or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Look goes on...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Look goes on... - Page 96

post #1426 of 2796
The more mod outfit is let down by the Levis I think, with 'bingo wings' on the thighs and folds touching under the crotch - pretty much like my own most recent pre-shrunk 501s. Pretty sure these used to be better behaved in the 80s and 90s - more rigid and more conformed over time. Just gone back to shrink-to-fit myself and they feel and look a lot better.
post #1427 of 2796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knightley View Post

The FC poll is now up

Fair play to Cleav I think that looks great,all well put together,I particularly like the jacket and trousers,no 'age appropriate' problems,could be worn by anyone from their late 20s and upwards.

post #1428 of 2796
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by covskin View Post

Well out of the Country outfits yours looks more like the sort of outfit I see on blokes who seem to have lived in them for years - typically grey tweed jacket, white poplin non-buttondown shirt, grey or navy worsted trousers, maybe even a navy business tie, black brogues. Far from the Styleforum Classic Menswear orthodoxy of windowpane jackets, tattersall shirts, brown brogues, flannels and a furry tie. Well those blokes are only the real thing after all.
I think that is a type of compliment and if so I thank you!

The field this week is very varied and more interesting as a result.
post #1429 of 2796

Hi all,

 

Always think these type of posts are a bit sad, anyway:-

 

Last nights X Fac*** Mark Ronson was a guest judge. He always dresses well and with the look.

 

He nailed it with this polo shirt.

 

Anyone knows where it is from

 

post #1430 of 2796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneflewover View Post
 

Hi all,

 

Always think these type of posts are a bit sad, anyway:-

 

Last nights X Fac*** Mark Ronson was a guest judge. He always dresses well and with the look.

 

He nailed it with this polo shirt.

 

Anyone knows where it is from

 


Welcome back...don't know about the polo shirt but you could have a look at Atom Retro they have loads of polos by Gabbicci,Penguin Peter Werth etc,you mind find something similar.

post #1431 of 2796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knightley View Post

I think that is a type of compliment and if so I thank you!

Haha, yes it is - you're welcome. Cleav is more Classic Menswear orthodox but has a nicely unorthodox shirt and tie I think.
post #1432 of 2796
Anyone remember something like this being casual or was it just mainstream



The colours are as I remember, a sort of dark turquiose with red and white stripes, but not sure about the collar - I am thinking it was a jumper. Label is CMP and it is ski-wear, Campri? Not thinking of buying it, just in for some socks, but it rang a bell somewhere.

Edit: Campagnolo apparently, Italian ski-wear. Sounds like something mid-80s casuals might go for but also sounds a bit Chipie/Chevignon/NafNaf early 90s mainstream.
Edited by covskin - 10/28/15 at 4:26am
post #1433 of 2796
Quote:
Originally Posted by covskin View Post

Latest purchase, and letting a logo back into my life, a Slazenger jumper



Just like back then (not me but I had one too)


I have been wearing my v necks more this month,with the weather cooling down.

The v neck has always been part of 'the Look' ,and is very versatile,for instance worn over a BD with a pair of trousers and shoes for 'smart casual' or with an FP, jeans and shoes ( or trainers) for casual...looks good under a Harrington or sports jacket.

I have got lambswool v necks,but the GF likes cotton ones, she bought me one and I liked the feel of it so I have bought more in different colours and a diamond one,I actually prefer them to lambswool now.

post #1434 of 2796
Cern, I'd agree. I like a cotton v neck. How do you keep the shape with yours? Any tricks of the trade?

Mine seem to lose the shape around the neck and sleeves....
post #1435 of 2796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Cern, I'd agree. I like a cotton v neck. How do you keep the shape with yours? Any tricks of the trade?

Mine seem to lose the shape around the neck and sleeves....


I handwash mine,short rinse and spin and then lay them as flat as I can on the airer to dry...same as I do with lambswool really,wool especially gets so heavy when its wet that the weight will stretch it if its hung up,cotton doesn't seem so bad.

post #1436 of 2796
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerneabbas View Post


I handwash mine,short rinse and spin and then lay them as flat as I can on the airer to dry...same as I do with lambswool really,wool especially gets so heavy when its wet that the weight will stretch it if its hung up,cotton doesn't seem so bad.

Thanks Cern, On to it... shog[1].gif
post #1437 of 2796

I have been thinking a lot recently about versatile items ( thoughts inspired by Covskins micro wardrobe idea),a v neck has to be in there for me.

 

Also been thinking about what I wear most,I have to say that a Harrington is probably the jacket that I wear most,again can wear it with a BD,trousers and shoes ( and a v neck if its chilly) for a smart casual look,ok for going to a country pub for lunch etc, or with an FP ( maybe a v neck ) jeans and shoes or trainers for a casual look.

post #1438 of 2796
Yep, harrington and wool* v neck is summer and winter sorted. On their own in summer, together in winter. Showerproof too which is all you really need for everyday use.

* on the wool v cotton thing, I think cotton can feel a bit cold compared to wool, in that weave.
post #1439 of 2796
Quote:
Originally Posted by covskin View Post

Yep, harrington and wool* v neck is summer and winter sorted. On their own in summer, together in winter. Showerproof too which is all you really need for everyday use.

* on the wool v cotton thing, I think cotton can feel a bit cold compared to wool, in that weave.


I agree that wool is warmer than cotton,I have a couple of Lyle and Scott lambswool v necks ( older ones with thicker wool than the newer ones) and on a cold dry day they are great.

post #1440 of 2796
Quote:
Originally Posted by covskin View Post

Latest purchase, and letting a logo back into my life, a Slazenger jumper





 

Nice stuff. Is it the "Heritage legend "special edition ?

If it is, not exactly the kind of Slazenger item you find in Sports Direct... :D 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Look goes on...