Unless you know a proxy who live in Boston not three miles from the AE shop and can post you "used shoes" worth "£10".
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Gallery Contest - Classic menswear scorekeeper thread. Last post on 5/12/15 at 6:23am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Look goes on... - Page 135post #2011 of 27476/2/16 at 5:39pmpost #2012 of 27476/2/16 at 9:49pmQuote:
You are right they wont be so cheap after adding on the tax,about £30 ( ish ) and you will find cheaper Loakes but the AE will be better quality,if you want Loakes of similar quality they will be in the 1880 range and importing some AE will still be cheaper.post #2013 of 27476/3/16 at 2:31amQuote:
You should have let me know you were coming.
By the way, chaps, I'm STILL not getting any alerts.post #2014 of 27476/3/16 at 4:50amThread Starterpost #2015 of 27476/3/16 at 1:52pmQuote:
What size are you? I have AE shell cordovan Leeds for sale size US 8.5 (about a UK 8) gently used. I think there are pics on my blog under 'Rod's Flogs'. PM if interested!post #2016 of 27476/3/16 at 2:31pmThey used to sell the AE Kenwood at 'The Master Cobbler' on Upper Street. I regret not buying the tan ones when I had a chance. Might be worth giving them a ring to see if they sell other AE models or can get them.
John Rushton also carries AE sometimes.post #2017 of 27476/3/16 at 10:07pmpost #2018 of 27476/4/16 at 3:06amQuote:
Duke, your pictures come up with that annoying little question-mark icon for me, except your 'derbies'. Are those the shoes you were referring to?
I'm UK 8.5post #2019 of 27476/4/16 at 3:28am
“We’ve restored the signature rolled collar.”
Apparently Brooks Brothers BD collars were not what they used to be, so they re-launched quality BDs with their traditional collars : the 'Original Polo button down'. They seem very nice, exist in three different fits, but come with a price.post #2020 of 27476/4/16 at 3:38am^ not a button down person myself Clouseau but I kind of prefer the flat as a pancake look of the obscure brand, in 1960s cellophane wrapping, deadstock shirts that @Inks goes for. Sero, Lion of Troy, Arrow, Sears - I even remember the names! All this collar roll/natural shoulder/rumpled Ivy thing I don't really care for.post #2021 of 27476/4/16 at 5:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Clouseau
“We’ve restored the signature rolled collar.”
Apparently Brooks Brothers BD collars were not what they used to be, so they re-launched quality BDs with their traditional collars : the 'Original Polo button down'. They seem very nice, exist in three different fits, but come with a price.
Sorting out the collar roll can only be a good thing....but (imo) just as important is where the next button down from top is positioned, to low and the collar will 'gape' open when worn without a tie...that's unless you have the top button done up which I never do.
Looking at the pictures of the BB shirts I think that the button in question is to low, I also prefer an OCBD to have a chest pocket, at the end of the day though its all personal preference.
Most of my BDs have the next button from top to low down but I cant seem to find shirts with the button positioned higher.
Edited by cerneabbas - 6/4/16 at 8:03ampost #2022 of 27476/4/16 at 3:06pmpost #2023 of 27476/5/16 at 12:37pmpost #2024 of 27476/5/16 at 2:03pmpost #2025 of 27476/5/16 at 10:39pm
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 23 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 30 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 32 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 32 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 44 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway