Because to offer both means to stock twice the number of items. Which means a much larger amount of money held up in stock.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ts(s) Riders Jacket Shirt Black 1 Last post on 1/22/17 at 6:24pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- SUITSUPPLY NAPOLI 38R THREAD **PRICE DROPS** Last post on 2/13/17 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Dolce & Gabbana Gold Elvis Silk Blazer Last post on 5/24/16 at 9:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- For Sale: Brooks Brothers 100% Wool Sportcoat 36S Last post on 4/3/16 at 11:14am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets Last post on Today at 1:16 am in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear: The Casual Summer WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 171post #2551 of 667111/22/15 at 2:38pmpost #2552 of 667111/22/15 at 3:47pmpost #2553 of 667111/22/15 at 3:48pmThread Starterpost #2554 of 667111/22/15 at 4:36pmpost #2555 of 667111/22/15 at 8:40pmQuote:
Not necessarily. Run the numbers, if 3/4 want pockets, or don't, stock the appropriate ratio. If either sells out too fast adjust the ratio.post #2556 of 667111/22/15 at 8:45pmQuote:\
That takes time, effort, and risking significant amounts of capital that could be used elsewhere. Why go through that trial and error phase?
No one has said they didn't buy the OCBDs BECAUSE they had pockets. Sure, the preference is there for some, but if a sale is made in spite of the pocket being there, why does it matter to Spier and Mackay at the end of the day?
If you don't like the pocket, remove it. I don't see what the big deal is. As a business, why would they invest in stocking something that only a few people have mentioned? Remember, SF is just a small part of any business' business, no matter what we think of ourselves.
I happen to like the pocket on OCBDs. None of my dress shirts have a pocket.post #2557 of 667111/22/15 at 8:49pmpost #2558 of 667111/23/15 at 8:49amThread Starter
Just an update on the full canvas program. We will most likely move forward with Guabello 120's for this program. After looking at cloth from VBC and Reda 110's, which were really not impressive, and felt a bit rough, the Guabello is actually a bit denser as well as being a bit more refined. If our CAD holds, we should be able to roll these out at $750 CAD ($565 USD)
Also, we received the Guabello books for MTM in as well. We can do 120's in Half Canvas for $1195 CAD for a 2 Piece.post #2559 of 667111/23/15 at 11:34amThread StarterQuote:
Edit: Even better news, I just re-calculated the pricing. It's $995 CAD for a 2 piece. I was looking at a different price list they sent me the first time.post #2560 of 667111/23/15 at 12:27pm
Rick, just wanted to let you know, I wore my new S&M suit (gray flannel slim fit) to church yesterday and received several compliments. Unfortunately, I can't justify buying more suits at the moment, but I hope to add more S&M suits to my wardrobe eventually. I also just received my most recent order of shirts, so I know have 6 shirts from you. You have quickly become my favorite menswear brand! Thanks for the great product, prices, and service!post #2561 of 667111/23/15 at 12:36pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Billyum
Rick, just wanted to let you know, I wore my new S&M suit (gray flannel slim fit) to church yesterday and received several compliments. Unfortunately, I can't justify buying more suits at the moment, but I hope to add more S&M suits to my wardrobe eventually. I also just received my most recent order of shirts, so I know have 6 shirts from you. You have quickly become my favorite menswear brand! Thanks for the great product, prices, and service!
Amazing to hear! Thank You.post #2562 of 667111/23/15 at 12:55pmQuote:
Rick, keep doing that re-cal, the price might come down more.
Looking forward to it. Do you think it will be available by the time your Toronto store is ready?post #2563 of 667111/23/15 at 1:07pmQuote:
Is there an actual need for a pocket though? Like do folks put pocket squares in them?
I have button downs and most have pockets. Including Gitman. So I have come to live with them but I do not particularly like the look.post #2564 of 667111/23/15 at 1:07pmThread StarterQuote:
That price is for custom and available now.
If we can move enough volume, we can become a preferred vendor and get better pricing. So it is possible. It the dollar strengthens significantly, we can do better as well.post #2565 of 667111/23/15 at 1:59pmQuote:
They're not for pocket squares. Tradition is valued on this forum. Traditionally ocbds have a pocket. If you don't like the pocket, by all means, remove it. No one will care.
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 35 seconds ago
- › The Official Stoffa Thread 1 minute ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 1 minute ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read 11 minutes ago
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway