Great shoe. I have a pair in burgundy calfskin from a few years back. Quite a bargain there!!! £130, they'll outlast you.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:36 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Gallery Contest - Classic menswear scorekeeper thread. Last post on 5/12/15 at 6:23am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Look goes on... - Page 104post #1546 of 277412/20/15 at 10:21ampost #1547 of 277412/20/15 at 10:24ampost #1548 of 277412/20/15 at 10:33ampost #1549 of 277412/20/15 at 1:24pmQuote:
I worked in Northampton years ago. Go down the pub friday lunchtime and maybe, after a month or so, you could call into the factory shop afterwards and they would have exactly what you were looking for, in your size too. How did that happen?post #1550 of 277412/20/15 at 9:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery
While I'm on about T K Maximus, it's always an idea to spend ten minutes whizzing round your local store. You never know what's going to be in. On the day when I didn't buy the Racing Green jacket, I spotted this Ben Sherman Heritage shirt going cheap. Three-finger collar, and as close in design to what I would have worn in '69 as you're going to get. I know I had promised not to buy any more check shirts - only plain ones from now on - since I bought a PoW suit (and a Brook Taverner window-pane jacket) but this Ben was too good to miss on-the-cheap.
I have one or two of those I got cheap, they are okay but the collar roll is pretty naff...I'm sure your original was a lot better quality!post #1551 of 277412/20/15 at 9:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Clouseau
Speaking of white socks, they were apparently an Ivy classic
I've red somewhere (but i don't remember in which book) that a certain late 60s skinhead mob wore white socks. heard of that ?
Otherwise, we all remember the white (tennis) socks were basics in the 80s.
I think this picture is late 70s/early80s, what do you think ? I think the white socks, and the Mini stickers and logo, are an indication. I like the smart skinhead look of the lad on the right. Reminds me of the look of some Jam fans, very close to skinhead, but with a strong mod touch: sense of detailing, color association, etc.
The 'smart skinhead' look was favoured at times in the 1980's not only by the Redskins (already discussed on MTS) but also this band Skin Deep:
Edited by Soul Vision - 12/21/15 at 2:53ampost #1552 of 277412/21/15 at 8:44amThread StarterWhite socks were popular off and on during the 80s and early 90s in Essex sometimes as part of a skinhead look and sometimes paired with some highly suspect clobber!
I remember going to an event in Nottingham in about 1992 and being asked if I had driven up in my Ford Capri in my white socks...post #1553 of 277412/21/15 at 11:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Mr Knightley
White socks were popular off and on during the 80s and early 90s in Essex sometimes as part of a skinhead look and sometimes paired with some highly suspect clobber!
I remember going to an event in Nottingham in about 1992 and being asked if I had driven up in my Ford Capri in my white socks...
The character who epitomised that white socks look in the early 80s was 'Mickey Pearce' in Fools and Horses ( Rodneys gormless looking mate) with his skinny ties and those hats that 'revival Mods' wore.
Lots of grey and burgundy worn then,as in cheapo grey weejun type loafers ( showing lots of white sock),burgundy trousers and ties with a white shirt,not a good look IMO.post #1554 of 277412/21/15 at 1:21pm^ think I remember a lot of the burgundy trousers being stapress. Another item from that mainstream look that history has thankfully forgotten - the reversible jacket. Formless and baffled like a sleeping bag, one side burgundy and the other side grey (I think) and usually seen on someone with wedge and a flick hair listening to Depeche Mode.
Edited by covskin - 12/21/15 at 3:11pmpost #1555 of 277412/21/15 at 3:05pmHaha - a trip down memory lane. The disco boys seemed to be enamoured with burgundy around 1980. I was dating a lass around Christmas 1980 and she bought me a burgundy v neck! We didn't last long as a couple and I was straight back to M and S to swop it for a better colour! They also loved bleached out jeans, white socks and very low vamp loafers which we used to call 'mocassins' back then not loafers, usually with a gold tone bar across the instep.
I'm not much of a fan of loafers but I particularly dislike low vamped ones with all that expanse of foot and sock on display.post #1556 of 277412/22/15 at 5:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Mr Knightley
POLL IS UP
Lots of good outfits that give a nod to The Look.
The best came last. Won't bother looking at this shit again.post #1557 of 277412/22/15 at 6:05amThread Starterpost #1558 of 277412/22/15 at 4:25pmDon't sweat it Mr. K. I still sometimes enter the FC just for the hell of it and expect maybe one or two sympathy votes, no more. I remain equally bemused by the apportioning of votes and thumbs. I reckon some can be explained by voting for the poster, not the post, and some by the fact that many people just don't 'get' the sixties aesthetic. For example slim lapels are almost universally derided but post a pic wearing a jacket that Tony Manero would be proud of and you'll get loads of thumbs and comments about how great the lapels are. I lived through the seventies - the decade that style forgot - and have no desire to revisit those looks no matter how often attempts are made to recycle them.post #1559 of 277412/22/15 at 7:42pmMr. K: YOU know you've got style. WE know you've got style. That poll is a popularity contest... Nothing more, nothing fcuking less. To bring up the Thin White Duke's comment, it's about the poster, not the post. There were a couple other decent dressers amongt the also-rans, but for the most part it was iGent central.
Eff 'em all's what I sez.post #1560 of 277412/22/15 at 10:20pmQuote:
Wore it to the chipper and to Star Wars last night, with a Burgundy v-neck and my G9, and actually it didn't look bad.
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 11 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 52 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › The Fake Hate Crimes Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 10 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...