Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:23 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Gallery Contest - Classic menswear scorekeeper thread. Last post on 5/12/15 at 6:23am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Look goes on... - Page 140post #2086 of 32377/15/16 at 1:14ampost #2087 of 32377/15/16 at 2:14amQuote:
John, I just chatted to browniecj online during his radio show. He has the date and time noted down.post #2088 of 32377/16/16 at 2:52amThread Starterpost #2089 of 32377/16/16 at 5:35ampost #2090 of 32377/17/16 at 11:01amThread Starterpost #2091 of 32377/18/16 at 12:08amThere's too much non-skinhead stuff on the 'Mod to Suedehead' thread at the moment (that's always the case, but only to keep it ticking over), so I thought I would post this here. I tripped over it on Facebook, and it reminded me that we had been talking about safari jackets over on the other thread.post #2092 of 32377/18/16 at 5:03amThread Starterpost #2093 of 32377/18/16 at 5:05amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Thin White Duke
Can't be arsed with this week's FC. I only have a couple of BDs anyway, doubt they'd offer much competition to the clique.
Here's my blue PoW suit ...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's hard to get a good pic of the colour and pattern ...
More pics on the blog ...
I really like the cloth, @Thin White Dukepost #2094 of 32377/22/16 at 2:00amThread Starter
What a great day in London yesterday at the SF meet-up!
Thanks to everyone who came and made it so enjoyable.
Here is the report, cross-posted from Mod to Suedehead:
A few pics to commemorate the third SF meet up for The Look Goes On / Mod to Suedehead members. We started last July at the Clachan in Kingley Street with five people, increased to seven for our November 2015 meet at Baker Street and yesterday we had nine!
Liberty in high summer - I popped in to look at the Vintage Mens Accessories section.
The Clachan in Kingley Street
The small circle - clockwise from top:
The unbroken circle! From top:
The crew (l to r):
(Click on the pics to enlarge)
In late November we plan to go back to the Metropolitan Bar at Baker Street Station. It will be a Thursday again. Date TBC.
Edited by Mr Knightley - 7/22/16 at 4:13ampost #2095 of 32377/22/16 at 7:47amShould have gone to John Simons, guys - he has a sale on! 30% off shirts, a little bit off scarves, a little bit off a few other things, and a handful of summer-weight mohair suits reduced from £395 to £99. I've done it again - gone to JS and copped a bargain!
Proper photo in due course, but this naffie (naff selfie) will give some idea of the jacket. 3-button, fairly minimal in style, and needs only a minor job doing to it (removal of some styling on the shoulder, which you can't see in this pic.post #2096 of 32377/22/16 at 8:22amThread Starterpost #2097 of 32377/22/16 at 8:45ampost #2098 of 32377/24/16 at 8:55ampost #2099 of 32377/27/16 at 4:32amThe thing that most sticks in my mind from last thursday? Those brown scotchgrain Weejun loafers, though I will never wear loafers.
Wandered into a Flannels at the weekend. Armani, Boss, Stone Island. Left, then forgot.
On upgrading my casual look - I'm heading for the Sunspel sunlit uplands. Grey or navy polo, grey tee shirt, grey sweatshirt, muted, on strict replacement (or less) basis. The future - strategically Sunspel and Daks - keeping lookout for a mid-grey/dark grey dogtooth jacket to go alongside my Daks navy/silver buttons blazer (which fits great without *any* alterations) then pair with navy cords for a 'citified country' smart casual outfit (the only step into 'country' I would ever take) alongside the blazer and chinos smart casual outfit (though would prefer proper Levi Sta Prest to chinos, in the ice blue colour even!) And please, some utterly basic Solovair L4 996 to wear with my jeans and give my Clarks a rest.
English Trad/suedehead modern
Edited by covskin - 7/27/16 at 5:02ampost #2100 of 32377/27/16 at 9:22amThread Starter
Interesting stuff, @covskin
For me, three things stood out:
1. Those loafers again
2. The fact that, as a group we may all dress slightly differently, but our footwear still brings us together
3. Liberty and its vintage menswear corner - lovely and quite at odds with some of the very fashion-forward slim lapel suits, narrow ties and over-priced Mulberry bags, etc.
I always reflect on my own style after these events and am currently shortening some of my jeans. Also, having seen A/W 16/17 stuff creeping in, looking forward to the best time of year...
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 58 seconds ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...