summer. 2 questions, though:

1. Do all shirts come with a split yoke? I'd actually prefer a single piece yoke on all of these.
2. How does it work with the first shirt for sizing? Do you guys just select one of the three and send it to me to check out?

I'll help you out here:

 

1) For custom, you can specify how you want the yoke and they'll do it that way (single, split)

 

2) For custom, they will send the first one to make sure the measurements are A-ok and then you give them the go-ahead to make the rest.

post #2710 of 6230
Has anyone had S&M make an infused collar (spread or bd)? If so, how did it turn out?
post #2711 of 6230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post

Has anyone had S&M make an infused collar (spread or bd)? If so, how did it turn out?

Unfused?
post #2712 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post

Unfused?

Great auto correct there!

Or perhaps I meant infused with natural aromas? Hmmmm...

Yes, yes, unfused. Can it be done to mimic a Kamakura spread?
post #2713 of 6230

I ordered another suit and 3 custom shirts.  My only complaint is that it seems the button threads seem to get loose easily.  I've had threads on buttons on 3 of my custom shirts and 1 pair of pants come undone after a few washes.  Luckily I get my wife to fix it for me :)  Otherwise, I've been very happy with their products/service.

post #2714 of 6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post

Has anyone had S&M make an infused collar (spread or bd)? If so, how did it turn out?

Got an unfused semi-lined, custom spread (for a mto linen popover) turned out really great.
post #2715 of 6230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post


I mean't what colors? Solids? Patterns? stripes? Checks? smile.gif

 

This first group will be solid. White, Light Blue, Medium Blue, Burgundy. We've already started the fabric for University Stripes in Light Blue, Navy, Pink and Burgundy.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post

Couldn't resist the Black Friday offer so I finally placed my first order for 3 custom shirts - 2 semi spread pinpoints in indigo and pink, and a button down collar blue Bengal stripe, which will be nice for the summer. 2 questions, though:

1. Do all shirts come with a split yoke? I'd actually prefer a single piece yoke on all of these.
2. How does it work with the first shirt for sizing? Do you guys just select one of the three and send it to me to check out?

 

By default, we make all our shirts with a split yoke. You can request a single yoke in the notes. Or just email customer service after the fact and we'll have it changed on the order.

 

If a shirt is not specified, we make the shirt in order they come in. You can specify which shirt you want. Again, include it in the notes section, or email customer service after the order has been sent.

 

info@spierandmackay.com is the best way to connect. We do our best to respond to all emails within 24 hours. Right now we are slightly behind as we got totally flooded with orders and emails over the Black Friday Weekend.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread