Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 4:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread - Page 38
Styleforum Top Picks
My bet is, they tweak the uppers a bit, and throw on some acceptable soles, and re-launch the EC under a totally different name. The EC name is tainted by the disastrous look the first time around. So rather than try to overcome that, they'll call it something different. And because of the season we're going into, it likely won't happen til Aug/Sept. I'll put money on that scenario. And someone on this thread is going to be first to say "Hey that's my MTO they're launching!" Lol.
They'll just call it the Styleforum or something more cryptic like the San Francisco (which will really be SF for Styleforum)
I originally wanted walnut grain as well. I was bummed when Allison contacted me and said they damaged it during lasting. It's weird that they discontinued the walnut. Seems like a classic material. But I'm actually very pleased with how the chili grain turned out.
For all it's worth, I wrote a thank you note to Allison and mentioned that they should re-launch the EC (i.e. a plain captoe boot). And I do hope they bring back the ability to MTO discontinued models because I have my sights on the Bayfield. Be patient. Who knows, the wait may be shorter than a typical Alden pre-order.
I hope they pick @halfnhalfnhalf , then.
Lol. It would have to be some tri-tone spectator/saddle/suede/whatever deal. The shoe equivalent of The Homer, maybe?
x-post from the AE Appreciation Thread:
New eagle sighting. I was pleasantly surprised last Saturday when the package arrived. I spoke to Allison on Wed to confirm payment via credit card. I guess she sent it via 2-day delivery.
I had to wait a bit longer for these to get manufactured because my original order was for Walnut Grain. But the first one got damaged during lasting and we had to come-up with an alternate material. Very pleased with the Chili Grain.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1038 Chili Calf Grain
Dark Brown Upper Stitching
Brown Split Reverse Welt
Light Brown Transparent Edge
Wow, the Chili Grain looks amazing. Baffled that all this beautiful leather isn't getting used for a factory design like this!!! Gah! At least they let us do this!
The flat shoelaces (one of the three things, along with a Poiron insole and brown welt that didn't happen) for my MTO McGillicuddys arrived here today.
They are very nice flat shoelaces, the nicest flat shoelaces that I have ever seen. However, for some reason, the flat shoelaces are 34 inches long, rather than 30 inches long like the incorrect laces that came with the shoes.
I have rather large bows now. I will see how having large bows works out when I am walking around.
i quite like large bows. Nothing wrong with that!
So 2 weeks back I put in an order for Jeffersons in pebble grain like someone else made up here. Seeing the discounted price of the Jefferson in the upcoming sale, I emailed Allison to see if she would honor the sale price on my MTO, and she will. $350 for a pair of MTO Jeffersons... I think I love Allison.
For those wondering, here's a photo of those MTO Jefferson beauties:
Well, here they are!!
As you can see, they are stunning! The burnishing came out great, which is somewhat tricky for bourbon shoes.
BUT as we have seen with recent MTOs, there were some mistakes that I have brought to Allison's attention… maybe she grades the shoe manufacturers on following instructions.
The edges are supposed to be toasted, not brown. This is one issue that saddens me as I was really looking forward to the uniqueness of toasted edges.
And the other is the sock liner color, supposed to be snuff suede not tan suede. No biggie here, no one will ever see that.
Well I hope you enjoy the pic!!!!
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 29 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 37 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 43 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...