or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 158

post #2356 of 6199

I may order some pants with the discount.  I have a couple questions.  First did I read that the new mid grey trousers are brushed?  Second, it says that you do not do vanity sizing.  However, based on the measurements, it appears that you do.  Which is it?  Based on the measurement, I'd be a 33.  If you don't do vanity sizing, I'd be a 34.

post #2357 of 6199
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofdreams View Post
 

I may order some pants with the discount.  I have a couple questions.  First did I read that the new mid grey trousers are brushed?  Second, it says that you do not do vanity sizing.  However, based on the measurements, it appears that you do.  Which is it?  Based on the measurement, I'd be a 33.  If you don't do vanity sizing, I'd be a 34.

 

Which trouser are you looking at? The recently added Medium Gray is not brushed.

 

For the waist, the waist size marked is close to the natural waist line. As the trouser sits lower than the natural waist, the actual measurement has to be larger.  A vanity size will mislead about the natural waist.  Measure around on your body where you want the trouser to actually sit. Use that measurement and match that with the garment measurement. By the sounds of it, you are most likely a 33.

post #2358 of 6199
What jacket is this? Looks great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post

I think a nice light pink University stripe OCBD would increase your exposure. Just sayin'.nod%5B1%5D.gif

But in the meantime, this thread doesn't have enough pics.

X-post: Milner Stripe Shirt & Bonus Camel Flannel Trousers in Contemporary Fit





Warning: Untidy Room! (Click to show)


(You can see the Simcoe flannel shirts hanging on the chair.)
post #2359 of 6199
Having received my first two slim fit dress shirts recently, I am very impressed with the speed and quality of S&M (although the collar button popped off an unworn shirt already but that's easy to fix lol). Being from Canada, we're usually stuck with less options than our Americans friends down south so having a brand that can supply quality garments at these prices is refreshing. I found the slim fit to fit relatively well despite being a tad tight in certain areas but that has always been the difficulty of having a fit/muscular frame and wanting a slim fit shirt that's OTR. I'll definitely be trying out the M2M option in the future.

Other than the chest area that I would want to let out a bit, one thing that I required after receiving the shirts was getting the lower back darted. I find this to be an issue for all OTR shirts I've tried no matter how slim fit they are due to a wide/thicker chest & back relative to my waist both from the side and front. My body is very top heavy and somewhat a "V" shape from all sides. Is this something that can be fixed in the M2M such as including darts for example? Also, I am getting quite a bit of a collar roll below my back collar similar to http://articlesofstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Collar-Roll-580x389.jpg What would be the cause of this?

One other thing. Have you guys ever carried gray flannel trousers?
post #2360 of 6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post

Nothing significant. Just used a double hook/eye closer which is stronger and spreads the tension more evenly across the front. Other than that, pretty much the same.

Edit, the inseam is now 37.5" up from 36" for those who are taller and wanted a bit more length to achieve a larger cuff.

I emailed a few days ago asking a similar question, and I'm still trying to get clarification. I have the flannel POW suit in 42r contemporary fit and the pants are at the absolute limit of what I can get away with in terms of slimness. The pants actually measure out in line with the slim pants. I emailed and was told the newer contemporary pants are a bit roomier, although the size charts don't seem to reflect this. I want to order 2-3 pair of pants (hoping I can use the code if I figure this out in time) but want to make sure about the fit first. My contemporary pants have a thigh just under 27 inches,and another inch would make them perfect for me. What can I expect in terms of fit with the newer pants versus what I have?
post #2361 of 6199
Is international shipping likely to become a reality at some point in the near future? peepwall[1].gif
post #2362 of 6199
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddl View Post


I emailed a few days ago asking a similar question, and I'm still trying to get clarification. I have the flannel POW suit in 42r contemporary fit and the pants are at the absolute limit of what I can get away with in terms of slimness. The pants actually measure out in line with the slim pants. I emailed and was told the newer contemporary pants are a bit roomier, although the size charts don't seem to reflect this. I want to order 2-3 pair of pants (hoping I can use the code if I figure this out in time) but want to make sure about the fit first. My contemporary pants have a thigh just under 27 inches,and another inch would make them perfect for me. What can I expect in terms of fit with the newer pants versus what I have?

 

Not sure why your contemporary pair measured out close to the slim. Sholudn't be the case. Only tolerance variation, but even then, that shouldn't bring it close to the Slim. Which trousers were you looking at and size?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crinklecut View Post

Is international shipping likely to become a reality at some point in the near future? peepwall[1].gif

 

Working on it. Shipping Internationally out of Canada is horribly expensive. There is an alternate that we are looking at shipping Internationally via the USA, which ends up being significantly cheaper for our customers. I think we will get this figured out by the Spring.

post #2363 of 6199
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolemanN View Post

Having received my first two slim fit dress shirts recently, I am very impressed with the speed and quality of S&M (although the collar button popped off an unworn shirt already but that's easy to fix lol). Being from Canada, we're usually stuck with less options than our Americans friends down south so having a brand that can supply quality garments at these prices is refreshing. I found the slim fit to fit relatively well despite being a tad tight in certain areas but that has always been the difficulty of having a fit/muscular frame and wanting a slim fit shirt that's OTR. I'll definitely be trying out the M2M option in the future.

Other than the chest area that I would want to let out a bit, one thing that I required after receiving the shirts was getting the lower back darted. I find this to be an issue for all OTR shirts I've tried no matter how slim fit they are due to a wide/thicker chest & back relative to my waist both from the side and front. My body is very top heavy and somewhat a "V" shape from all sides. Is this something that can be fixed in the M2M such as including darts for example? Also, I am getting quite a bit of a collar roll below my back collar similar to http://articlesofstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Collar-Roll-580x389.jpg What would be the cause of this?

One other thing. Have you guys ever carried gray flannel trousers?

 

Our custom program can address the issues of a large waist drop, and we can achieve this without darts. The Roll has to do with a combination of square shoulders and slightly straight posture. If you can send a picture wearing the OTR shirt, we can better diagnose the issue.

post #2364 of 6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post

Not sure why your contemporary pair measured out close to the slim. Sholudn't be the case. Only tolerance variation, but even then, that shouldn't bring it close to the Slim. Which trousers were you looking at and size?

I measured the thigh about 2 inches below the crotch, are you guys measuring right at the crotch? The knee and opening were about 19 and 8 inches, so the pants over all were cut in line with the slim specs it sounds like. I'm looking at a pair of the brushed wool, either the new medium grey or grey houndstooth, and the dark brown birdseye. I'd go with 36 contemporary. Best fit for me is about 27.5, 19.5, 17 for thigh/knee/opening, so if they fit per the size chart they will be just about perfect...I just got thrown off by my flannel POW and wanted to double check before I order multiple pairs.

Thanks for answering here.
post #2365 of 6199

What is the trouser code and what's the perks of it?

post #2366 of 6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiermackay View Post
 

 

There are always a lot of things to think about as we grow. Especially product assortment and size ratio, etc. We've been doing really well, but we can always do better by adapting to what our customers need. We do our best to keep our eyes and ears open and listen to the feedback and adapt the best we can.

 

YW for the code. BTW for the rest of you gentlemen, all regular priced dress trousers are 20% Off. use code: NEEDPANTS

post #2367 of 6199
Hello I was wondering if there will be a restock within a week/week and a half of white slim twill or any other basic fabric thicker than poplin? Semi or full spread.

Thanks!
post #2368 of 6199
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddl View Post


I measured the thigh about 2 inches below the crotch, are you guys measuring right at the crotch? The knee and opening were about 19 and 8 inches, so the pants over all were cut in line with the slim specs it sounds like. I'm looking at a pair of the brushed wool, either the new medium grey or grey houndstooth, and the dark brown birdseye. I'd go with 36 contemporary. Best fit for me is about 27.5, 19.5, 17 for thigh/knee/opening, so if they fit per the size chart they will be just about perfect...I just got thrown off by my flannel POW and wanted to double check before I order multiple pairs.

Thanks for answering here.

 

Yes, we measure at the crotch.  I just checked both in 36 Contemporary and both are pretty spot on to the chart specs.

 

Brown Birdseye: Thigh - 27.75, Knee - 19.25, Hem Open - 16.75

Grey Houndstooth: Thigh - 27.5, Knee - 19.25, Hem Open - 16.625

 

Cheers,

Rick

post #2369 of 6199
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresbrando View Post

Hello I was wondering if there will be a restock within a week/week and a half of white slim twill or any other basic fabric thicker than poplin? Semi or full spread.

Thanks!

 

Not in a week or so. Expecting more in maybe 2-3 weeks.

post #2370 of 6199

S&M Jacket, Shirt, Trousers.  

 

  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread