or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread - Page 609

post #9121 of 9368
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorseHorse View Post

Hey folks, does the MTO program still exist? I see conflicting info on different threads. Thx in advance!

And just to add to the confusion, I'm going to give a conflicting answer to the one you just received...

Not in a proper sense, but if you want a shoe in a size that's not normally available for a certain model, or want a different sole or leather color/type, they'll do it. You just have to pay the MSRP + $125 for it.
post #9122 of 9368
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmy127 View Post

And just to add to the confusion, I'm going to give a conflicting answer to the one you just received...

Not in a proper sense, but if you want a shoe in a size that's not normally available for a certain model, or want a different sole or leather color/type, they'll do it. You just have to pay the MSRP + $125 for it.

Thanks - who do I contact for an Oxblood Leather in an existing model?
post #9123 of 9368
Either call Allen Edmonds corporate customer service (800-235-2348) or contact any AE store and talk to an associate.
post #9124 of 9368
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmy127 View Post


And just to add to the confusion, I'm going to give a conflicting answer to the one you just received...

Not in a proper sense, but if you want a shoe in a size that's not normally available for a certain model, or want a different sole or leather color/type, they'll do it. You just have to pay the MSRP + $125 for it.

Including shell (standard brown/black/burgundy)?

post #9125 of 9368
Yes, last time I tried (admittedly, last June).
post #9126 of 9368
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmpwe View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

On the Reddit AMA with Nick Horween, it was revealed that one of their major customers (up for speculation) has purchased a large order of the new bourbon shell color (basically whiskey that wasn't pure enough to be whiskey - looks similar to ravello).

If it's AE or Carmina, I may need to be in.

Since I have no reputation here, I know this is pure speculation.... I've got word that the big shell purchase was from a manufacturer that doesn't use shell and they're hordeing it.

 

Wonder if it is Wolverine as they seem to be stepping up their game with some smaller retailers. 

post #9127 of 9368
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmpwe View Post

I'd like to place an AE MTO. I haven't read through all several hundred pages of posts. Is Alison still the person to email for a brown shell park avenue order?

Unless you want something changed from the standard model, you can just order it here.
post #9128 of 9368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmpwe View Post

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

On the Reddit AMA with Nick Horween, it was revealed that one of their major customers (up for speculation) has purchased a large order of the new bourbon shell color (basically whiskey that wasn't pure enough to be whiskey - looks similar to ravello).


If it's AE or Carmina, I may need to be in.


Since I have no reputation here, I know this is pure speculation.... I've got word that the big shell purchase was from a manufacturer that doesn't use shell and they're hordeing it.

Wonder if it is Wolverine as they seem to be stepping up their game with some smaller retailers. 

Ugh. That'd be lame as hell. They don't make narrow sizes and their lasts are unattractive on top of that.
post #9129 of 9368
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmy127 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmpwe View Post

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

On the Reddit AMA with Nick Horween, it was revealed that one of their major customers (up for speculation) has purchased a large order of the new bourbon shell color (basically whiskey that wasn't pure enough to be whiskey - looks similar to ravello).


If it's AE or Carmina, I may need to be in.


Since I have no reputation here, I know this is pure speculation.... I've got word that the big shell purchase was from a manufacturer that doesn't use shell and they're hordeing it.

Wonder if it is Wolverine as they seem to be stepping up their game with some smaller retailers. 

Ugh. That'd be lame as hell. They don't make narrow sizes and their lasts are unattractive on top of that.

 

If they put a captoe on their Evans or 1000 mile boot - I could live with it...that is about it though...Unless it is White's or Nick's...who knows. Would really love to see the color of the shell though

post #9130 of 9368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post


Would really love to see the color of the shell though

Ask and you shall receive. This is a photo from Nick Horween's instagram... it's the same two pieces of bourbon shell in the four photos:

post #9131 of 9368
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmy127 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post


Would really love to see the color of the shell though

Ask and you shall receive. This is a photo from Nick Horween's instagram... it's the same two pieces of bourbon shell in the four photos:

 

 

UGH...I was hoping it would be really ugly...that is really nice

post #9132 of 9368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

 

 

UGH...I was hoping it would be really ugly...that is really nice

 

It's beautiful.

 

I've always been confused about AE's shell.  Their "walnut" shell is nothing like walnut calf, and looks more like their bourbon (dark, with the occasional sickly green hues).  Now this bourbon shell looks like AE's walnut calf (the natty shell was similar to their walnut calf as well).  

post #9133 of 9368
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post
 

 

It's beautiful.

 

I've always been confused about AE's shell.  Their "walnut" shell is nothing like walnut calf, and looks more like their bourbon (dark, with the occasional sickly green hues).  Now this bourbon shell looks like AE's walnut calf (the natty shell was similar to their walnut calf as well).  

 

Sickly Green Hues?

 

AE Walnut Cordovan is OFF. THE. HOOK. IMO

 

photo image_zpstmgsliwt.jpeg

post #9134 of 9368

I misunderstood the previous statements and status on the MTO/custom options.

 

So...if I wanted a more casual take on an AE shell shoe, I could have them make a walnut shell McTavish???

post #9135 of 9368
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

I misunderstood the previous statements and status on the MTO/custom options.

So...if I wanted a more casual take on an AE shell shoe, I could have them make a walnut shell McTavish???

No, in two ways.

1. The McTavish is discontinued. They will not do MTOs of discontinued models. I think they want to avoid opening that can of worms again. You could ask for a Neumok, but I don't know if they would do an unlined pair of shell or not, or you could ask for a Jefferson 2.0 or McAllister with a storm welt, but I'm not sure if they'd allow the welt change.

2. Walnut shell hasn't been available for years. All of us would be ordering shoes in walnut shell if it was, SMU fee (extra $125) be damned. Your current options are dark brown, burgundy, or black.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread