Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:57 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Gallery Contest - Classic menswear scorekeeper thread. Last post on 5/12/15 at 6:23am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Look goes on... - Page 96post #1426 of 279610/24/15 at 3:37pmThe more mod outfit is let down by the Levis I think, with 'bingo wings' on the thighs and folds touching under the crotch - pretty much like my own most recent pre-shrunk 501s. Pretty sure these used to be better behaved in the 80s and 90s - more rigid and more conformed over time. Just gone back to shrink-to-fit myself and they feel and look a lot better.post #1427 of 279610/25/15 at 1:14ampost #1428 of 279610/25/15 at 3:04amThread StarterQuote:I think that is a type of compliment and if so I thank you!Originally Posted by covskin
Well out of the Country outfits yours looks more like the sort of outfit I see on blokes who seem to have lived in them for years - typically grey tweed jacket, white poplin non-buttondown shirt, grey or navy worsted trousers, maybe even a navy business tie, black brogues. Far from the Styleforum Classic Menswear orthodoxy of windowpane jackets, tattersall shirts, brown brogues, flannels and a furry tie. Well those blokes are only the real thing after all.
The field this week is very varied and more interesting as a result.post #1429 of 279610/25/15 at 4:42ampost #1430 of 279610/25/15 at 10:26amQuote:
Welcome back...don't know about the polo shirt but you could have a look at Atom Retro they have loads of polos by Gabbicci,Penguin Peter Werth etc,you mind find something similar.post #1431 of 279610/25/15 at 3:57pmpost #1432 of 279610/27/15 at 9:27amAnyone remember something like this being casual or was it just mainstream
The colours are as I remember, a sort of dark turquiose with red and white stripes, but not sure about the collar - I am thinking it was a jumper. Label is CMP and it is ski-wear, Campri? Not thinking of buying it, just in for some socks, but it rang a bell somewhere.
Edit: Campagnolo apparently, Italian ski-wear. Sounds like something mid-80s casuals might go for but also sounds a bit Chipie/Chevignon/NafNaf early 90s mainstream.
Edited by covskin - 10/28/15 at 4:26ampost #1433 of 279610/27/15 at 1:25pmQuote:
I have been wearing my v necks more this month,with the weather cooling down.
The v neck has always been part of 'the Look' ,and is very versatile,for instance worn over a BD with a pair of trousers and shoes for 'smart casual' or with an FP, jeans and shoes ( or trainers) for casual...looks good under a Harrington or sports jacket.
I have got lambswool v necks,but the GF likes cotton ones, she bought me one and I liked the feel of it so I have bought more in different colours and a diamond one,I actually prefer them to lambswool now.post #1434 of 279610/27/15 at 1:30pmpost #1435 of 279610/27/15 at 1:34pmQuote:
I handwash mine,short rinse and spin and then lay them as flat as I can on the airer to dry...same as I do with lambswool really,wool especially gets so heavy when its wet that the weight will stretch it if its hung up,cotton doesn't seem so bad.post #1436 of 279610/27/15 at 1:40pmQuote:
Thanks Cern, On to it...post #1437 of 279610/27/15 at 1:51pm
I have been thinking a lot recently about versatile items ( thoughts inspired by Covskins micro wardrobe idea),a v neck has to be in there for me.
Also been thinking about what I wear most,I have to say that a Harrington is probably the jacket that I wear most,again can wear it with a BD,trousers and shoes ( and a v neck if its chilly) for a smart casual look,ok for going to a country pub for lunch etc, or with an FP ( maybe a v neck ) jeans and shoes or trainers for a casual look.post #1438 of 279610/27/15 at 2:05pmpost #1439 of 279610/28/15 at 6:18amQuote:
I agree that wool is warmer than cotton,I have a couple of Lyle and Scott lambswool v necks ( older ones with thicker wool than the newer ones) and on a cold dry day they are great.post #1440 of 279610/30/15 at 10:30am
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 18 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 34 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Making a World Class Tie! 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Baggy Dress Shirts 9 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 10 minutes ago
- › Gaziano and Girling Chukka Boots Sz 9/9.5D 11 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...