or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforummarket MTO Makeup: Brown CXL Derby
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg for Styleforummarket MTO Makeup: Brown CXL Derby

post #1 of 104
Thread Starter 
Hi Guys,

It's that time again. As I promised, a Derby. My idea is to make this in a leather that will age really well. I think the brown CXL will fit this nicely.  And that the 2040 last will give a slimmer profile but have the rounded toe of a traditional classic country Derby.  I'm going to keep this one short.  We're going to have about a week for discussion and then go straight to the ordering stage.

Model: Derby
Last: 2040
Leather: Brown CXL
Captoe: None
Midsole: brown
Outsole: leather, dainite heel.
Tongue: same as body
Eyelets: 5 mini antique brass

Please discuss here.

Cheers,

Fok.
post #2 of 104
Great looking makeup!
post #3 of 104

Man, I've been lusting after the Derby but I'm about a week away from the brown CXL Service Boots

I pre-ordered from Leffot.  Kind wanna diversify my leathers best I can.  Is the leather pretty much

set in stone?

 

Sheeiiit, I'll probably get in on this regardless.

 

Also, it seems like all the pictures I've seen of the Derby featured a double leather

sole?  Is that not the case with this MTO?

post #4 of 104
I think I"m in--but is the thought of 2040 instead of 2030 because the 2040 toe might be slightly too pointy to be considered really a Derby? I like the idea of a slimmer last--wouldn't be in if it were on the 110, but haven't seen any 2040's in person to compare to the 2030 service boot I own.
post #5 of 104
I vote for a double leather sole with brown edge trim. I like that look more than natural leather soles. Anyone like the idea of antique brass eyelets?
post #6 of 104
Like the the brass eyelet suggestion 2040 sounds good. The picture we all seen posted and the slim profile what last do we
Think is that.... But I'm down for some derby love
post #7 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

Hi Guys,

 

It's that time again. As I promised, a Derby. My idea is to make this in a leather that will age really well. I think the brown CXL will fit this nicely.  And that the 2040 last will give a slimmer profile but have the rounded toe of a traditional classic country Derby.  I'm going to keep this one short.  We're going to have about a week for discussion and then go straight to the ordering stage.

 

Model: Derby

Last: 2040

Leather: Brown CXL

Captoe: None

Midsole: Natural

Outsole: Daynight, black

Tongue: Brown CXL

 

Please discuss here.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.


All fine, could include brass eyelets.

post #8 of 104
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpress View Post

I think I"m in--but is the thought of 2040 instead of 2030 because the 2040 toe might be slightly too pointy to be considered really a Derby? I like the idea of a slimmer last--wouldn't be in if it were on the 110, but haven't seen any 2040's in person to compare to the 2030 service boot I own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrero View Post

Man, I've been lusting after the Derby but I'm about a week away from the brown CXL Service Boots
I pre-ordered from Leffot.  Kind wanna diversify my leathers best I can.  Is the leather pretty much
set in stone?

Sheeiiit, I'll probably get in on this regardless.

Also, it seems like all the pictures I've seen of the Derby featured a double leather
sole?  Is that not the case with this MTO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2k1 View Post


All fine, could include brass eyelets.

Double leather sole and antique brass eyelets sound good.

In terms of leother, ebony Essex might be a good alternative option.
post #9 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post




Double leather sole and antique brass eyelets sound good.

In terms of leother, ebony Essex might be a good alternative option.


That sounds like a good option.  How do you think the shoes would look like with 7 eyelets?

Also, not sure which leather is softer, but for derbys a softer leather may be better since it would be worn more during the warmer months.

post #10 of 104
[quote name="LA Guy" url="/t/382822/viberg-for-styleforummarket-mto-makeup-brown-cxl-derby#post_

Double leather sole and antique brass eyelets sound good.

In terms of leother, ebony Essex might be a good alternative option.[/quote]


I'm afraid If a black leather I'm out
post #11 of 104
I really like the brown CXL leather. Maybe we can do a black leather MTO next time. With antique brass eyelets that would look cool too.

I am curious how the derby would look with more eyelets. How many eyelets on the original plan? Five? With the antique brass eyets I think five looks good. With seven eyelets I think you would want blind eyelets so the shoe doesn't look cluttered
post #12 of 104

Hope I didn't ruffle things up too much with that.  Double leather sounds

awesome.  Is that olive-ish guidi leather that was shown on the service boots

@ liberty at all an option?  Not sure others are into that anyways but worth

a shot.  There might be cost concerns. Example below.

 

 

If I had to choose, I'd go for the brown CXL over black if the guidi isn't on

the table.

post #13 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettemike View Post

I really like the brown CXL leather. Maybe we can do a black leather MTO next time. With antique brass eyelets that would look cool too.

I am curious how the derby would look with more eyelets. How many eyelets on the original plan? Five? With the antique brass eyets I think five looks good. With seven eyelets I think you would want blind eyelets so the shoe doesn't look cluttered


I think so too.  Five with brass. 7 without.  Both would look great I think. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrero View Post
 

Hope I didn't ruffle things up too much with that.  Double leather sounds

awesome.  Is that olive-ish guidi leather that was shown on the service boots

@ liberty at all an option?  Not sure others are into that anyways but worth

a shot.  There might be cost concerns. Example below.

 

 

If I had to choose, I'd go for the brown CXL over black if the guidi isn't on

the table.


I was going to suggest a green colored alternative as well like the loden green but I think this olive color is even better for a derby. 

post #14 of 104
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Haines View Post

[quote name="LA Guy" url="/t/382822/viberg-for-styleforummarket-mto-makeup-brown-cxl-derby#post_

Double leather sole and antique brass eyelets sound good.

In terms of leother, ebony Essex might be a good alternative option.


AI'm afraid If a black leather I'm out[/quote]

Ebony Essex is not black. It is a brown with grey tones. I don't want black either.

We will do a GuidI boot when the supply is more reliable.

Cheers,

Fok.
post #15 of 104
Ok my bad I guess I don't ebony Essex then. I would then consider as I am open to leathers but I guess guidl is to low in supply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforummarket MTO Makeup: Brown CXL Derby