Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 2/17/15
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 2/17/15
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Bucktown Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 2/17/15
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Catskill Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 2/17/15
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Coppell Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 2/17/15
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Lucca Loafertagged by LA Guy, 2/17/15
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Urbino Tassel Loafertagged by LA Guy, 2/17/15
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 2/17/15More
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc Last post on 2/4/17 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 6/18/15 at 2:06pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread - Page 38post #556 of 94084/7/14 at 10:26ampost #557 of 94084/7/14 at 11:41amQuote:Originally Posted by BCer
My bet is, they tweak the uppers a bit, and throw on some acceptable soles, and re-launch the EC under a totally different name. The EC name is tainted by the disastrous look the first time around. So rather than try to overcome that, they'll call it something different. And because of the season we're going into, it likely won't happen til Aug/Sept. I'll put money on that scenario. And someone on this thread is going to be first to say "Hey that's my MTO they're launching!" Lol.
They'll just call it the Styleforum or something more cryptic like the San Francisco (which will really be SF for Styleforum)post #558 of 94084/7/14 at 11:44ampost #559 of 94084/7/14 at 11:55amQuote:
I originally wanted walnut grain as well. I was bummed when Allison contacted me and said they damaged it during lasting. It's weird that they discontinued the walnut. Seems like a classic material. But I'm actually very pleased with how the chili grain turned out.
For all it's worth, I wrote a thank you note to Allison and mentioned that they should re-launch the EC (i.e. a plain captoe boot). And I do hope they bring back the ability to MTO discontinued models because I have my sights on the Bayfield. Be patient. Who knows, the wait may be shorter than a typical Alden pre-order.post #560 of 94084/7/14 at 11:57ampost #561 of 94084/7/14 at 12:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by NWTeal
I hope they pick @halfnhalfnhalf , then.
Lol. It would have to be some tri-tone spectator/saddle/suede/whatever deal. The shoe equivalent of The Homer, maybe?post #562 of 94084/7/14 at 8:15pmThread Starterpost #563 of 94084/7/14 at 8:16pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by green garden
x-post from the AE Appreciation Thread:
New eagle sighting. I was pleasantly surprised last Saturday when the package arrived. I spoke to Allison on Wed to confirm payment via credit card. I guess she sent it via 2-day delivery.
I had to wait a bit longer for these to get manufactured because my original order was for Walnut Grain. But the first one got damaged during lasting and we had to come-up with an alternate material. Very pleased with the Chili Grain.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1038 Chili Calf Grain
Dark Brown Upper Stitching
Brown Split Reverse Welt
Light Brown Transparent Edge
Wow, the Chili Grain looks amazing. Baffled that all this beautiful leather isn't getting used for a factory design like this!!! Gah! At least they let us do this!
-Mikepost #564 of 94084/8/14 at 2:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Roycru
The flat shoelaces (one of the three things, along with a Poiron insole and brown welt that didn't happen) for my MTO McGillicuddys arrived here today.
They are very nice flat shoelaces, the nicest flat shoelaces that I have ever seen. However, for some reason, the flat shoelaces are 34 inches long, rather than 30 inches long like the incorrect laces that came with the shoes.
I have rather large bows now. I will see how having large bows works out when I am walking around.
i quite like large bows. Nothing wrong with that!post #565 of 94084/8/14 at 11:28amSo 2 weeks back I put in an order for Jeffersons in pebble grain like someone else made up here. Seeing the discounted price of the Jefferson in the upcoming sale, I emailed Allison to see if she would honor the sale price on my MTO, and she will. $350 for a pair of MTO Jeffersons... I think I love Allison.post #566 of 94084/8/14 at 1:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy
So 2 weeks back I put in an order for Jeffersons in pebble grain like someone else made up here. Seeing the discounted price of the Jefferson in the upcoming sale, I emailed Allison to see if she would honor the sale price on my MTO, and she will. $350 for a pair of MTO Jeffersons... I think I love Allison.
For those wondering, here's a photo of those MTO Jefferson beauties:post #567 of 94084/8/14 at 1:22pmpost #568 of 94084/8/14 at 1:41pmpost #569 of 94084/8/14 at 1:43pmpost #570 of 94084/8/14 at 5:27pmQuote:
Well, here they are!!
As you can see, they are stunning! The burnishing came out great, which is somewhat tricky for bourbon shoes.
BUT as we have seen with recent MTOs, there were some mistakes that I have brought to Allison's attention… maybe she grades the shoe manufacturers on following instructions.
The edges are supposed to be toasted, not brown. This is one issue that saddens me as I was really looking forward to the uniqueness of toasted edges.
And the other is the sock liner color, supposed to be snuff suede not tan suede. No biggie here, no one will ever see that.
Well I hope you enjoy the pic!!!!
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 seconds ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › How to wear a sweater vest? 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › NWOT Ring Jacket Double Breasted Sport Coat 44 EU 34 US 6 minutes ago
- › What color socks with taupe-ish slacks? 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 9 minutes ago
- › Tailoring Shoulders of Sportjacket - Take in from the neck? 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...