or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread - Page 51

post #751 of 3901
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Right?? A few wears, my ass!!!!!!!

Mike's shoe rotation is so huge that I'm convinced those shoes will still look new for another 5 years!
post #752 of 3901
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

My MTO Jefferson's from Post #2 after a few wears. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)













Happy Monday!

-Mike

Mike - superb!
post #753 of 3901
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Funny how you walk funny to not get any rolls. 
I picture marching.
Kidding, of course.
They look great, Mike.

I have the same sentiments about the absence of any rolls. biggrin.gif
post #754 of 3901
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

Funny how you walk funny to not get any rolls. 

I picture marching.

Kidding, of course.

They look great, Mike.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Right?? A few wears, my ass!!!!!!!

 

 

Don't you guys march around like a penguin??? Come on, these aren't Bostonians! :-)

 

Actually, the 5 last is just so nicely fitting to my foot, that these nor my Strands seem to crease. :-)

 

-M

post #755 of 3901
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post
 

Speaking of Eagle County boots, I am wearing my bourbon MTOs today. I too got them for the $197 deal... :)


Those are very nice!!! more pics?

post #756 of 3901

MTO Leeds just arrived . . . awww yeah.

 

 

1095 BROWN SHELL CORDOVAN

TONE ON TONE UPPER STITCHING

BROWN LEATHER INSOLE

BROWN SPLIT REVERSE WELT

BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING

DOUBLE RENDENBACH OUTSOLE WITH COMBO HEEL

post #757 of 3901
^^ Very nice, 1/8. Almost makes me miss my Cappuccino pair.
post #758 of 3901
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

^^ Very nice, 1/8. Almost makes me miss my Cappuccino pair.


You don't miss them?  Por que?

post #759 of 3901
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post


You don't miss them?  Por que?
Long story. In the end they just didn't make me happy.
post #760 of 3901
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Long story. In the end they just didn't make me happy.

 

I would have loved those cappuccino Leeds had I discovered shell in time for when you sold.

 

 

Sizing confuses me so much, so tough to gauge without trying on, though I have learned a lot about my feet in the past year. Seems you are an 8D in most AE lasts along with and 8D in the Barrie last iirc. 

Somehow because of my in between size, low vamp and narrow heel I have found the best sizes to be all over the map. I measure around 8.25 on the brannock, slightly shorter on my left foot.

 

AE 1 last: 8.5D for most, 8E would have been best in the Dundee

AE 5 Last: 8D or 8E. I can even make and 8.5D work, though minor heel slip

AE 7 Last: 8.5D or 8E

 

Alden Barrie and Trubalance: 7.5D works best (so far, only have a pair of CXL PTB), an 8D has way too much heel room and overall volume.

post #761 of 3901
Yea, I still don't believe they didn't go to someone on here. With all the fuss people make/made about them. Oh well.
post #762 of 3901
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

Woohoo!  Just got the invoice for my brown shell Leeds.  Full specs and pics to come next week!


 



Just curious but what size are you? I was just thinking it'd be awesome for some brown leeds to show up as 2nds. Love the Burgundy but have Dundees so thought it might be to much of an overlap. However I could just take your route!

Ah ha, see you posted the pics. Looks great!
post #763 of 3901
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

Woohoo!  Just got the invoice for my brown shell Leeds.  Full specs and pics to come next week!

 



Just curious but what size are you? I was just thinking it'd be awesome for some brown leeds to show up as 2nds. Love the Burgundy but have Dundees so thought it might be to much of an overlap. However I could just take your route!

Ah ha, see you posted the pics. Looks great!

 

Thanks!

 

I am a 9.5 E in the 1 last.  Almost never will you see a failed MTO show up on the seconds list.  A regular poster in this thread somehow got a line on the MTO rejects and so he's able to resell them through the 'bay.  Mine they got right the first time, in 18 days no less!

 

As for overlap, I now own Leeds in black, brown, and burgundy; MacNeil in the same; and Dundee in black, cappuccino, and burgundy (all nine are shell).  I may be nutty but I don't consider them to overlap and each has their place in my admittedly large rotation.

post #764 of 3901
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

 

Thanks!

 

I am a 9.5 E in the 1 last.  Almost never will you see a failed MTO show up on the seconds list.  A regular poster in this thread somehow got a line on the MTO rejects and so he's able to resell them through the 'bay.  Mine they got right the first time, in 18 days no less!

 

As for overlap, I now own Leeds in black, brown, and burgundy; MacNeil in the same; and Dundee in black, cappuccino, and burgundy (all nine are shell).  I may be nutty but I don't consider them to overlap and each has their place in my admittedly large rotation.

 



Yea. I think he mainly goes for the more extreme ones. So thought a normalish Leeds would make it. Pretty sure there are one or two on there from time to time. I got some burgundy shell daltons in 12C which is not a standard width it seems, at least online. So it may have been a somewhat MTO. Just in size, not details. Glad yours turned out the first time though. I've been hankering for a brown shell.
post #765 of 3901
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

MTO Leeds just arrived . . . awww yeah.




1095 BROWN SHELL CORDOVAN
TONE ON TONE UPPER STITCHING
BROWN LEATHER INSOLE
BROWN SPLIT REVERSE WELT
BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING
DOUBLE RENDENBACH OUTSOLE WITH COMBO HEEL

Very nice 1/8th. Enjoy them!

-M
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread