I love the irony of you being French yet having a big collection of Fred Perries, whilst I'm English and have a big collection of Lacostes!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Gallery Contest - Classic menswear scorekeeper thread. Last post on 5/12/15 at 6:23am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Look goes on... - Page 142post #2117 of 36718/10/16 at 3:12pmpost #2118 of 36718/11/16 at 1:10ampost #2119 of 36718/11/16 at 6:06amThread Starterpost #2120 of 36718/11/16 at 7:53amInteresting. I'm looking for a pair of cords and have looked at Cordings, but looking for something a bit more tapered (my favourite trousers at the moment are LVC 519 Bedford Cords, for reference).
Has anyone come across anything that might be right for me?
Long time reader of this and the other thread, but my first post.Quote:Originally Posted by covskin
Thinking of getting some cords, Cordings needlecords to be exact so I went and measured them. For anyone interested, a 32 waist leg unfinished needlecord measures as follows
17 waist, 11.5 thigh, 11.5 rise, 8.25 opening
(and leg parallel up beyond where they would be finished at)
So like a very slightly looser 501, which is good! The red berry colour is a bit Nigel Farage so I think I will be going for the navy and the plum.post #2121 of 36718/11/16 at 8:32amQuote:Originally Posted by Cinneide
Interesting. I'm looking for a pair of cords and have looked at Cordings, but looking for something a bit more tapered (my favourite trousers at the moment are LVC 519 Bedford Cords, for reference).
Has anyone come across anything that might be right for me?
Long time reader of this and the other thread, but my first post.
Hello! Makes me think of Lois cords, slim jeans-style cords in all sorts of colours worn by 80s casuals. Seem to be some fairly live looking hits on google. Anyone else?
Edited by covskin - 8/11/16 at 8:49ampost #2122 of 36718/11/16 at 8:58amThread Starter
Those slim jeans-cut needle cords were really big in the early 80s - I recall mine came from Ciao. Not sure if they are still around?
But I am assuming cov, that your Cordings cords are cut like trousers and in a traditional English style?
My only pair of cords at the moment are actually from M&S and cut a bit slimmer than the Cordings. 34 waist measures exactly that, 10.5 through the thigh and marginally over 8 inch opening.
Edited by Mr Knightley - 8/11/16 at 9:16ampost #2123 of 36718/11/16 at 9:46ampost #2124 of 36718/11/16 at 10:04am^^ yep, trouser-style Mr K. Wide cords in trouser-style doesn't look right to me, something about the crinkled edges around the pockets, a bit coarse, but needlecords look fine and are the right weight too, not too heavy. That's a nice silhouette you have going with your cords.
^ MoM, in The Saint is he is fairly stiff and conventional but looks good but ten years later in The Persuaders, with everything relaxing, he looks terrible.
Edited by covskin - 8/11/16 at 10:37ampost #2125 of 36718/11/16 at 12:52pmQuote:
Yeah, I've got some needlecords by Cordings, most likely the same that Cenneide mentioned. They're excellent. The wide 8-wale jumbo cords in trouser style are nice with a tweed hacking jacket but definitely not for casual wear in my book. I have a pair of burgundy jumbo cords for said purpose, and the needlecords in jeans-style for casual wear, ususally with a harrington or (gasp!) once in a while with a flight jacket...post #2126 of 36718/11/16 at 1:32pmpost #2127 of 36718/11/16 at 2:02pmThanks Cov. It's a long time since I wore Lois. No local retailers so I'll need to find somewhere that does a good returns policy. The LVCs are a cross between a chino and a five pocket.
Thanks Mr K too. I have a pair of M&S cords at the back of the wardrobe. Yours look good in you. I'll need to dig mine out for a look.post #2128 of 36718/11/16 at 2:04pmpost #2129 of 36718/15/16 at 10:33amThread Starterpost #2130 of 36718/16/16 at 11:20am
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 6 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong Shirt Makers 12 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 20 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 21 minutes ago
- › A weird question, in which of the following scenarios you would... 24 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 26 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 28 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 30 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 32 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 33 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...