Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 2/17/15
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 2/17/15
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Bucktown Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 2/17/15
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Catskill Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 2/17/15
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Coppell Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 2/17/15
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Lucca Loafertagged by LA Guy, 2/17/15
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Urbino Tassel Loafertagged by LA Guy, 2/17/15
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 2/17/15More
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:44 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 6/18/15 at 2:06pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: Yesterday
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread - Page 38post #556 of 92114/7/14 at 10:26ampost #557 of 92114/7/14 at 11:41amQuote:Originally Posted by BCer
My bet is, they tweak the uppers a bit, and throw on some acceptable soles, and re-launch the EC under a totally different name. The EC name is tainted by the disastrous look the first time around. So rather than try to overcome that, they'll call it something different. And because of the season we're going into, it likely won't happen til Aug/Sept. I'll put money on that scenario. And someone on this thread is going to be first to say "Hey that's my MTO they're launching!" Lol.
They'll just call it the Styleforum or something more cryptic like the San Francisco (which will really be SF for Styleforum)post #558 of 92114/7/14 at 11:44ampost #559 of 92114/7/14 at 11:55amQuote:
I originally wanted walnut grain as well. I was bummed when Allison contacted me and said they damaged it during lasting. It's weird that they discontinued the walnut. Seems like a classic material. But I'm actually very pleased with how the chili grain turned out.
For all it's worth, I wrote a thank you note to Allison and mentioned that they should re-launch the EC (i.e. a plain captoe boot). And I do hope they bring back the ability to MTO discontinued models because I have my sights on the Bayfield. Be patient. Who knows, the wait may be shorter than a typical Alden pre-order.post #560 of 92114/7/14 at 11:57ampost #561 of 92114/7/14 at 12:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by NWTeal
I hope they pick @halfnhalfnhalf , then.
Lol. It would have to be some tri-tone spectator/saddle/suede/whatever deal. The shoe equivalent of The Homer, maybe?post #562 of 92114/7/14 at 8:15pmThread Starterpost #563 of 92114/7/14 at 8:16pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by green garden
x-post from the AE Appreciation Thread:
New eagle sighting. I was pleasantly surprised last Saturday when the package arrived. I spoke to Allison on Wed to confirm payment via credit card. I guess she sent it via 2-day delivery.
I had to wait a bit longer for these to get manufactured because my original order was for Walnut Grain. But the first one got damaged during lasting and we had to come-up with an alternate material. Very pleased with the Chili Grain.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1038 Chili Calf Grain
Dark Brown Upper Stitching
Brown Split Reverse Welt
Light Brown Transparent Edge
Wow, the Chili Grain looks amazing. Baffled that all this beautiful leather isn't getting used for a factory design like this!!! Gah! At least they let us do this!
-Mikepost #564 of 92114/8/14 at 2:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Roycru
The flat shoelaces (one of the three things, along with a Poiron insole and brown welt that didn't happen) for my MTO McGillicuddys arrived here today.
They are very nice flat shoelaces, the nicest flat shoelaces that I have ever seen. However, for some reason, the flat shoelaces are 34 inches long, rather than 30 inches long like the incorrect laces that came with the shoes.
I have rather large bows now. I will see how having large bows works out when I am walking around.
i quite like large bows. Nothing wrong with that!post #565 of 92114/8/14 at 11:28amSo 2 weeks back I put in an order for Jeffersons in pebble grain like someone else made up here. Seeing the discounted price of the Jefferson in the upcoming sale, I emailed Allison to see if she would honor the sale price on my MTO, and she will. $350 for a pair of MTO Jeffersons... I think I love Allison.post #566 of 92114/8/14 at 1:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy
So 2 weeks back I put in an order for Jeffersons in pebble grain like someone else made up here. Seeing the discounted price of the Jefferson in the upcoming sale, I emailed Allison to see if she would honor the sale price on my MTO, and she will. $350 for a pair of MTO Jeffersons... I think I love Allison.
For those wondering, here's a photo of those MTO Jefferson beauties:post #567 of 92114/8/14 at 1:22pmpost #568 of 92114/8/14 at 1:41pmpost #569 of 92114/8/14 at 1:43pmpost #570 of 92114/8/14 at 5:27pmQuote:
Well, here they are!!
As you can see, they are stunning! The burnishing came out great, which is somewhat tricky for bourbon shoes.
BUT as we have seen with recent MTOs, there were some mistakes that I have brought to Allison's attention… maybe she grades the shoe manufacturers on following instructions.
The edges are supposed to be toasted, not brown. This is one issue that saddens me as I was really looking forward to the uniqueness of toasted edges.
And the other is the sock liner color, supposed to be snuff suede not tan suede. No biggie here, no one will ever see that.
Well I hope you enjoy the pic!!!!
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply Jackets BLOWOUT! (34R/36R) 15 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 18 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts